Chapter 8 – Something Called School
1.4k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time flies by when you're having fun. 

I totally understand what that means now.

It's been 6 years since that kidnapping incident and I'm currently 14 years old.

Alright! Let's have a quick recap of what happened in those 6 years. The prince came over to visit and tell me about how 'glad' he was when they found out I was alive. 

My alternate identity, Aki, has risen to SSS rank (hidden: God rank) and I became the youngest adventurer to have advanced to SSS rank. I've already gotten who knows how many invitations to become the head swordsman of an important noble family, even the royal families extended an invitation.

 As you could've guessed, I turned them all down~ I'm a free woman, who the heck wants to be tied down to an important figure?! If I'm going to be anyone's bodyguard, it's only going to be my family's!

Besides that, I anonymously started my own company named Le Dragon D'or, which means the golden dragon. My company sells almost everything, ranging from clothing to food to entertainment! 

Le Dragon D'or is located in many different areas all around Sairale and it has become the most popular (and only) shopping mall. My only business partner is of course, the Loctine family!

As you can see, I've done quite a lot of things to relieve myself of the boredom, but I realized along the way that I really, really regret something. And that something is making this otome game have a setting where phones were non-existent.

My life revolves around my phone and computer, I really cannot live without them!

I'm not an idiot, so I already tried my creation magic, but what is a phone gonna do without any wifi signal?!

Oh, last thing before I skip back into the present, here are how far I've progressed throughout these years. "Aki" didn't level up to SSS without going anything, ya know! I took tons of insane missions to get more battle experience:

Nadina Loctine (Aki)
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Race: Half Fairy, Half-??? (Insufficient level, Information Locked)
Magic: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Light, Darkness, Space, Healing, Poison, Time, Creation, ??? (Hidden Requirement Not Met, Information Locked)
Level: 200 (Average Adventurer Adult is lv.30)
HP: Infinity
MP: Infinity
Titles: Blessed by the Goddess, Reincarnated One, Couch Potato, Good Actor, Crossdresser, Singer, Proficient Worker, Remarkable Waitress, Attracting Others Like Bees, Flower of the Street, CEO, Loser Without a Phone (Maybe I should add a low IQ title as well)
Skills: Appraisal, Camouflage, Navigation, Perfect Expression Package, Perfect Makeup Artist, Perfect Maid, Proficient Business Woman, Perseverance, ??? (Insufficient Level, Hidden Requirement Not Met, Skills Locked)

The thing I'm most triggered at is the "insufficient level" beside my race. Like, bruh! I'm already level 200, and I'm STILL too low leveled? 

But I know that my stats have a reason for saying so, therefore I forgot about it after a bit of time.

The part I'm most triggered at is... WHAT THE FLIPPING HELL IS "LOSER WITHOUT A PHONE"?! ARE YOU JUDGING ME FOR NOT HAVING AN ELECTRONICAL DEVICE? WELL IT'S NOT MY FAULT THIS CRAPPY WORLD DOESN'T. FRICKING. HAVE. WIFI! 

... It actually is, isn't it? ToT

In my defense, how would I have known that I would've gotten reincarnated into this world? T^T

By the way... WHO HAS LOW IQ?! I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT AGAIN! 

ヾ(ʘдʘ╬)ノ

- - - - - - - - - 

Back to the present, I'm having a huge crisis. I'm fourteen, and that means the plot of the 'school arc' in "Doki Doki You Stole My Heart Desu" is about to commence. 

The school is called Nokoyami and it is the number one school to train swordsmen and magicians. You have to stay there for 6 years to graduate and get your diploma. Those who manage to graduate from this school have a very high chance of getting scouted by an important family. 

My problem is that it is located in the capital of Pafizika and I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that...

Since I have to go to Nokoyami anyways, I get to visit my friends in the capital whom I haven't seen for 6 years. But I really don't want the storyline to start! If I make a single error, then it'll lead to my doom!

In all honesty, the heroine, Melodie, isn't actually as pitiful as people think, the only reason she was treated badly was because her looks were almost on par with Nadina's. Unlike those typical commoner heroines, Melodie was raised in Earl's family. She was their precious baby daughter, so she never suffered many hardships. If someone glares at her, she'll start bawling like it's the end of the world! I might've made her character settings too mary sue/white lotus?? And those are the exact types of people I hate...

Whatever! The only reason I'm still following the plot is because I want to cancel my engagement with that idiot prince. So, I decided that the easiest and most efficient way to do that would be to act as a villainess! (Author: Aiya.. What a huge pit in her brain)

I wanna be an independent woman!

"My adorable little Naddy~"

Oh, it's the idiot brother contacting me through the light wristband. "Onii-chan, what is it?"

"You're coming to our school tomorrow right? I can finally see you again! Your brother here is a third year, so I'll protect you from all those stupid bullies!"

"Onii-chan! Remember what I told you? You're not supposed to act like a freaking sis-con! You gotta pretend you hate me!"

"Ehhh~ Don't wanna! Even if the whole world collapses because of you, I'll never hate my sweet little angel."

"Onii-chan~ You promised me! If you go back on your word, I won't talk to you for the next 5 months~"

" Σ(っ°Д °;)っ WHAAAT? NONONO, Onii-chan agrees ok? Please don't ignore Onii-chan!"

"Mhm, I love you onii-chan!"

"Wuwuwu, my Naddy is the cutest in Sairale! I can't wait to see her in a uniform!"

.-. I can hear you ya know

Haaahh... I guess I'll go get ready to go to school. 

I set up a teleportation portal in my room and it is only going to activate if I or someone that I trust uses it. I'll link it to... somewhere in my dorm room?

I hate packing, so I'll just stuff everything inside my storage space  (~ ^ > ^)~

Done! I guess I'll go pay everyone one last visit.

After I put on my disguise and walked into town, I headed towards the guild hall.

"Kyaaaa~ It's Aki-sama!"

"Aki-sama, look this way~"

"Aki-sama, you're my idol!"

T^T  I completely forgot I had to deal with this every time I came to town!

"Hehe, as popular as ever eh?"

"Darius-san! Are you going to the guild as well?"

"Yup, wanna tag along? I heard you're going on another one of your leveling up trips? Let's spar again after you come back, okay kiddo?"

"Of course!"

- At the Guild Hall -

"Everyone! Aki is going on another training journey, let's send him off!"

"Yeah!!!"

"Nee, Aki-chan, can you come with me for a sec?" said a sweet and melodic voice from behind me

Without turning around, I already knew who it was, "Sure, Mariana-nee!"

We went up to the second floor and walked into the guild master's headquarters. Lexis was lazing around like usual, but his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Yo, Nadina! Come, sit!"

"Old Man, would it kill you to shut up for a sec? What if someone heard you call Nadina by her real name?!"

"No worries, I already set up an ultra-strong sound barrier."

"Still, it wouldn't hurt to be more careful"

"Alright you two, What did you guys want to tell me?"

"Ah! Nadina, you're already 14 and that means you'll be attending Nokoyami tomorrow, right?"

"Ye ;-;"

"Well, there are a few things I have to tell you about that school. First things first, the headmaster, Lewis, also known as my older brother, is extremely cunning."

"OLDER BROTHER?!"

"Hmm? Didn't I tell you about that?"

"Hell no!"

"Ah.. well, now you know. Back to the topic we were discussing, NEVER EVER let Lewis take an interest in you, or even I cannot get you out of it"

"What do you mean? Don't people usually want the headmaster to pay attention to them?"

"Oh.. that's because they don't know his secret... hobbies. Let's just say, everyone he took an interest in ended up quitting school."

"It's THAT bad? What did he even do to them?"

"I-it doesn't really matter. Everything's fine as long as you don't attract his attention."

"I'll try?"

"Mhm, good girl. Oh, I almost forgot! Here, this is a custom made sword that's embedded with Alexandrite. I got it made just for you. It's even retractable, so it can turn into the size of a normal knife. That way you can hide it under your skirt when you go to school and if anything happens, use it."

In front of me laid the most beautiful sword I've ever seen. It has a shiny silver color and its hilt is decorated with color-changing Alexandrite stones. The sword even radiated a mystical aura that I couldn't help but be attracted to. "S-so.. beautiful! Thank you so much! I love it!"

"No problem and good luck!"

"Mhm! I'll do my very best in school! I love you guys!"

For my family, my friends and my sake, I'll make sure to change my destiny! No one can decide my fate other than me!

- - - - - - - - - -

So.. I'm finally here, huh? 

Right before me lies Nokoyami, the number one school of swordsmanship and magic. The moment I take a step it, the gears will start to turn and the story will commence.

Let the game, begin!

"My sweet little Nad----"

"Shut up!" I said as I glared at a certain stupid older brother 

"Oops T^T" and then he proceeded to sigh. Suddenly his whole aura changed into that of a person that was extremely annoyed. "So you're finally here, huh? During the time you're here, just don't even talk to me. It's already such a hassle being related to you, if I see you doing anything stupid, you're done for"

Woah~ onii-chan's got some skills~ "Tsk, and what right do you have to decide what I do?"

"Oh, I have my ways to make you listen. Brat, you should've just stayed at home with mother and father while being the pink prissy selfish princess you are"

"It's such a waste of time talking to you"

'Wahhh I'm so sorry Naddy! I don't actually mean all that, but I have to continue! All for the sake of Naddy not ignoring me!' cried Spade internally. "Right back at you" then, he walked away.

Good Job! 10/10 for that acting! I bet onii-chan's heart is shattered into pieces though~

At least I got the result I want because not long after, I heard rumors about how the relationship between onii-chan and I are like Fire and Ice.

I took another look at the school and holy mother of--- anyways, it was HUGE!

At least 3 times larger than the guild! And the guild was already freaking ENORMOUS!

The royals of each country don't need to take the entrance test, so I guess I'm pretty lucky for that.

I took a look at the piece of paper in my hand and it told me that my seat was waaaayyy up in the front where only the royals and students who got into the top 10 during the entrance examinations can sit. 

As I sat down, I took a look around me and I saw that all the capture targets have gathered. Who knows if it was because of luck or something else, but my seat was right beside my fiance, Ace's.

"Ace darling~ looks like we're both placed in S class, though you're a year higher than me.. but that's okay! I'll go visit you all the time! It's been so long since I saw you, don't you miss me?"

"Of course, Nadina"

Oho? As cunning and devious as ever, huh? Wait, isn't this the freshman ceremony? What's Ace doing here anyway? He even got much better at putting on that fake-ass smile. If I wasn't someone who practiced acting, then I probably wouldn't have been able to tell. "We'll have lots of fun during the 6 years here~"

" Yes, LOTS of fun. Hehe.."

Wut? Why did he chuckle? Oh, was it because he met the heroine? There was supposed to be that scene at the gates where the heroine got lost and the two of them came in together. 

Before I could say another word, the headmaster walked up to the stadium and began. I gotta say, 90% of him seriously resembles Lexis!

"Welcome, students of Nokoyami! Here, we teach the most advanced swordsmanship and magic in all of Sairale! I would like to congratulate everyone that got accepted into the academy. I'm sure everyone has gotten their class number and schedules, right? Everything that is to be said is all on the paper we sent to you. Now, I shall introduce your student council president and vice president! Please welcome Spade Loctine and Ace Fairmond"

... NANI?! SPADE AND ACE?! THIS WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL STORYLINE??? Wait no, there wasn't even a student council in the original plot! Is this what they call filling a plothole? 

"blahblahblah ... and once again, welcome to Nokoyami! Please go to your dorms and settle in. Classes start tomorrow at 9 A.M."

Alrighty~ let's head to the dorms!

As I was on my ways to the dorms I passed by the backyard of Nokoyami and boy, it was just as beautiful as the one we had back in Frostillia, but bigger.

Room 315, this should be it, I can't wait to see my roommate! Oh no, I have to act like a villain though! Urrghh, life is so hard!

"Hello, my name is Nadina Loctine and for the next 6 years, I shall become your roommate. Tell me what yo----"

O.O

HOLY SHIT, IT'S LYRA?! WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?

"Hmm? Hello, my name is Lyr----- DINA?!"

"Lyra!"

"What are you doing here?" we both yelled at the same time

"Wait.. you said Nadina Loctine..? Isn't the Loctine family the royals that govern Frostillia? That means.. you're a royal?!"

"Haha.. surprise? Long time no see Lyra. I really missed you" I said with tears in my eyes

"What a surprise THAT was. Dina, or should I say Nadina, it's been too long! You totally promised you'd come visit us!" Lyra pouted

We laughed and caught up on everything that was missed for the past 6 years and it was like we traveled back to the past. 

"Naddy, the goddess of luck must've given me her blessings, or I wouldn't have been as lucky as to become your roomie!"

"Same here!"

"C'mon, let's go check the school out!"

"Wait, Lyra! I uhh... might have to adopt a bratty and overbearing image..?" and so, I proceeded on to tell her my plan to get my engagement canceled

"... Sighs~ I really have no words for you. But again, it's so like you to come up with these bizarre ideas"

"Hmph! Don't call my ideas bizzare!"

"Okay, there there. I'll play along with you and pretend to be someone you bullied~"

"Uwahh~ thanks so much! Lyra, you're really the best!"

"Aren't I?"

*BANG*

"MY DARLING ANGEL~ I MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH. ONII-CHAN IS SUPER SORRY FOR SAYING THOSE MEAN THINGS, OKAY?"

"Onii-chan! Chill!"

"Ehh? I heard that you two had a really bad relationship? Please don't tell me he was also included in your plan.." said Lyra, surprised.

"Yup!"

"Who are you? Why are you so close to my Naddy?" Spade growled

"YOUR NADDY?! Back off! Naddy obviously likes me more! I'm her best friend and we're so close, that we can practically be called sisters!" Lyra exclaimed with a glare

"You guys can practically be called sisters, but I am her most precious onii-chan! We're already siblings! Plus, I wouldn't want a stink sister like you!"

"What did you say?! Naddy, you like me better than this idiot, right?"

"My adorable sweetie, you obviously treasure me more, right?"

Oh god.. all I can say is.. a new member has officially joined the idiot squad.

Will I.. really survive the next 6 years?

 ╥﹏╥

35