Chapter 11 – Dina is Back!
1.4k 15 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hai Naddy!"

'Miranda..?'

"Yup it's me! Aren't you enjoying the life of a Realmkeeper right now?"

'... I mean, everything's the same as before so, no not really."

"Oh? So you want to spice things up a little more? Okay~ Sure! I've just notified the few billion realms which're ranked under you that your an inexperienced Realmkeeper and this is their perfect chance to come and attack you!"

'WTF?! THE HELL? I DIDN'T ASK FOR THAT!'

"Fufufufu~ Good Luck~ Byebyeeeeeeee"

'COME BACK YOU DIMWIT!"

"lalalalala~"

"Guys look, it's the new Realmkeeper of Plane 105! Let's go take over that plane!"

"Charrgeee!!!"

"Take her down, and our ranks will move up tremendously!"

'NOOOOOO DON'T COME OVER!!!! DAMN IT!'

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I yelled as I woke up in cold sweat.

Huh? There's no plane invasion?

I looked around and saw that I was still in the familiar dorm room, while Lyra's bed is empty so she must've gone out to who knows where.

Whew.... Just great, now I'm even getting nightmares about being a Realmkeeper! Guess everything wasn't as easy as I thought It'd be, huh...

Anyways, today should be a Saturday and I'm going to meet up with Liam in the guild hall located at the capital of Pafizika today, at 9:00 AM.

It's only 8:00 AM at the moment so I put on a light pink laced dress that's a little puffy and wore my bubble gum pink shoes while my hair was in my everyday drill-haired style. I painted my nails rouge and wore pink eye shadow with a faint pink blush. Then, I finished it off by applying a hot pink lipstick.

Oh! Of course I wouldn't forget about my pink earrings, bracelets, and necklace!

Now, for the combat gear. I wore my pitch black ring, which doesn't stand out too much and is actually a storage ring I made myself. I stuffed a few grenades, poison, whips, and mana bombs in there. Of course, I didn't forget to put the sword Lexis gave me inside! For a finishing touch, I wore my throwing knife leg holder under my puffy dress. The knives were specially crafted by me, so there were lots of buffs such as +1000 resistance to all elements, +1000 speed, +1000 strength, +1000 mastery in all elements.... and yeah!

I looked into the mirror and... my poor eyes! All this pink is definitely going to make me go blind! Urghh.. I don't feel so good.. I swear, I'm already on the verge of barfing!

What ice princess? What princess of Frostillia? What spoiled princess? Might as well just call me princess of pink!

Without bothering to take another look at my disastrous appearance, I walked out the door and called a carriage to take me into town.

Honestly, the Academy isn't that far from the capital as it only takes 15 minutes by carriage. So, when I was enjoying those 15 minutes, I took a look outside and saw that the forest and scenery surrounding this school was beautifully breathtaking. All the plants give off a healthy green vibe and the flowers are sparkling under the sun. It would've been even nice if I could see some animals, but alas, they tend to avoid humans.

"Miss, we've arrived in the capital!"

"Already? That was really fast! Thanks for the ride, here's the fee!"

The driver sat me, wide-eyed for a few seconds before muttering "Wow, there sure are many different types of unique people out there, huh?" and taking off.

Unique? Me? Whaaaattttt? I mean, I'm dressed in a really.. unique way.. so that's probably what he meant, right? Right..?

Oh well, since it's only 8:30, I'll be going to the guild hall to wait for a while.

"Come one, come all! Delicious freshly backed bread for 2 copper coins!"

"Why don't you guys try our newly picked fruits from the orchids? They're really juicy!"

"Selling candy art half price, don't miss this exclusive deal!"

Woah, the streets are as busy as always, it really reminds me of those 3 years I got stuck here. It sure looks nice...

*Grumble*

Ehh..? I'm really hungry... Guess I'll go get just a bit of food first..

I walked to a stand that was selling freshly baked buns with a bit of cream filling inside. They looked so puffy and delicious.... I can't help but swallow my saliva..

"Auntie.. How much is a cream bun?"

The kind looking auntie looked up and was quite surprised when she saw me. I mean, who wouldn't be surprised if a noble that was literally in all pink came to your stand to buy food?

But her next words made me freeze on the spot.

"Dina-chan?"

Ooooohhhhhh sh*t.. Not that I think about it.. she looks strangely similar to the auntie that always gave me buns whenever I was about to starve to death..

It's probably just a coincidence.. right?

"That reaction... it really is Dina-chan! How've you been? Look at you, all grown up! I'm so happy you're back, dear!"

"Auntie.. Wang?"

"Aww, C'mon. Don't tell me you don't remember your dear auntie already! It's only been a few years."

"It's been so long! I'm so glad to see you again too Auntie!"

"Of course, of course? You wanted buns? It's on the house, we're like family so there's no need to pay."

"No way, I know how hard Auntie works everyday just to make this money? If I remember correctly it was 2 copper coins for each, right? I want 20!"

"You brat! I'm telling you, it's fine... haiz, still as stubborn as ever, huh? Alright! Since you insist, here are 20 of the best quality cream buns you can find around here!"

As I paid the 40 copper coins to auntie, she examined at me from head to toe and nodded.

I just remembered that I was dressed in all pink looking like some clown and awkwardly laughed "I.. look really bad, right?"

"Darling, you look good in whatever you wear. I'm just happy that you're not as skinny as you were back then anymore. Back in those old days, you looked so fragile that a light breeze could probably blow you away."

"Hehe, auntie is the best!"

"Alright you little girl, you're probably here to meet up with someone, right? On you go! I'll pass on the good news that you're back!"

"No need! They'll probably recognize me if they see me!"

"No way, I'm still doing it!"

"Arrrghh, fine! *pouts*"

"Be on your way now, lass. Don't get hurt!"

"I won't, bye!"

That was really refreshing! As I thought, talking to someone while being true to myself feels a hundred times better!

I quickly gobbled down the 20 cream breads, but I was still a bit hungry..

It wouldn't hurt to get a bit more... right?

I looked to my left and I seem to have arrived at the candy art stall owned by a nice uncle that used to make me candy bunnies.

"Uncle! How much for a candy?"

"Hmm?" Without looking up, he replied, "5 copper coins"

"Alright! Here you go! I want a candy bunny!"

He flinched a little and sighed, as if reminiscing about the past. Then, he looked and gave the same reaction as Auntie Wang.

"Hmm? Little lass?"

Come on! I'm coated in at least 1000 layers of makeup and I'm wearing the most bizarre outfit ever. On top of that, I've grown up and look different from how I used to, so how do these people all tell who I am? "Uncle Tong!"

"Wow! It really is you little lassie! Look how big you've grown and urgghh... what in the world are you wearing? Is there some kind of event going on?"

"Nope, I just came up with a rather... unique idea!"

"Any idea from you must be so abnormal to the point it makes others want to spit out blood"

"Awwww, c'mon! It's called being one of a kind!"

"One of a kind my ass. Go and get a mirror"

'I did, and I almost puked' I silently replied in my heart

"Don't sweat the small details! I wanna bunny, is uncle able to make me one?"

"Who do you think I am? This uncle here is the best candy artist in the capital! Of course I can make one, or who else has been making you those candy bunnies in the past?"

"Hehe, uncle is the best!"

"Oh, right. What ARE you doing in the capital, lass? It can't just be for the sake of visiting us oldies, right?"

"Uncle is a sharp as always. I'm currently studying at Nokoyami Academy!"

"Damn, lass! You're a smart kid and I'll give it to ya. So you'd better study hard, okay?"

"Mhm!"

It only took Uncle Tong around 5 minutes to complete an adorable rabbit. Even though it was made with candy, it looked so realistic that I thought it was a real bunny for a second!

"Uncle's skills are as great as always!"

"Alright, cut the useless flattering, lass. You should probably be on your way, right?

"Ah, right! Byebye uncle!"

"See you around again sometime, little lassie."

As I walked around, I consumed 5 apples, 3 pears, 6 bananas, 15 raspberry pastries, 10 bowls of udon noodles, 9 burritos and.. I'm not going to state the rest because it goes on and on and on. I only stopped eating because I realized I might've forgotten about something...

Wait.. what time is it? I looked at my light wristband and on there, it displayed a few numbers in bright yellow.

8:58 AM

...

AAAAAAHHHHH! I'M GOING TO BE LATE! RUN, RUN, RUN! RUN AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT, NO FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

8:59

I SEE THE BUILDING OF THE ADVENTURER'S GUILD!

8:59:30

I'M ALMOST AT THE DOORS

8:59:47

I'M AT THE DOORS

8:59:59

*Creaaakkkk*

I.. finally *huff* got inside.. *puff* the guild.. hall!

I looked around and saw so many familiar faces and unknowingly, a warmth filled up my heart.

"Sister in law, you're here right on time."

I turned around and saw Liam in a corner, so I "gracefully" walked towards him as if the earlier epilogue never occurred.

"Oh, so she's your partner? Feels bad man... I can definetely relate.."

Hmm? I looked towards the source of the sound and I saw.. Myers?!

I looked around once again and there they were. All the capture targets + Lyra, Nicolas and the heroine, right there.

Even Ace was standing there and smiling at me..

That smile sent shivers down my spine... Creepy..

Liam seems to have noticed my line of sight and said "Oh, I invited them out as well because we all have either the same project or some people just want to tag along out of boredom."

He emphasized the "some people" while looking at Ace and Spade.

Every student of class 1S has to do this project, so everyone else tagged along for the sake of research.

"Tsk, why is she here?" grumbled Spade

"Come on, one day won't kill you Spade. Plus, I didn't force you to come along, you wanted to do so yourself."

"That's because I didn't know my disappointment of a little sister would be here"

"You think I want to be here?", I retorted

"Based on the way you're dressed, yeah"

"..." I really have nothing to say to that, but please, I don't have such unique tastes. So onii-chan,  I'm begging you not to buy me 1000 pink laced dresses for my next birthday. I'll be really depressed if you do. I might even start questioning life...

I looked towards Ace and quickly made my eyes look love-struck, while saying my next line with my trademark cold-as-ice face, "So my Ace darling is here as well~ This is definitely going to be the best day ever!" What the heck am I even saying....

Ace also put on that fake-ass smile of his and said "Of course, I'll accompany my dear fiance wherever she'd like~"

... Please stop.. I'm really going to barf.. It's already hard enough having to dress up like this and act as if I'm some maiden in love.. just.. urrgghh.

"Come on guys, are we going or not? I've planned out the next two days for us, so listen up!
Today we are going to go register our adventurer cards and take on an B class quest. I believe everyone has the capabilities to do so, right?"

"Yes!"

"Alright, after that, we're going to absorb all the knowledge and insight we gained from this to broaden our mindsets and hopefully gain a bit of inspiration for the new project. No questions? Okay. Let's go to the receptionist!"

We walked towards the front desk of the guild and I felt many stares directed at our group, or more precisely, at me.

There are 2 possible reasons for that. 
Number one being that they recognized me and I was identified as Dina or..
Number two, they're trying to rob me because I stand out like a sore thumb due to wearing all these sparkly pink attires.

Whatever, if it's either one, I'll stop them before anyone realizes it. I will not tolerate having 11 years of hard work go to waste. Meanwhile, I'll check my stats just in case anything was added or out of place.

'[Status]'

Nadina Loctine (Aki)
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Race: Half Fairy, Half-??? (
Hidden Requirement Not Met, Information Locked)
Magic: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Light, Darkness, Space, Healing, Poison, Time, Creation, ??? (Hidden Requirement Not Met, Information Locked)
Level: Error
HP: Infinity
MP: Infinity
Titles: Realmkeeper, Blessed by the Goddess, Reincarnated One, Couch Potato, Good Actor, Crossdresser, Singer, Proficient Worker, Remarkable Waitress, Attracting Others Like Bees, Flower of the Street, CEO, Loser Without a Phone
Skills: Appraisal, Camouflage, Navigation, Perfect Expression Package, Perfect Makeup Artist, Perfect Maid, Proficient Business Woman, Perseverance, Telepathy, ??? (Hidden Requirement Not Met, Skills Locked)

Oho? Like I expected, the Realmkeeper title was added. I also seemed to have gained the skill named.. telepathy? 

Woaaahh! Doesn't that mean I can communicate with others using my mind? That's so cool!

Wait a sec, now that I look it over again.. my level is.. error?

Wtf?

Doesn't that basically mean I'm so strong that even the leveling system doesn't know what to do about it?!

"Naddy! Snap out of it! We've reached the front desk already!" Lyra whispered while pinching my leg a little

I let out a quiet yelp of pain and looked up only to come face-to-face with the person who had been taking immense care of me for those 3 disastrous years, Briana. 

It seems like she hasn't seen me yet, because all her attention was directed at the person in front, Liam.

"Hello! Welcome to the adventurer's guild! What would you like to do today?"

"We would like to register an adventurer's card for 9 people, please."

"No need, I already have one" Nicolas, Spade, Lyra and Ace said at the same time.

"... Alright then, we would like to register 5 instead."

"No problem! Line up one by one and give me your names please! Afterwards, we'll be testing your capabilities to determine what level you're going to be put in, okay?"

"Okay, I guess that I'm up first! My name is Liam Fairmond"

Briana seemed slightly surprised that the second prince of Pafizika came to register in the adventurer's guild, but she quickly returned to her typical warm and smiling expression.

Liam was also pretty surprised that the receptionist didn't make a big deal out of his status and he flashed her a grateful smile.

"Alright, next please."

"Reito Hashigawa"

"Next"

"Myers Sylpheria"

"Next"

"M-Melodie Furanchika?"

"... Why are you questioning your own name... Next"

"Nadina Loctine"

"Alright, is that all----" Briana suddenly paused in the middle of her speech and look up from the paper she was recording on. She looked right into my eyes and I could see that they held a somewhat astonished expression.

Thankfully, unlike a certain annoying uncle named Darius *coughs*, Briana sort of understood the situation from the way I was dressed and didn't reveal the relationship between us as she put up a professional smile and led us to the testing room.

In the Pafizika Adventurer's Guild branch, other than Lyra, Briana and their guild master, Evan, also knew of my real identity. Even Lyra only learned of this recently, so naturally my other best friend, Nicolas, didn't know.

Looking at the familiar room with a huge stone in the middle, I was reminded of the time I did the test and the results almost made Mariana faint. I inwardly chuckled a little while thinking back on those precious memories.

"Alright! First one to come up, Liam Fairmond. All you have to do is gently place your hand on the stone and remove it after 5 seconds."

"Alright, let's do this! I haven't tested my level for quite some time, so I'm curious to see how much I've improved" (Author: All the royal families and some wealthier nobles have a testing stone located in their homes, so they allow to have family members come test it once in a while)

Liam carefully placed his hand onto the stone and counted to 5 aloud. After he stopped counting, his hand was removed and the stone started to glow a bit before producing the results.

45

So Low!

"So High!" Reito exclaimed

...

What? THAT'S considered high? Ahem, this missy was level 100 when I was 3, okay?!

Wait, shoot, I forgot that the average level for adult males around here is 30...

It's so hard to judge others using a normal mindset when your level was set so high as soon as you woke up in an unfamiliar world!

I feel kind of bad now... I really am a huge cheat, aren't I?

At least I have 104 people who are stronger than me based on the plane rankings.. wait no.. there are probably more than that because I just took on this stupid job...

I'm probably the weakest Realmkeeper or something right now because I just ascended...

Eh, oh well. I'm not setting some super cliche goal like aiming to become the strongest, or dominating the whole universe. Becoming the strongest doesn't give you food. I'd rather just freeload with my food.

If the others heard Nadina's inner dialogue, they'd directly prostate themselves onto the floor and yell "Mighty god, please stop torturing our poor souls by comparing your deity-like self with us lowly mortals!"

"Alright, Liam is officially a B rank. Reito Hashigawa, you're up!"

Reito repeated the same actions as Liam and ended up getting a result of 31, which is higher than most of the people our age. Oh, by the way, "Adult" refers to those who are 18 and older.

Anyhow, Reito is more of that tactician and studious type, so I'm sure his IQ is way higher than all of us here.

Intellect is equally as important as strength because a weak person who's very proficient at planning can potentially beat another individual that's a few levels above them. It can prove to be a lifesaving skill on the battlefield.

"Reito, C rank. Next up, Myers Sylpheria"

47

"Myers, B rank. Next up, Melodie Furanchika"

40

.-----. As expected of the heroine, she has such a high level for girls her age. 

Apparently in this world, gender inequality is still a thing so the average level for adult females is as low as 17!

While everyone was gasping in amazement at the "genius" named Melodie, Briana calmly said "Melodie, C rank. Finally, Nadina Loctine"

Alright, it's finally my turn! Remember to hold back. Control and calm down! You've got one shot at this, so don't mess it up Nadina!

I carefully placed my hand on the stone and prepared to cast [Camouflage] to alter the level down to 20, so that I'm regarded at above average, but not a rare genius.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

I look my hand off and all of a sudden I heard a crack.

???

The whole entire stone started to shake and before I could even cast my spell, the stone collapsed. A testing stone worth at least a few hundred diamonds collapsed just like that.

Ohhhhh f*ck

I forgot that after I became a Realmkeeper, my level became an error, so the stone couldn't take the pressure and directly shattered. Even if I'm (supposedly) the weakest Realmkeeper, in the end, I'm still a keeper! 

Everyone watched the scene with wide eyes and their jaws dropped all the way to the ground. This scene made quite a comical appearance, but I couldn't laugh. Not when my 11 years of hard work got ruined.. just like that!

Even the usually calm and collected crown prince's fake ass smile froze and he looked extremely dumbstruck.

I awkwardly managed to turn the other way and made it look as if it was none of my business while quietly squeaking out, "I wonder why that stone broke... maybe it's expired?"

'Expired your mom! Don't think we didn't see that! With your degree of shamelessness, why don't you just ascend straight to the heavens instead?!' Everyone thought at the same time.

Oh boy, I'm definitely in a ton of trouble this time... Nevermind, let's just find a way to patch up this huge misunderstanding...

38