Chapter 22 – Cronus Leviathan
2.1k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in New Heart City in Everheart.

Medusa was tasked to eliminate the Captelli family that wasn't on Glaze's side amidst the chaos of war.

Erebi was walking towards the King's Palace to kill the final person left, the Prime Minister.

She had leveled up to 15 after carrying out the assassinations with other members of Medusa on the Captelli family and had managed to eliminate everyone who opposed Marzia.

Her assassination magic was already at Level 7 along with her skills at Level 3.

With her void step and vanishing skill she was practically invisible as she walked through the crowd of tensed people in the King's Palace. She did not even have to try to hide as at her level, no one present was powerful enough to detect her walking right in front of their eyes.

She was truly talented in Assassination magic , the rate at which she was growing was ridiculous as she could now assassinate someone who was 5 Levels higher than her as her Assassin's Strike at Level 7 was effective on 2 Levels higher than the user and the Divine Assassin's Blade had +3 Levels effect stacked on top of it.

She walked to the quarters of the Prime Minister which was guarded by two guards, as she walked towards them they could not see her or sense her , she took out the Divine Assassin's Blade and slit their throats as blood spurted out and with a shocked expression of being killed out of nowhere, they dropped to the ground.

She opened the door.

"Hm, what is it? Didn't I tell you I need some privacy with this war going, can't even get my mind off of this for a bit-" said the Prime Minister who was at Level 20, he was naked and was surrounded by women as he lied in his bed, it looked like he was indulging in his desires while the Kingdom was at war.

He then noticed who came in and was instantly shocked, he pushed the women aside as he got ready to fight, "You, who are you? How dare you trespass the Prime Minister's quarters? Do you not know who I am ?" said he angrily but his eyes widened as he saw a scene that seemed impossible, Erebi who was standing in front of him looked at him with her cold black eyes as she disappeared from the spot in front of his eyes.

The next second he felt a cold blade on his throat, Erebi with her Void Step and Vanishing at Level 3 could make herself completely invisible to not only everyone below her level but also anyone who was at max 5 Levels higher than her but only for a temporary period of 10 seconds.

The Prime Minister felt an immense threat in his soul as he felt Erebi activate Assassin's Strike, he shivered as he realized he could not get out of this situation with this blade on his neck, he asked " W-Who? Who are you? Why me?"

"Master wants you to die, that's it," said Erebi with a cold look as she unleashed the Assassin's Strike and slit his throat, the Assassin Magic in an instant reached his soul and shattered it as he fell down with a thud and died in an instant.

Erebi at Level 15 Novice Stage had successfully killed the Prime Minister who was a Level 20 Expert.

As she looked at the rest of the women in the quarters who had their bodies sprayed with the Prime Minister's blood they were scared witless, "W-we had nothing to do with him, we were just sleeping with him for money, we w-won't tell anyone about t-this." said they as they backed away from Erebi in fear as she walked closer to them.

"There can be no witnesses," said she with a cold smile as she wiped the blood off of the Divine Assassin's Blade.

If one was standing outside, they would hear the screams of the many women inside with sounds of blood spurting and bodies dropping followed by an eerie silence.

After finishing them off, Erebi used the Voice-Projecting crystal to contact Athena, "I am done on my hand, you can proceed with the plan."

Before she walked out, she took out a seal that had 9 serpents on it engraved in purple with a black background and golden highlights and placed it on the body of the dead Prime Minister. This was the seal of Medusa, they were tasked to leave these behind after every task to instill fear among the people for Medusa.

As she walked out there were several people rushing in after hearing the screams, they saw the two guards lying dead, then the Prime Minister dead and the rest of the women in a pool of blood naked. As Erebi walked out with blood all over her body, the surrounding people who rushed into the room to see what was going on could still not detect her, she walked between them and got out of the King's Palace.

She was greeted by the 9 other members of Medusa who had finished their job as she entered Lockhart Palace, they all bowed as they said " We have finished the task you have given us Leader"

"Good, Master would be proud if he saw us," said Erebi as she smiled. Their job was done, the first step towards taking over the Kingdom was finished.

/----

Kingsguard Commander Alesia River who was atop the walls of the city of New Heart heard what happened in the King's Castle and rushed back.

As she entered the King's Castle expecting a lot of crowd there was no one there, as she and the rest of the Kingsguard entered they saw bodies of soldiers lying dead on the ground. She was shocked, how did this happen within the King's Castle? who was powerful enough and would dare do such a thing?

As she walked further she saw 10 men standing in front of her, she recognized who they were, they were the low leveled guards that the Prime Minister had sent to the Hero to act as meat shields. But she was shocked as these same people she saw a few weeks ago who were just Level 10 were now Level 20 Experts, every single one of them, except the one man in the center, he was a Level 24 Expert Stage and gave off a terrifying aura.

This was indeed the 10 men Glaze had manipulated into willing injecting themselves with Slave Magic for the Master Stage Lava Magic Book.

These guys were a lot more determined than he expected. They wanted to become even stronger after he finished training them for the first week, they did not stop once and kept training harder and harder, Glaze seeing such determination continued to pour resources into them using the stolen wealth and the system shop while training them in magic.

This resulted in them transforming from good for nothing level 10 guards to an actual powerful Kingsguard.

"I am Cronus Leviathan, Commander of the True King's Kingsguard," said the man standing in the center with a smile as he looked at her. He had black hair and was wearing purple-tinted armor which had minute engravings on it. All of them gave off a terrifying aura despite being in the Expert Stage.

 

We have a discord now which is completely barren.

You can populate it here -  http://discord.gg/7E3UpWm

 

37