Chapter 3: Dungeon?
164 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Or at least that was the plan… Until my whole body froze….in the middle of the hallway…. Froze because of…

Pain.

Pain so severe and horrid, I collapsed on the ground convulsing out of control

-Place: Unknown, Time: Unknown-

“Is this it?” A lone man covered in a complete shining armour in the middle of a battlefield seemingly talking to himself in a static voice.

“Is that all you are capable of?” The man then starts laughing hysterically as if he came across a funny joke.

“Hahaha, you fragile beings……you dare go against me?......you dared to betray me?......your saviour, your lord? Well, well, well..”

“Look who has the final laugh in the end......”

After standing there for what seemed like hours, the man fall to both knees looking at the blood red sun in the sky.

“Now then……Lets Continue this path of pure destruction, now shall we?” The man asks, only getting silence for a response followed by everything turning white and a huge bang-

-Place: Cottage of Beginning, Time: 19;24-

I immediately open my eyes, only to find my vision sideways on the cold wooden floor, the only noise being my erratic breathing and the creaking of the wooden door of the cottage.

“..Huh?”

The pain is gone……as if it were a dream.

Why would I suddenly feel pain as soon as I come in contact with a sword? It may be best to leave it as is.

I immediately think towards my stats trying to get a grasp on what is happening.

[Status]

Name: Osborne

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Bloodline

Chaos Eater

Title

-Origin of Chaos

-Will of Purgatory

-The Unlimited

-Awakened

Level

1 (0.00% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 10

-Agility: 12

-Intelligence: 17

-Stamina: 12/12 (regen: 0.0005/s)

-Magic Power: 174/174 (regen: 0.25/s)

-Charm: 18

Attribute Points: 0 (The Unlimited)

Absolutism (A/N note: Absolutism here refers to ruthlessness, apathetic, emotionless and absolute)

0.00% (Modifier: 0.0)

Magical power has increased by more than 4 times?! and absolutism……modifier? What Is this….Again too little information….

Pushing the numerous questions to the back of mind, I come back to reality only to find it night time…

“Fantastic! And here I wanted to explore during daytime when my vision is clearer…and I’m more aware of the surroundings”

However, even after all that pain. I don’t feel any fatigue at all…Too weird…

Hmmm….however I should at least look for a water source, the longer I wait the thirstier I would get so the worst thing to do in this situation is postpone.

After fixing my equipment, I immediately leave the cottage closing the door behind me.

“So silent” The wind carries my mutter as I hear nothing, nothing but silence.

But my vision doesn’t show that I’m at night at all. I see everything as if it is day, did something happen to my body when I fainted in pain?

-15 minutes Later-

I decided to explore the forest hoping for a lake nearby, any signs of life as well as the topography of the region that the cottage is located in.

After walking a distance I would estimate to be 300 metres long, I came across a rabbit hole? To make it simple, it was a hole in the ground going downwards, not exactly vertically but tilted enough so I can walk.

I slowly start realising the importance of this night vision ability that has come into my possession, I need to note that I should hunt at night as most animals ability to see decreases or they sleep which can be beneficial with my night vision.

Leaving that aside, I make my way downwards until the tilted pathway downwards stops and a new horizontal pathway (parallel to the forest floor) is ahead.

Another 100 metres, I come across a fork in the road. Uneasy about which path to take or to simply go back the way I came, I stand still contemplating my next decision, or so I was until….

“Grrraahh!!” A sound comes from the left pathway, and when I turned to look. What I found was a green humanoid being with the height of a toddler with an ugly smile (or at least that’s what I assumed it was) wielding a primitive knife(1) clearly charging towards me.

Without any chance to think, I immediately start running towards the right pathway as fast as I could. Without even looking back.

This continued for 17 more minutes, at which I out of breath met a dead end in the path way.

A dead end.

“No….” My mind went blank… Am I going to die here? On my first day? Before I could even TRY???!!!

Wait….don’t panic…don’t panic…

After steadying my breathing, I turn around to look at the monster that appears to have stopped and was looking at me.

We both stood looking at each other, while I was observing the surroundings of this tunnel, looking for anything that could assist me in this situation.

Deciding on my course of action, I immediately dash towards a nearby rock that has a sharp edge, looking to use it as a weapon. While the monster starts charging towards me clearly with killing intent.

Given that I was lacking breath and concentration due to the chase, I tripped on a pebble landing about two feet away from the rock, the monster jumps on me and starts cutting my left arm.

“Fuck!!” I yelled as I grabbed the rock that I had to struggle to reach and starts bashing it into the monsters skull with the last of my strength. Looking at the monster that is just centimetres from my face, I do not hesitate to harm it for my survival.

[Appraisal has been used]

[Status of target]

[Status]

Name: Unknown

Age: 13

Gender: Male

Bloodline

Goblin

Title

(none)

Level

5 (62.8% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 16

-Agility: 14

-Intelligence: 8

-Stamina: 4/23 (regen: 0.0345/s)

-Magic Power: 6/6 (regen: 0.25/s)

-Charm: 2

“hah…hah…hah” I start breathing rapidly as my body gives out causing me to collapse in a sitting position supported by the wall.

Fuck… My left arm….is…

Gone.

It has been ripped off in the struggle, I even seemed to have forgotten the pain….There is only one thing in my mind….

Death.

The situation is very dire, I may be infected by a disease due to the wound, provided I don’t die due to blood loss.

Huh?

[Levelled up]

[Levelled up]

[Levelled up]

Blue screens keep popping everywhere in my vision, as my consciousness starts to fade…

(A/N note: This is the average chapter length)

2