Chapter 26 – Send Me a Song
441 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan stood there for a few minutes looking in the mirror, recovering from his tiredness.

He locked himself in and walked over to the mirror, looking at the chain around his neck.

Ethan flipped on the light and noticed that it was completely dark, as if someone had dropped it into a can of black paint.

Touching her, she looked normal. The texture hadn't changed and it was the same temperature. It just changed color.

The first thought in Ethan's mind was that she had rusted from his sweat, but it had happened so quickly and she didn't look dirty. It wasn't a rust color smeared on some corners of the chain. She had completely changed color.

Ethan decided to go to the bathroom to try and clean the chain. He took it off his neck and put it under the faucet, rubbing it with his hands and a little soap, but nothing happened. It just continued with that strong color, as if it had been made that way.

- Did my energy make her like this? - Ethan thought.

He kept looking at the chains for a bit and then put it back around his neck. Even though it had changed color, it was comical how bright it still looked on Ethan. It seemed to highlight every feature of him, especially his eyes, which sparkled even more.

Ethan looked down and saw that his knees were bruised, so he decided to take a shower soon, since he was all sweaty anyway.

He got into the bath and cleaned the wounds on his knee. They weren't bleeding nonstop, it had just bruised a little and a little blood had come out, which made it sting a little when he soaped it on.

He finished his shower and went to his room to change. Ethan dressed in the sweatshirt he'd been wearing to bed the last few days and put on some warm socks.

His room was a mess because of the clothes thrown to cover the door light and the broken glass, so he collected the clothes, arranged the blanket on the bed again and cleaned the broken glass, throwing the pieces in the trash.

Ethan went downstairs and found the mess he had left in the living room as well. So he decided to collect all the rubbish in the room and organize the pillows, so his mom wouldn't have to do it later.

As he tossed the empty snack packets into the trash, Ethan saw his cell phone vibrate on top of the couch.

"Hey! Yes, I'm fine.". It was Jessica.

She seemed to be irritated with Ethan, who already knew why.

"I am glad to hear that! Want to talk?". He sent it to her.

Ethan didn't quite know what to do in that situation. They didn't have any relationship, but he also knew he was being irresponsible with Jessica's and Alice's feelings, since he was seeing both of them at the same time.

His plan was just to let time decide, but it was too selfish a plan. Besides, prom was coming up. He would have to decide between one of the two to take, and whichever one he chose would cause someone to get hurt. Maybe even two.

As he looked at his cell phone, waiting for a message from Jessica, he felt his stomach rumble with hunger. So, he decided to order him a pizza for dinner, maybe that would make him a little more excited.

He called the pizzeria from a random flyer that was on the table and ordered a pepperoni pizza and a soda.

He kept thinking about how he could settle about the two girls. Jessica was a sweet, sensitive girl who had been through a lot in her life, while Alice seemed much more confident but was still warm and gentle.

They both seemed perfect to Ethan, which made him feel even guiltier.

Some time later, Ethan hears the doorbell ring. He walks to the door, impressed with how quickly it was delivered.

When he opened it, he saw the delivery man standing there, holding the pizza in his arms, apparently shivering from the cold.

"Ethan?" he asked, looking at Ethan.

"That!" Ethan replied, taking the pizza from the man's arms.

Ethan handed over the cash with an extra cash tip and thanked the delivery guy.

He sat at the living room table and opened the pizza box. She smelled very nice and looked very nice. Ethan took a slice of the pizza, and when he put it in his mouth, it tasted much more heightened than usual. Maybe the pizza really tasted good, or maybe Ethan was just starving.

He devoured the pizza in no time. Of so much energy spent that night, Ethan was very hungry but decided to leave some pieces for his mother, since he didn't know if she had already eaten.

When he finished, he put the pieces in the fridge and went up to his room again, wanting to practice his skills a little more since he already had his energy recovered.

Ethan knew he couldn't bear to move the shadow in a bright environment again, so in order not to mess up the room again, he covered himself with the blanket and tried to concentrate a little to regain his energy.

After a few minutes, Ethan opened his eyes and found he could see much better in the dark. Everything was perfect. The colors were already visible to him, and the details of his arm were much more highlighted. The more he focused on the vision, the more he felt it improved, even if only slightly.

Ethan stood still for a few seconds and began to pay attention to the noises they were making on the street. He was hearing much better, it seemed that his hearing had also improved more. He could hear the creaking of the wood in his house and the footsteps of people across the street.

He hadn't thought of training his hearing at all, so it still wasn't as good as his eyesight. He started trying to listen to everything that was happening, until suddenly, a strange but familiar noise caught his attention.

*BZZZZ* *BZZZZ*

It was his cell phone ringing. Ethan remembered the message he had sent Jessica at the same time, which ended up causing him to lose focus from training.

He got up and ran down the stairs, heading towards the living room, to pick up the cell phone he had left on the couch.

Ethan takes out his cell phone and reads:

"No!". Jessica sent it to him dry.

"Okay… :( ". Ethan answered back, getting despondent.

He decided to throw himself on the couch, lying there looking at the ceiling. He had more important things to think about right now, but his mind kept pounding with guilt. To distract a little, he decided to put on the headphones and listen to some music.

While looking for a song, he received another message:

"You won't forget your homework, Mr. Coleman!" It was Alice.

Ethan smirked and answered the girl:

"I promise I will, Ms. Cullen xD !". He answered for her. "Tell me a song, quick!". Ethan sent.

"Hmm… 'Where Is My Mind - Pixies' :D!". Alice sent it back to Ethan.

Ethan put the music on his headphones and lay back as he stared at the living room ceiling.

- Fuck... What the fuck am I doing? - He thought, closing his eyes, while listening to the loud music ringing in his ears.


We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patreon!

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patreon! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patreon.com/toToru

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

15