Chapter 20 – Slaughtering through the battlefield
2.4k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning Glaze and Charlotte were standing on top of the city walls of New Heart overlooking the direction of the Demon Army.

The Royal Army had gathered outside and was in formation ready to defend the city from the demons with the Supreme Commander Alex Lenorte leading them.

They saw dark clouds taking over the clear sky as they could sense devil qi starting to spread near the area.

The people in the city were in a state of panic as this happened so suddenly, the city was closed down due to the war and the nobles were tensed as this attack happened on New Heart.

The Demon Army was now very close to New Heart, they exuded a terrifying aura , Glaze had never seen an army of this world before in action and having a bunch of powerful beings together was indeed terrifying, it was like huge swath of black dots with black mist surrounding them as it covered the entire sky above New Heart.

As the demon army grew closer, the King said " I shall go on ahead and find the Demon Lord, Lord Lockhart can come in later after we have some idea of the Demon Lord's powers, you are the trump card after all." as he levitated in the air and flew in the direction of the demon army.

"I'll go on ahead too, this is the first time you are seeing and fighting demons, you can fight the lower leveled demons to get an idea then come find us," said Charlotte as she followed the King.

Looks like I am all by myself, thought Glaze as he saw the Royal Army engage with the Demon Army, he jumped down on the battlefield and put his foot down as he dashed forward, after leveling up his physical strength was terrifying with the increased godly blood which had increased his speed as well , he went springing forward faster than a bullet as he left a small crater behind and zipped past the Royal Army who saw a purple light flashing right past them.

Glaze finally got a clear look at the demons, he expected them to look like monsters but worse but they looked very human, they had pale skin with a slight purple tint and two horns on their heads that glowed with strange runes and pitch-black eyes. The rest of their bodies looked very human apart from their long nails.

The Royal army was currently fighting this demonic army, the Supreme Commander Alex Lenorte was dealing with the High-Class Demons while his Second in Hand Natalia Phoenix who was a Level 29 Expert was dealing with Mid Class Demons and preventing them from causing too much damage to the army.

Glaze went straight past them as he aimed for a High-Class Demon who was coming towards Natalia as she was struggling to deal with this horde of Mid Class Demons.

4 Mid Class Demons of Level 18 came forward and attacked Glaze to defend their leader.

"Its time for action" said Glaze with a smile as he straightened his left hands index and middle finger and formed the Heaven - Slaughtering Sword Qi and slashed towards the four incoming Mid Class Demons horizontally , as the blood-red Heaven-Slaughtering Sword Qi was unleashed it released a terrifying shockwave as it created a shrill piercing sound as it slaughtered everything that stood in its path, his comprehension of the Heaven-Slaughtering Sword Qi had increased a lot and he was on a cusp of breaking through to Level 2.

The four demons released their most powerful attacks to defend against this attack, their horns glowed as devil qi gathered in their hands and they released streaks of destructive gases that decayed the entire area that they surrounded, it was as if everything these gases touched was aging rapidly and coming to an end. But the blood-red Heaven - Slaughtering Sword Qi was not affected by this terrifying gas as it sliced it in half and went straight towards the four demons and cut them all in half as they died on the spot.

Seeing four of his subordinates die so easily the Level 25 High-Class Demon was in shock as he turned around and decided to deal with this pesky human first then going for Natalia, as he gathered his Devil Qi on his hand the entire surrounding area shook as his physical strength increased by several magnitudes.

"Can your sword tackle this punch of mine, human?" said the High-Class Demon with arrogance, as he punched towards Glaze, it felt like the entire heaven was crashing down on top of him, the vast physical strength of demons was terrifying by itself and the Devil Qi just multiplied that.

Glaze had already taken out his Master Stage Blood River Blade as he slashed down and the river of blood covered the dead bodies of the four Mid Class Demons and absorbed their energy and his mana was now back to 70000. He channeled Holy Destruction Magic on his left hand and unleashed the Destruction Bullet towards the incoming Heaven Shattering Punch.

"Haha, I'll just brute force my way through you" said Glaze as he laughed as the Destruction Bullet traveled at a speed that could not even be seen and went straight through the Heaven Shattering Punch of the High-Class Demon as it pierced his fist leaving a hole straight through his fist and out of his elbow stopping his punch midway.

"Aaargh, you filthy human, how dare you" said the High-Class Demon as he held his arm, it wasn't just like a bullet piercing your entire arm, but a bullet of destruction magic that not only left a gaping tunnel but started destroying the entire surrounding flesh as it ate his arm from inside out while he was unable to even regenerate.

He gathered a terrifying amount of Devil Qi with all his rage and raw destructive power as he prepared to unleash it against Glaze but it was too late.

The Blood River Blade was already next to him as the river of blood slashed his entire chest , the Master Stage weapon's terrifying power swept through him even though it unleashed only a fourth of its power in Glaze's hand but he was already severely injured and thus wasn't able to resist the river of blood in time and was drained of his power and was weakened even more.

Glaze pierced the High Class Demon's chest with the Blood River Blade as it absorbed the latter's essence as he put his right hand on top of the High-Class Demon's head and said "Who'd you say was filthy?"and with a smile he crushed the latter's head with his bare hands and killed him instantly.

Glaze had killed a High-Class Demon, just like that.

*ting*

*You have killed a Level 25, High-Class Demon*

*Level Drain Activated*

The body of the High-Class Demon started shriveling up and was converted into blue radiance as it entered Glaze's body.

The surrounding Demons and Humans were shocked at this scene as they saw Glaze just rushing through the battlefield and killing everyone he encountered with such ease, Natalia who was about to fight the High-Class Demon was also surprised as she smiled and said, "His Majesty killed them with such ease and finesse, oh, and he has leveled up too?"

"What did you say Natalia ?" asked Alex who could not hear her properly on this battlefield and was also shocked looking at the scene when he realized that Glaze had leveled up right after that fight.

Glaze heard several notifications ring in his mind.

*You have gained 5 Levels*

*Your body and mana have completely recovered*

*You have 5 Magic Points and 1 Skill Point*

*You have a system reward*

29