Chapter 5 – Beam of Holy Destruction
4.1k 7 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were now outside the gates of the city of New Heart, the place was filled with a lot of people, most of them being mages who were probably hunting monsters too. Apparently, you get experience from killing monsters and improve your skills by using them and that is how everyone levels up.

As I walked into the area with the Princess's arm in my arm, everyone was staring at her.

"What is Princess Charlotte doing here? This is a low-level monster area." said one of the adventurers.

"Who is that guy with her highness? He is a level 10, why is the Princess walking hand in hand with him? " said his other party member looking at Glaze confused.

One of the more powerful looking groups who looked like nobles stood out because of their superior looking equipment, one of them, a woman named Karen Aqulia, said" What is that common blood princess doing here? And with a level 10 guy, that's fitting for a commoner like her that got into royalty by luck" with a disdainful gaze towards Princess Charlotte.

"Ssh, she might hear you, she is a level 29 Expert Karen." said her friend who also looked like a noble.

"Huh, so what if she does? I have been pushing her around since we were kids, she might have lucked out and found a way to level up so fast but she has no guts to actually do anything for the sake of keeping the peace in the Kingdom." She said, not hiding her contempt even a bit despite being only at Level 19.

As we went into somewhat of an open area, the Princess said," Don't mind these people, Lord Glaze, try using your new magic here freely."

I tried activating my Holy Destruction Magic, instantly it created a shockwave with a sound of a sonic boom followed by purple streaks of lightning all around my body with my hair floating upwards. I could feel a strange sensation throughout my body, it was like lightning flowing through my veins but many times faster and stronger. It did not make a crackling sound but constant sonic booms, it was like I was in the center of a cyclone.

Holy Destruction Magic was flowing throughout my entire body. The princess was standing on the side with a smile , " You are able to access the entirety of your magic so easily Lord Glaze and it looks like a type of destruction magic though I have never seen any destruction magic look like this or cause such an effect, now try concentrating the magic from your body into your hands and try to control it."

As I tried to feel the power of destruction rushing through me, I felt an impulse, the desire to destroy. It was like my subconscious mind was telling me to cause destruction, my entire body was itching to cause destruction. I somehow managed to control the impulse with great difficulty. I raised my hands and tried to concentrate the magic into my hands.

As the magic went from my entire body and towards my hands the cyclones calmed down and the sonic booms too but it caused the light in the surroundings to start flickering, creating an effect of light and darkness again and again very quickly. The ground beneath my feet started cracking and then sunk with a loud boom. The ground started breaking into small rocks that started floating in the air with purple lightning cracking everywhere and my hands were not even visible and were just a blinding purple light.

Princess Charlotte said, " Lord Glaze a few Level 10 Monsters are coming this way, you can test your power on them, fufu." despite the effect of my magic she remained calm.

The people around us were in shock at my display of magic.

"Hey, is that guy really a level 10? Has this old man finally gone crazy and is seeing things?" said one of the older looking mages.

"No, he is level 10, but there is no way that's a Novice class magic, is he an expert that is hiding his identity? That must be it", said the other mage.

Karen Aquilia who was initially looking down on Princess Charlotte and Glaze in contempt had her mouth hung open and was in a state of complete shock.

As I was trying hard to focus on concentrating my magic, I raised my head and took a look forward.

Princess Charlotte said few monsters, but those are like 100, ONE HUNDRED LEVEL 10 MONSTERS, Oi, are you sure I can handle that even with this display? I haven't killed a single monster since I was summoned, I have no experience with this. I looked back and she was still calm and unmoving.

The people around us finally realized that there were 100 Level 10 Monsters running towards them and they started panicking and running away.

"Why the hell are there 100 Level 10 Monsters rushing here for? Wasn't this a low-level area? How come there are a 100 of these gathering and attacking at the same time ? " said a Level 7 Adventurer, she was running away though the scene looked comical as she was so small and was carrying a huge greatsword, is this what you call a loli?

" Is that guy crazy, he is just level 10, even if he can use powerful magic, there is nothing he can do about 100 Level 10 Monsters, even Princess Charlotte would find that difficult to deal with. Is he just counting on the Princess to save him?" said Karen, while taking a defensive posture and taking out her daggers.

"Oi, that guy with flashy magic is still standing there, does that guy has a death wish, what can a level 10 do against a horde of level 10 monsters?" said a mage wearing white robes, with his staff out in his hand getting ready for combat. " With Princess Charlotte around this won't get too bad, this is a great opportunity to level up for me," said the guy with a determined smile.

I could not hear any of these people, at this moment my survival instincts kicked in, I was just focused on the Holy Destruction Magic concentrated on my hands and the Monster Herd rushing towards me. As I completely focused on the Holy Destruction Magic and gave in the urge to destroy, I felt the entire world slow down and the ground beneath me start quaking, as my hands moved forward towards the monster herd , the purple light got smaller and smaller and concentrated into a small orb.

Then, for an instant the crackling purple light , the sonic booms , the cyclones , the earthquakes completely ceased. There was an eerie moment of complete silence.

As the world came to a halt, I felt the entire magic in my body concentrating to the tip of my hands, and with a thought, I released the building dam of magic and in that instant, it burst forth. This caused the blinding purple light to shine and with a loud sonic boom and shockwave, the Holy Destruction Magic from the tip of my fingers turned into a beam of purple light with crackling purple lightning coiling around it, it then rocketed towards the monster herd, in its path it annihilated the entire surrounding forest creating a huge crevice, with loud crackling sonic booms , and the light itself in the world was destroyed creating a temporary darkness in its path.

The Beam of Pure destructive power zoomed towards the monster herd and completely covered all of them. There were no screams, no blood, no booms, no falling dust. There was just emptiness left, the magic attack was completed. The beam of Holy Destruction Magic destroyed everything in its path and didn't leave anything behind, not even light.

After a while, as light flooded the scene, one could see a huge narrow crevice that was very deep and the entire patch of land which was a few kilometers wide was completely destroyed with no trace of anything but soil. There was not a single trace of the monster herd.

It was like nothing ever existed on that piece of land.

44