Q&A – The Universe (Optional to reader)
125 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N note: I have made this Q&A solely to increase the readers understanding of the novel, not to spoil the plot)

(A/N note: If you have any questions (that wouldn’t be spoilers) about the universe this novel is in that isn’t stated, then write them in the comment section, and I will respond to the best of my ability)

What is Purgatory? In this novel, purgatory is the medium that is outside the universe, however, in history it is documented as forbidden territory, a place that inhabitants of the universe (including gods) can’t exist in as they would be denied their existence completely, the only possible way is if you are a completely independent being, a being that does not require the universe to exist, to sustain itself, in other words becoming completely absolute (100% Absolutism), theoretically it is possible to reach this level, but practically said to be impossible due to its sheer difficulty.

What is the motive for normal inhabitants of this world to level up? In the previous chapters, it is stated that because Osborne has the title Awakened he can gain stats from levelling up, while the title The Unlimited gives him attribute points which unlike Awakened, can be distributed by user’s will. What about normal inhabitants that don’t have the titles? They would also want to level up due to potential. Normal inhabitants train their bodies to increase their stats without help from any titles or other effects. However, a level 1 person can only reach a certain threshold of stats, after which he does not gain any more stats from any training until he levels up, so a level 2 person can reach a higher level of stats, but doesn’t necessarily mean they have greater stats than a level 1 person, just they have a higher potential/limit/capacity to which their stats can grow.

Is there going to be a harem? No. No. No.

Why do you want to make such a dark isekai novel? Well, because I’m fed up. The isekai genre most includes novels where the protagonist (mostly Japanese) is transported to another world, only to get a harem, insanely overpowered cheats without any difficulty or effort. And are in most cases, beta males surrounded by their edgy harem. I want to add a novel to the genre where it is a bit more realistic, Osborne has a sense of desperation. As any normal human on Earth would be extremely cautious and careful when transported to an unknown place filled with monsters, not have a carefree happy-go-lucky attitude that most isekai protagonists tend to have. Why it is dark novel? Well, this is my attempt to mix isekai/fantasy with the cold harsh reality that we live in.

Is Osborne going to become overpowered? Spoiler.

What magic will Osborne be able to use? That would be a spoiler, I’m afraid we would just have to wait and see.

What is the Potential that is spoken about in the question above? Potential is the unit to measure how far a person's stats could grow, it is affected by many things such as race, gender, environment and most importantly the person's level.

Why did I use the "Potential" when creating the system? In order to ensure that, for example a level 1 human can't reach the stats of a god no matter how hard they train, another example is that to make sure a level 1 baby dragon is always stronger than a level 1 baby human. I'm trying to remove any loopholes or inconsistencies in the system that converts someone's strength into numbers.

(A/N note: If you have any questions (that wouldn’t be spoilers) about the universe this novel is in that isn’t stated, then write them in the comment section, and I will respond to the best of my ability)

2