Chapter 4: Inhumane
124 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blue screens keep popping everywhere in my vision, as my consciousness starts to fade…

No!

I can’t faint now, not with where I am currently, I stare at my arm that is 4 feet away from me. How will I survive with one arm? How will I live to see tomorrow with my current state?

Depressing questions and thoughts fill my head as I stare at my arm, wanting it to come back, needing it to come back…

I will have it back.

A voice resounds within my consciousness as I stare at my arm, ordering it to come back to me.

[Atomic Manipulation has been acquired]

Another blue screen pops up, as I tell the atoms, MY atoms to come back, to structure themselves the way they were before.

And I widen my eyes, as my arm slowly disintegrates to nothing in air, before reforming itself in the stump of the fallen arm.

All in a matter of seconds…. Is my first thought, before I look back to my stats as this is no time to be admiring my own powers.

[Status]

Name: Osborne

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Bloodline

Chaos Eater (effects unknown)

Title

-Origin of Chaos (effects unknown)

-Will of Purgatory (effects unknown)

-The Unlimited (allows attribute points)

-Awakened (boosts stats per level depending on many varaibles)

Level

4 (37.60% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 19

-Agility: 27

-Intelligence: 23

-Stamina: 1/43 (regen: 0.0005/s)

-Magic Power: 13/208 (regen: 0.25/s)

-Charm: 40

Attribute Points: 50 (The Unlimited)

Absolutism

0.00% (Modifier: 0.0)

The titles now show effects… I need to distribute the attribute points, atomic manipulation’s cost for restoring an arm is 174 – 13 = 161 , a small price to pay for a limb since magic power regens on its own…How does this absolutism work and how will intelligence affect me?

There is however, a concern on my mind that I can’t ignore, and that is….

Hunger.

There is no way I will make it back to the cottage alive in this state, I need to eat, to keep myself operating even if it is on the boundary between life and death.

There is only one thing I can eat now, and that would be the dead body of the goblin.

There is no reason to hesitate, as devouring the corpse will aid my survival, will assist me in reaching the future, because in my eyes being able to breathe another day is a privilege, because being able to know you are going to wake up tomorrow is considered a blessing.

That’s why I’ll eat it, I’ll devour it, consume it.

After crawling towards the corpse, I rip out a piece of flesh and stuff it into my mouth without hesitation, the only thought in my mind..

Disgusting.

So incredibly disgusting, It tastes like rotten flesh mixed with blood, I’m resisting the urge to throw everything up (A/N note: Vomiting) with sheer willpower.

Finishing the piece, I reach out for another, wanting to finish this horrible nightmare as soon and quick as possible, as the faster you eat the food the less time you can properly taste it.

I swear, to reach my goal, I will eat thousands or millions of goblins if that’s what it takes, to continue, to thrive, to prosper. I WILL KILL EVERY ONE OF THOSE UGLY GREEN HUMANOIDS, NO MATTER THE COST!!!

[Warning! Your Absolutism is rising!]

I will use every asset at my disposal, no matter how sick and inhumane it may be for the sake of the future, of my future.

[Warning! Your Absolutism is rising!]

Ignoring the blue screens, I continue to devour every last bit of the goblin.

-2 hours later-

After suffering through that meal, I turn my attention to my stats. (A/N note: It has been redistributed by attribute points, and everything)

[Status]

Name: Osborne

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Bloodline

Chaos Eater (effects unknown)

Title

-Origin of Chaos (effects unknown)

-Will of Purgatory (effects unknown)

-The Unlimited (allows attribute points)

-Awakened (boosts stats per level depending on many varaibles)

Level

4 (37.60% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 30

-Agility: 40

-Intelligence: 33

-Stamina: 53/53 (regen: 0.0005/s)

-Magic Power: 215/215 (regen: 0.25/s)

-Charm: 40

Attribute Points: 0 (The Unlimited)

Absolutism

2.13% (Modifier: 0.0213) (A/N note: the modifier refers to exactly what degree of effect absolutism has on the user, this will be very important later on)

(A/N note: Osborne is starting to lose any sense of moral or ethics he has left to absolutism, this will cause our protagonist to lose any sense of empathy or sympathy, as he may even kill millions and millions of innocent beings if he believes it can aid him to reach his goal, in his eyes, any being he encounters is a tool for him, a stepping stone that should willingly suffer through the worst of hell for his sake, because if they don’t…..) <--This is later in the story

2