Chapter 25: Demon General, Odeus
119 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of nowhere in the forest, Sol was facing a giant Platinum-Rank Cobra.

HISSS!!!

HISSS!!!

HISSS!!!

“Come bitch! Show me what you got!”

SSHSS!!!

SSHSS!!!

SSHSS!!!

‘It has been roughly 2 hours, and I haven’t got lucky with triggering the ‘Armor Penetration’ effect.’

“Yaaahhh! Take this punch you serpent!”

PUNCH!

PUNCH!

PUNCH!

Out of nowhere:

Ding!

[Bonus Effect: You have successfully triggered the Armor Penetration effect!]

[Your foe defense has been reduced by 100% for 10 seconds.]

“Woohoo! Finally got lucky! Alright, your time is up serpent! Time to die! Hahaha!”

PUNCH!

PUNCH!

PUNCH!

KICK!

KICK!

KICK!

10 seconds later…

HISSS!

The Wild Giant Cobra died as it collapsed lifelessly onto the ground.

THUMP!

[You have slain a Wild Giant Cobra!]

“Nice! That was pretty fast.”

‘Damn. I have to say this Diamond-Rank Gauntlet is truly remarkable. I’m really liking this Armor Penetration effect so far.’

“This is fun. I should practice with it one more time with other monsters.”

Not long later, he encountered a Giant Troll King.

ROARRRR!!!

KROARRR!!!

GROARRR!!!

“Heeyaa! Die!”

5 hours later…

[You have successfully triggered the Armor Penetration effect!]

[Your foe defense has been reduced by 100% for 10 seconds.]

“Finally! Okay, you’re dead meat now Mr. Troll King!”

Roughly 10 seconds later…

KROARRR!

The Troll King fell lifelessly onto the ground and died.

THUMP!

[You have slain a Giant Troll King!]

“Not bad. This is at least faster than exhausting to death.”

***

Two weeks later…

Ahead of him roughly 500 meters away, Sol saw the massive Azurion City’s front gate.

Azurion City was beautiful, almost like a fantasy city from fictional novels.

After walking for 500 meters, Sol arrived at the front of Azurion City’s gate.

During this time, Sol had his cloak hoodie on, so the demon guards couldn’t see his face clearly.

“Stop there! Who are you?!” A demon guard asked.

Obediently, Sol took off his hoodie and revealed his face to them.

“Human?!”

“That’s right. I’m a slave who got lost in the woods a few days ago when I was ordered to chop down trees.”

“Huh? You were chopping trees and got lost?”

“Yes, sir.”

The demon guards were doubtful as they looked at each other. At this point, they already knew Sol was lying.

“Nice try, boy!”

“Get him!!”

Without mercy, the demon guards started to surround Sol in a circle.

“Hahaha! You can’t run away now!”

TAUNT!

“Ehh?! What the hell?! My body is acting weird!”

“Kid! What did you do to us?!”

“Nothing. You guys don’t need to know since you all will be dying very soon.”

“W-What did you say?!”

Just like that, the war began.

Sol, a single man army vs the entire demon army in Azurion City.

‘I don’t know how long before Odeus and his Demon Knights will show up, but as long as I keep making a scene here, I believe they will reveal themselves eventually.’

“Kill him! Kill him now!”

“This guy… I can’t tell if he’s strong or weak, but he’s definitely not your average player for sure.”

“A tank player, huh? Wait, isn’t he that human kid that Lord Odeus wanted?”

“Maybe, I don’t even know what he looks like, so I have no idea.”

“I heard he has black hair and red eyes. Maybe it’s him after all.”

“Now that you mention it, he does look like the guy that Ingrid described to us.”

“Should we inform the higher ups?”

“There’s no need for that, we alone should be enough to take care of him.”

More and more demon soldiers began to show up to stop Sol.

‘Phew! If it wasn't for my Taunt skill, I think they would have long captured me by now. Thank god.’

“Just what kind of skill is he using?”

“Is it a mind-control type of skill? What’s going on?”

“No idea. But since he’s a tank class, I believe it’s most likely he’s using Taunt.”

“Taunt? I see, but if a player casts a skill, don’t they have to say it out loud to activate it?”

“True, but I’ve heard high-level players could cast their skill with just their thoughts alone.”

“Maybe… but this kid doesn’t even look like a high-level player. I mean his aura is very weak, it feels like he’s at most Silver-Rank or maybe Gold-Rank.”

Days passed and the death toll of demons has increased to at least 10,000 plus.

At first, the demon soldiers thought they could stop Sol, but now, they realized it’s getting worse and if they don’t do something about it, then the death toll will keep rising.

***

In the center of Azurion City, inside the massive luxurious royal palace…

“Interesting, I never thought he would come to us willingly.”

Odeus was quite surprised to hear the news.

“Alright, tell all the Demon Knights to come here now as we are going to have an important meeting.”

“Yes, my lord!”

Immediately, the demon soldiers left and went to inform the Demon Knights.

Not long later, the 11 Demon Knights arrived in the throne room. There used to be 12 Demon Knights, but ever since Hebelion was killed by Sol, now there’s only 11 Demon Knights remaining.

“The fact that this boy came willingly to us, it sounds like you guys didn’t do a good job. Also, what happened to Hebelion? Why is he not here yet?” Odeus asked.

Looking at Lord Odeus’s face, the Demon Knights gulped in fear as they knew Lord Odeus was in a bad mood. Although Lord Odeus pretended to be calm, it was obvious he wasn’t happy with them for not doing a good job.

“We have no idea. We have discussed among ourselves and agreed that Hebelion will be the one to capture and bring the kid to you.”

“Shut the fuck up! You bunch of lazy cunts!”

In rage, Odeus got up from his throne seat and attacked one of the Demon Knights.

After beating up the Demon Knight, Odeus went back to his throne seat and said, “I will give you guys one last chance, capture this boy and bring him to me now. Failure is not acceptable. I believe I don’t need to explain the consequences, right?”

“Yes, my lord!!”

Even though Odeus didn’t say what the consequences would be, they already knew if they failed to bring Sol to him, the punishment they would receive would be death.

“Very well, what are you guys waiting for? My patience is running out, bring that human boy to me now!” Odeus yelled furiously.

“Yes, my lord!”

Without any delay, the 11 Demon Knights left the throne room and began heading to where Sol is.

4