Chapter 9 – Heroine and Spars
1.4k 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heavy Makeup? Check!

Drill Hair? Check!

Haughty Pose? Check!

Arrogant Expression? Check!

Ready, Set, Action!

"Fufufu, you're just a stupid commoner, how dare you infect our noble auras with your dirty stench!" 

"I-I'm sorry miss Nadina.."

"That's princess Nadina to you!"

"Y-yes princess Nadina"

*Pours Water* "You should be thankful that I'm willing to wash away that dirty commoner smell on you"

"O-Of course, princess Nadina"

"Now, hold my things and follow me"

"U-understood"

The surrounding people all started to whisper and chat about the scene that was just displayed. 

"Poor girl, Nadina is bullying Lyra again, isn't she?"

"What a sad excuse for a royal!"

"I mean, Lyra IS a commoner.."

"True...--"

Meanwhile, the two girls, Nadina and Lyra had arrived inside their dorm room.

"L-Lyrrrraaaaaa! I'm sooooo sorrryyy! Uwwaaahhh T^T"

"Naddy, how many times do I have to say this? I. Already. Agreed. To. Your. Stupid. Plan. So. Stop. Apologizing! Geez, which other royal in Sairale acts like you do.."

"But still! I said so many mean things and poured water on you!"

".. So what? The water was actually pretty refreshing, and I'm going to take a bath later anyways. The mean things? I'M THE ONE WHO WROTE THE DAMN SCRIPT SO WHAT ARE YOU BEING SORRY FOR?!"

"W-well, if you ever want to back out of this, just tell me! As long as you won't hate me!"

"For the nth time this month, I'm fine!"

Yup, it's already been a month since we first entered Nokoyami! I've yet to meet the heroine, but I'm glad that my fiance has been giving me more scornful eyes!

My plan is working perfectly~ 

*Whack* "Stop daydreaming! We're going to be late for class!"

"Aiya! I'm coming!"

- - - - - - - - - -

Ace's POV

Nadina Loctine. That's my fiance's name. I can't say I wasn't disappointed when I first saw her. Bratty, arrogant, selfish. Those all fit her perfectly. But since 90% of the nobles out there are all like that, I might as well just bear with it.

When she was 3, she had an accident and hit her head when she fell. I kind of wished she would've gotten memory loss or something so she wouldn't be as arrogant. Alas, that personality of hers is embedded into her nature and nothing changed. 

Until that one week when she was 4. 

 As usual, I had to listen to her nonsense rambling in the patio and after a few hours she was finally done. I think my face is starting to hurt from all that smiling. This isn't interesting at all, it's really boring, just like everything else. 

And like I expected, that continued on. We played dolls, dress up, family, basically everything a kid could think of. How boring.

Maybe my prayers were heard by the goddess, because I came across something very interesting.

"Nadina! I got those magic healing crystals you were asking for! Why did you need them though?"

Hmm? Why is a maid talking to my fiance so casually?

"Wahh! Thanks so much Sita! I need to head to town, now! Vivian is injured!"

"What?! Vivian is? Please, you have to help her!"

"I know, I'm going right now, so please, just somehow help me stall that prince or whatever. Gotta go!"

"Understood!"

Hmm.. that prince, huh? Seems like my dear fiance is hiding some secrets

- - - 

When Nadina started clinging to my arm during her debut birthday party, I could see every one of her actions, but nothing was out of place. Was I thinking too much?

After she left, I got bored as well, so I followed her.

Then, there was a scene that I'd never forget.

She looked so dazzling in those flowers, while she was singing a foreign song. The light that the plants gave off illuminated the area around her and I almost thought she was an angel sent down from the heavens.

It was the most beautiful sight, but I'm afraid, the song ended too early. I didn't want to startle her, so I carefully slipped away and went back to the ball.

Little did I know, that was the worst decision I've ever made.

News got out that the little princess of Frostillia was kidnapped and everyone was in a state of panic.

Why? Why didn't I stay a little longer? I could've prevented all that, but I didn't. I wasn't able too. I'm still to weak.

So I'm going to get much stronger and wait for the day you come back.

My dear fiance.

- - -

"Nadina is bullying Lyra again!"

Bullying, huh? I smirked.

Well, since you're so into games, I'll just play along with you. 

Nadina~

- - - - - - - - - -

Nadina's POV

I'm late for class!!

Okay, I'm almost there, just past that corner and... *CRASH*

"Owww! What the heck! Who dares bump into me?"

"I-I'm sorry!" came a melodic voice in front of me

Hmm....? That voice? I looked up and as I expected. It was the heroine.

F***. 

Why now!? 

"Get out of the way! I need to get to class!"

"Ah! I'm so sorry!"

"Let's go!" I held her hand and dragged her to class. If I remember, the heroine had the legendary healing element, so she was placed in S class. 

"Ehh...? Oh, okay!"

'Who? What? Where? Why is the school bully dragging me to class? I'm just the lowly daughter of an Earl, why is my luck so bad ToT' cried Melodie inwardly

I dragged the Heroine into the classroom without even knowing it and sat down at my usual seat. 

"Miss Nadina and Miss Melodie! You two are late!"

"Ugh, shut up will you? It's just one minute!"

"Nadina! How dare you talk to the teacher like that?!"

"A minute isn't going to kill you!" No really, it's just a minute! T^T

The teacher who looked like she was going to blow up and yelled "BECAUSE NADINA WAS LATE, THE WHOLE CLASS IS PUNISHED TO RUNNING A LAP AROUND THE SCHOOL!"

Everyone turned and glared at me like I was the number one enemy of humanity. 

... Dude, the heroine was also late! What are ya'll looking at me for?

Lyra, who sat beside me whispered "Hey Naddy, why did the teacher specifically pick you?"

That's what I'd like to know! But I grit my teeth and replied, "Maybe because she thought I was too pretty~"

"..." 

Meanwhile, Melodie was sitting in a corner chanting "You don't see me, you don't see me!"

Everyone ran a lap around the school and finally went back to class. 

The class of 1S was composed of the top 14 year old geniuses in Sairale. Half of the class were gifted in swordsmanship and the other half held great talent in the magic section.

Lyra, Melodie and I were all gifted in magic, so we were separated, but today was a special case. We're having a friendly spar with the students from the swordsmanship section!

I wish I could use my sword instead, it'll help me gain more experience in swordsmanship.

Our homeroom teacher for the next 6 years, Kelly, led us to meet the swordsmanship instructor, ... Darius?!

You've got to know, other than Mariana and the guild master, Darius is the only other person who knew I was a girl. He's actually the son of that old man who was named Lexis.

My brain probably short circuited right at that moment because I accidentally blurt out "Darius?!?!?!?!?!"

He seemed startled by the sudden shout and looked towards me. "NADD----INA?!" (he was about to say Naddy)

Everyone else had wide eyes since they were all surprised to find out that the school bully knew Darius, the ultimate  sword. 

Yes, Darius's nickname is the ultimate sword. He made a name for himself at the age of 17 because of his amazing swordsmanship skills and reached S class a little before he turned 30.

The lifespan of people in this world depends on how much mana or sword aura they have. Mana can only be obtained by magicians and it is through absorbing the elements in nature, but sword aura had to be cultivated.

Most swordsmen are the ones that don't have enough talent in the magic compartment, so they chose to walk the path of the sword instead. Unlike mana, the sword aura had to be trained and you'd only "level up" if you manage to break through your body's limits again and again.

"Nadina, you and Darius seem to know each other?"

Oh shit... I just remembered what type of situation I'm in.

"Uhhh.. Darius is the ultimate sword after all! He had come to visit the palace a few times because my father invited him, so naturally, I know him! Haha.." No one's going to believe my pathetic lie...

"R-right! Plus, I'm from the adventurer's guild located in Frostillia, so I 've seen miss Nadina around the palace a few times."

I secretly gave him a thumbs up and hoped that everyone will buy the excuse I made up on the spot. 

"Ohh! I see! Well, since Nadina already introduced him, I will do so again. This is Darius, the ultimate sword of Frostillia and the sword instructor for 1S"

Murmurs and whispers were going around and lots of them were about how Darius looked so mighty and awesome and how our class was so lucky to have him as our instructor.

But, I thought differently. Darius? Him? Mighty and Awesome? Were your brains fried or do you have some incurable eye disease? Look at him, what part of that perverted uncle looks cool?

 I swear, I'd even admit that my brother's more awesome than Uncle Darius!

*Thinks about bro* 
"Naddy~"
"My dear angel"
"Give brother a huggy and kissy!"

...

I take that back

"Alright class! We're going to have a swordsman and magician pair up and fight with other teams, okay? I will now be announcing your teams!

Lyra and Dillon

Liam and Matthew

. . .

Nadina and Myers

Ok, those are all the teams. You have 10 minutes to familiarize yourselves with each other.  GO GO GO!"

My heart dropped when I heard the name of the person I was paired with. Fate sure works in weird ways, huh? 

Of all the people in the swordsmanship class, I just had to be paired with MYERS, one of the damn capture targets!

Arrghh! Damn it, is my luck really that bad? QAQ

Fine, let it be that way then! Fight me (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

"Greetings, Myers Sylpheria. It's my pleasure to meet the crown prince of Sylpheria, my name is Nadina Loctine and I am the crown princess of Frostillia."

A look of disdain flashed by in his eyes, but he quickly covered it up with his usual frost and cool demeanor. Of course, being waaaaaayyyy stronger than Myers, Nadina didn't miss it.

"Mhm. Don't drag me down and don't expect me to help you if you get yourself into trouble."

... Is this guy an imbecile? What part of me looks like I need your help? Helllooo! Ya sure it's not the other way around? God, are all humans.... I mean fallen angels so rude these days?

"Yeesss~" I said in my signature screeching and high pitched flirty tone.

"..."

Uwaahhh, did I overdo it? I forgot that this guy wasn't Ace, so he doesn't have any tolerance to my "villaness voice". I mean, just look at him! Myers's face looks like he's just been f*cked by a dog...

It wasn't THAT bad, right?

*DING DING DING* "Time's up everyone! we will now commence our sparring session!"

Everyone gathered around the humongous training platform and the teacher started to announce the first group.

"First up is Lyra and Dillon against Liam and Matthew. Good luck to both of you!"

Lyra looked really surprised that she was in the first group, but soon had a face that said "Hell no, I'm not going first!"

Then a strangely... familiar dark purple haired youth went beside and patted her head. Lyra started to calm down and made a "Yeah, I can do this!" pose.

The man seemed to have sensed my gaze, because he looked up and stared right at me. When our eyes met, I seem to have felt a faint connection with the other, and his eyes also widened a little, but the man soon shook it off as if it was a misconception.

After that, the two pairs got into position and the battle began.

Like me, Lyra is a dual elemental magician. She possesses the common fire and earth attributes, while Liam holds the rare light element.

When the teacher signaled for the spar to commence, the two swordsmen ran up and began to battle it out with each other.

After 20 minutes of continuously trying to get the other to yield, the two close combat fighters were exhausted. In the middle, Lyra had tried to help out by using her magic to distract Matthew, but everything was easily countered by Liam.

*TWEET!* "Alright kiddos! The battle has gone on for 30 minutes, therefore it has ended! Good Job to both of you, as it ended up in a tie! Now, I'll give out some pointers! Lyra, why would you attack the opponent using your fire magic? Your teammate is already sweating, and by the looks of it, he wasn't going to hold out for much longer. The heat generated from your fire only made it worse! And that earth golem that you created to help, didn't you see that it was throwing Dillon off his pace? It was messing with the rhythm that he was constantly trying to get! Next time keep those in mind! Now you, Liam! Is [Reflect] the only spell you know? Throughout the whole battle you only used that particular spell, but don't you understand how mana consuming that is?! Why didn't you use....." and he kept going on until the four who were originally quite happy with the result had faces that looked as if they had their souls sucked out. From the way Darius worded it, what was the difference between them and trash?

"Okay, less dilly dallying, and more working! Next group, Nadina and Myers versus Kenneth and Aria!"

Oh, it's my turn already? Alright, let's get this over with.

I stepped onto the battlefield and was about to get into battle position, when I suddenly had a bad premonition and felt shivers down my spine....

"It's probably just the weather.." Nadina shamelessly lied to herself while looking at the bright sun and feeling the light summer breeze.

- - - - - - - - - -

-Between Realms Headquarters-

A man and a woman are sitting on a couch while they engage in a serious conversation.

The man was exceedingly handsome and wore a white suit that matched his glimmering golden hair and crystal blue eyes. Located on the other side of the couch sat an enchanting beauty who looked as if she had been carved out of marble. Her skin was pearly white and glossy while she wore a smile that could topple over countries. 

If Nadina was here, she would have recognized the woman because she is none other than Miranda, the "goddess".

"Lady Miranda, due to your recent achievements and from the placing you got in the last competition of realms, you are to be promoted and the council of realmkeepers has decided for you to become the new Realmkeeper of Plane 017. The previous keeper perished while trying to defend her realm from plane invasions, therefore you have been deemed the most fitting keeper to watch over. Plus, Plane 017 is in a much better condition than your current one, Plane 105. Plane 105, Sairale, will be passed on to whomever you believe is the most worthy one to sit in that position."

"Heck yeah! I finally get my first promotion in millenniums! As for who will be taking over as the Realmkeeper of Plane 105.. who else could it be other than my darling Naddy? Just throw everything onto my dear little Nadina~"

"You wish for Nadina Loctine, the sole immigrant from Plane 007, Earth, which is governed by Lord Nico, am I correct?"

"Yaaaa! She may seem ordinary at first glance, but my sixth sense is telling me there's a deeper secret hidden in her. Fufufu~ How fun!"

"... As you desire." with a swoosh of his hand, a piece of document appeared in front of Miranda. As if already knowing the contents, she didn't even spare a glance at the words before directly signing the sheet of paper. After she finished writing her signature, the sheet floated and then burst into millions of shining dots that dissipated after a few seconds. "Nadina Loctine has been appointed as the new Realmkeeper of Plane 105. Good luck in maintaining the peace of Sairale."

"Don't let me down, kay Naddy? I'll be watching~"

33