Chapter 11 – Goal for the future
651 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

After that I basically had to do several tests with the teachers to see how much I already knew so they could put me in a more advanced class, and in the end, it was decided that I would skip to the last year, now just try to imagine the bizarre scene of an 8-year-old child in the middle of teenagers, that was exactly the scene that was happening, only I was the child in the middle of the teenagers.

(The stares are making me uncomfortable)

That's what was going through my mind, no matter where I looked someone was looking at me, I wonder if I did wrong in showing that I have more intelligence than the common children, but still I don't regret it, there are many things I want to do so the sooner I graduate here the better it will be, besides, if I show that I am smarter than most maybe I will get a scholarship at the academy, while I was thinking about this the door was opened and soon a professor entered, the woman already seemed to be of a significantly advanced age, her gray hair was well done and her glasses were giving her an intellectual appearance.

I learned that the last year of the schools in the kingdom are taught by trained noblemen who have volunteered, at least that's what they say, to me they are simply trying to find talent among the commoners, as soon as the teacher came to the table she sat down and started to look around, it seemed that she was looking for something or someone, as soon as our eyes met, she stood up again and walked to the front of the room.

"As you know today, we have a new student who was with us attending our classes, although he is 8 years younger than you, I ask you to respect him accordingly, he was placed in our class after several tests that proved that he was able to learn the same subjects as you"

After she said this, she walked to her desk and sat down, again several looks were being directed at me, I felt like in a circus performance but decided not to pay attention, after that the day passed smoothly, in general the classes were still simple so I was able to do everything easily, when evening came, I was already home having dinner with my family.

"So, Ren, how are the classes going?"

My mom asked.

"It's going well mom, it's not that hard, I'll be able to keep up"

At my words my mother let out a sigh and looked at me with a worried look on her face.

"I wonder who you pulled, suddenly jumping into the senior year within a week of entering the school"

As my mother said this, she looked at me with a look that clearly said I was a problem boy, sorry about that mom, I will definitely give you more trouble in the future.

"But what's wrong with that Layla, it just proves even more that our son is a genius"

Said my father with a huge smile on his face as he put his hand on my head and shook my hair, hearing my father's words my mother looked at him with angry eyes as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"And because you always spoil him that he doesn't know that the things he does are totally out of the norm"

My mother said to my father making him cringe, i'm sorry mom, I actually know that what I'm doing is out of the ordinary, but if I can do something to improve the lives of the people who live in this world, I have no reason not to.

"I also want to be smart like onii-chan"

While my father and mother were talking Anna suddenly said this while raising her arms, the smile on her face made it impossible to deny any of her requests.

"But what are you saying Anna, if you become just like your brother, I don't doubt at all that you two really could do something totally crazy"

Hearing my mother's words made me wonder what kind of person she thought I was in her mind, I mean, it's not like I'm going to create a nuclear bomb...unless I have to.

"What do you think I could create my dear mother?"

My tone was playful, my mom looked at my dad and her eyes were clearly saying something like, did you see, he is only like this because of you, i laughed as I looked at my father who was trying to apologize to my mother while his head was on the ground in a perfect seiza, sometimes I wonder if my father doesn't have the soul of a Japanese, seeing that I was laughing my father lifts his head and soon he, my mother, and Anna start laughing together, moments like this could not be replaced by any invention I could create so they were the most precious to me.

***

A few days had passed, my school life was still quiet as I continued to stand out more and more, now instead of only the school knowing about me, now it seems that the whole town knows about my academic abilities, at this point the teachers simply stopped trying to understand me, and anything I said or did they would simply say was because I was a genius.

But this honestly didn't matter to me, the sales of my manual water pump were doing very well and I was making a lot of money, thanks to this my family and I had managed to move to a slightly richer area of the city, but otherwise my goal was still the same, probably in 2 years I would be able to graduate, and if all goes well, I would get a letter of recommendation indicating me for the academy in the capital of Solaris.

19