Chapter 2 – Holy Demonic Empress
6.2k 11 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As my castle will take some time to be built, I was given temporary quarters within the Kings Castle. 

I was being shown around by the Commander of the King's Guard, Alesia River, a tall strong looking woman with long brown hair

She was wearing a black armor which had straps around her back, the straps went from her front to a circular golden ring with many strange characters engraved on it on the center of her chest and then from that ring straps went around her neck forming a sort of a choker. 

She was wearing a black skirt with gold outlines with a cut in the middle that showed her long toned legs and allowed her more flexibility. She was wearing black heels with strange glowing engravings on it. 

"You are probably going through a lot, it must be weird to be pulled into another world of magic, though you seem quite good at using magic even though you have no experience with it," she said as she walked by my side with soldiers following behind her. 

That display in the throne room probably shook her too, she seems like she is starting to trust me though I still feel her skepticism. 

"It was just my instinct, I had no idea what I was doing" I said with a smile, " I will need your guidance and training Commander River " 

"If you have any questions feel free to ask." She said, looking a bit more relaxed. Is this the effect of Hero's Charm? 

"I want to know a bit about Everheart, and the surrounding world, and the situation with the demons." 

"Everheart is one of the biggest and oldest human kingdoms," said Alesia with pride, " There are around 5 Million people in Everheart, our economy mostly depends on producing and exporting food and magic crystals." 

"What are these magic crystals?" I asked. 

"They are crystals that are formed naturally that contain magic which can be used to recover your magic during a battle, not only that it has a lot of other uses, like in forging equipment, machines that use it as a power source, and to power the engravings on your equipment." 

"Are these strange characters on your shoes the engravings you talk about? What do they do ?" I asked curiously. 

"These are magical engravings that increase my speed by 10 %, you need to use magic crystals to charge these engravings. It may not seem like much but in actual battle, being 10% faster has a huge effect on the outcome" said she pointing to her black heels. 

"There are many engravings that do different things, like increasing your magic, health, magic resistance, attributes , even some that allow you to use magic that you don't know" she continued.

"Though we don't have a lot of craftsmen that are very skilled in engravings , so I am afraid I do not know much about them, there are more skilled craftsmen in the other Kingdoms which is why we import our equipment from them" she said.

" And what about the other Kingdoms, and the Demons ?" I asked.

" There are 6 other Human Kingdoms, the strongest human kingdom is Neverwinter, they are ruled by their Queen, a Legend Mage, Queen Olivia Neverwinter, along with 5 Master level mages. They also have the strongest army," she said with a somewhat distressed look. 

"You don't look like you like Neverwinter that much?" I asked. 

"They have been suppressing us for decades , trying to hinder our progress , looking down on us , during the wars with demons they ask the weaker kingdoms to go to the frontlines and if they refuse they start branding them as traitors to the human race and use that as an excuse to go to war and annex those nations. They act as the leaders of the human race and pretend to be fighting for a righteous cause but they are just ruled by a Selfish Queen who just cares about increasing her powers and someone who would do anything to make that happen" She said with anger. 

 Though she looked very serious and angry, her bouncing big tits in her very skimpy and revealing armor and her swaying hips due to her wearing high heels made it difficult for me to pay attention and take her seriously. 

" I apologize, I got a bit carried away, we have a very bad history with them," she said with an awkward smile. 

" You don't have to apologize, Commander, I can understand your pain being continually suppressed for so long," I said with an empathetic smile, " Though I expected the humans to be more united against the threat of the demonic race, can you tell me a bit more about the Demons ?" 

She sighed and continued " The Demons are ruled by the Holy Demonic Empress, at least that's what she calls herself though there is nothing "holy" about her. The Demons weren't always united like this, they were scattered just like the human kingdoms but just a decade ago there was a huge civil war among the demons and one female demon killed everyone in her path and declared herself the Holy Demonic Empress and united all the demons with fear and power. 

The Demon attacks before her were strong but they never worked together and only attacked and co-ordinated with their tribes with their agendas, and all of them had different goals. But after the Holy Demonic Empress came into power and united the Demonic Race, their attacks have become much stronger and all the different tribes have started coordinating with each other, and their Empress is also very smart, using tactics of the human race against us , and developing strategies that suit and enhance the powers of the Demonic Race. The human race is on the losing side of the war since her appearance, that is also the reason why the King thought it necessary to summon a hero to protect the Kingdom in these dark times. " 

Protect the Kingdom? not the world? , as I thought these people are quite selfish, they may not reveal it openly and say they want me to save the world and bring peace but in their hearts they just want me to protect them against the demons and the other kingdoms, using me as a shield. 

 As I wanted to ask her more about the world we bumped into a onee-san looking blonde.

69