Chapter 5: Fight for survival
104 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haaah” A sigh escapes my lips as I once again turn my attention to my surrounding after confirming the distribution of attribute points.

Despite being completely underground, I see here as well as I see objects under sunlight, this night vision ability saved my life and I couldn’t be more thankful. (A/N note: shout out to night vision ability)

Now with my body and stamina recovered, I slowly get up, pushing all the mental fatigue to the back of my mind.

Picking up the primitive knife the goblin wielded, I walk back the passage, as I’m not going to bet the deceased goblin was the only one that lived in this damn dungeon.

Increasing my stride while conserving my stamina, I approach the fork in the road (where the passage divided into two paths), slowing down while maintaining a stance, and just when I was about to head to the original pathway (that leads out of the dungeon), I hear footsteps closing in from the original pathway.

Shit!

I leap back while making the least noise possible into the path I came from (the left path), trying to stay in the dark.

“Grrrr” Definitely a goblin, albeit a bit shorter than the deceased one, I observe it from a distance.

Even though I am sure it is completely dark here, the sense of smell of this shitty goblin probably detected the goblin blood on my body due to the struggle and….meal.

As the goblin seems to have been alerted, I dash out as adrenaline flows in my body allowing me to move as quick as I can.

A contest of speed.

Whether my speed is faster, or the goblin’s reaction speed. It seems my speed barely wins, as I land the first strike on the goblin’s shoulder, while the goblin aims and claws into my abdomen with the other arm (that wasn’t hit by the knife).

Not planning to let go of the goblin’s confusion, I raise my left leg and kick the goblin’s torso with all my might, pushing it against the wall of tunnel.

Before the goblin could breathe, I close in on it and repeatedly stab its heart area while pinning it to the wall, staring into it’s dark, dark green eyes that widened due to the pain, I smile.

A blue screen pops up as I keep stabbing it, while it convulses in pain.

[Appraisal has been used]

[Status of target]

[Status]

Name: Unknown

Age: 11

Gender: Female

Bloodline

Goblin

Title

(none)

Level

3 (78.9% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 12

-Agility: 15

-Intelligence: 7

-Stamina: 2/21 (regen: 0.0335/s)

-Magic Power: 8/8 (regen: 0.27/s)

-Charm: 3

A female goblin? In here? She must have been the mate of the previously deceased one, I reach this conclusion as I stare at the goblin on the ground in her own pool of dark greenish blood.

[Levelled up]

[Warning! Your Absolutism is rising!]

“Hahaha….You’ll be joining your lover in my stomach soon enough” I laugh as I drag the goblin out of the dungeon while maintaining full vigilance.

-Place: Cottage of Beginning Time: 2:07-

Making my way through the damp and dark forest back to the cottage, I throw the corpse into another unused room of the cottage, take of my bloody shirt and trousers, I concentrate on the 3 bloody scars on my abdomen (when the goblin clawed him).

After healing, albeit a bit unethically (A/N note: manipulating own atoms instead of some divine holy healing spell) I collapse onto my bed, trying to get rid of all fatigue, stress and anger that has been pent up, as I’m sure I’ll need to be at my best tomorrow, and with a thirsty and dry mouth that has only drunk goblin blood, I fall into slumber.

Current Status as Osborne falls asleep

[Status]

Name: Osborne

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Bloodline

Chaos Eater (effects unknown)

Title

-Origin of Chaos (effects unknown)

-Will of Purgatory (effects unknown)

-The Unlimited (allows attribute points)

-Awakened (boosts stats per level depending on many varaibles)

Level

5 (62.50% progress)

Attributes

-Strength: 42

-Agility: 48

-Intelligence: 39

-Stamina: 33/54 (regen: 0.0012/s)

-Magic Power: 192/215 (regen: 0.37/s)

-Charm: 44

Attribute Points: 0 (The Unlimited)

Absolutism

3.72% (Modifier: 0.372)

(A/N note: Due to the goblin's high birth rate and low life span, a mature adult goblin is 8 years old and above)

(A/N note: Please vote in the poll your opinion on the fight scene, thank you)

Did you enjoy the fight scene in this chapter?
  • Excellent Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Acceptable Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Satisfactory Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Boring Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poorly written Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10
3