Prologue: The End of Hell?
147 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a world where strong rule the weak. The weak loses and the strong takes all, truly  the survival of the fittest. I have never hated those who betrayed me or those who commit crimes, because if they have the power to do so, why shouldn’t they?

If my enemies defeat me, why should I blame them? Wouldn’t I do the same? The only thing I should blame would be my incompetence, my weaknesses.

I have always only pointed my hatred and fury at myself, thinking why will I die? Why will I perish? I want to live, to strive, to do whatever I want, but that needs power, omnipotent power, power that will never be rivalled. No weaknesses or faults, in other words…

A Perfect Being.

However, life was not fair. Life does not give everyone a fair start in life. For example, when I was born. My mother died the very next day, as she had a weak body. I don’t even know how she looked like, or her name. But my father blamed me for it. He said if I wasn’t born she would still be here. He fell to drugs and alcohol, he gave me crumbs as food every day. He used me as a punching bag to relieve his stress and anger. He was furious at how unfair his life was, at why he was left without her.

At some point, he forgot her. Using the last of the savings on prostitutes and drug abuse. I was chained at home for months, for years, barely alive. It wasn’t a life, it was a nightmare. At some point I developed a disease. A very bad one at that. I was suffering every day, in this hell. Praying that one day I can be embraced by the sweet relief of death. So I can leave this world, as I already have no hope in it.

That was until one day, I woke up to find myself unchained and my father lying in the living room dead cold. He must have died in his sleep, but I didn’t care about that. What I cared about was that he is gone, that I’m free from this life. I went into the empty kitchen and found a knife... And with that, my life ended.

(A/N note: The chapters will get much longer so this isn't actual chapter length.)

It would be appreciated if the reader could point out any grammatical or spelling mistakes or other errors and inconsistencies.

Feel free to message me if you do not understand a word or part of the plot, as I am open to questions (no spoilers).

1