Day 2: Pokemon I Want You
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the wild forest to find my first pokemon was harder than I thought. I mean it completely sucked. So far most of the pokemon that I'v come across are just little guys that just run off at the sight of me seriously how does one catch somthing when its underground or in a tree. I needed something that I would fight me and hold its ground with out backing down. I realise that I wasn't exactly the bigest or strongest but it would have to be that way. Hay if it beat me I'd just have all the more reason to try again, but I couldn' t find anything, and to top it all off I was hungry

Then there in the distace I found it in a tree a red juicy apple I had to have it the pokemon could wait. I climbed up the tree and grabed the biggest one I could find. When I got back down I sat down by the tree and my duffle by the tree. Man it felt good to bend my knees I'v been walking for hours. I took a moment to look around Their was a bush next to me another a couple feet away the rest was just grass and tree's nothing special.

I raised the apple to my mouth and took a bit to find that all I bit into was air the apple was no longer in my hand, I stood and looked around but the only apples in site were the ones still on the tree. Then I heard a loud CRUNCH sound behind the bush next to me. I looked over the top of the bush to see a medium sized pokemon stuffing its face with my apple. It was a Machop. I'v seen them before one of gangs in Cerulean City uses them and thier evolved forms, best of all I knew what they could do. It was a head or two shorter than me but it would become Machoke which is much bigger and stronger. This was the one it, Machop or bust from here on out.

I leaped over the bush and tried to jump on it but it was faster than I thought because it easly got out of the way. which was good because I wanted a speedy pokemon. The machop through down the apple and charged at me. Good he willing to hold his ground, but could he.

The trick I used next was a classic on the streets of Cerulean although it never worked very well on people bigger than you. Step 1 wait untill the last minute to leap to the left side, step 2 latch right elbow joint into his left armpit, Step 3 use free left arm to grab his left wrist, Step 4 use opponents momentum to slam against nearest solid object, and in this case an apple tree.

The Machop but recovered quickly and countered with a swift Karate Chop. I jumped backward but the attack hit my right shoulder sending me into a spin and crash landing. I got up my shoulder in pain but one thing you learn on the streets of Cerulean show no weakness. so I charged him and gave him a left hook to the jaw.

Machop was down but not out. He swept at my feet with a Powerful Low Kick. I leaped into the air and droped down on top of him. We struggled for a while, rolling around in the grass in front of the apple tree. Finaly I pinned him to the ground, but he wasn't done, he pulled his feet up and kicked me off. I flew up and landed in a tree branch that was big but old and unable to hold my weight, and after hitting the ground I was suprised to find that I still had the strength to go on, but I did just barely. The Machop looked a little frustrated

He Charged me again ready to give me the Karate Chop of my life, I quickly grabbed the branch that broke, and hit the Machop in the face with it baseball style. He fell to the ground and didn't move, but he was still breathing so that was a good sign. Then I remembered the pokeball, Hopeing that I didn't waste to much time stairing at him, I took it out of my pocket.

"Your mine!" I shouted as I through the ball at the exhausted being. A beam of light came out of the ball and pulled the pokemon inside. the pokeball started to shake once, twice, and third time was the charm "Yes!" I picked the ball up from the ground and just looked at it with a sense of pride welling up inside me, I had to see what I had caught one more time. "Alright come on out."

The little Machop came out in a standing position but soon collapsed back to the ground, who could blame him after all he did just take nasty blow to the head. I climbed back up the tree and grabed two apples. One for me and one for him.

"Here you go, eat up." I tossed him the biggest of the two apples, and he ate without hesitation. As he was eating I noticed a discolored mark on his jaw. "Does you Jaw hurt?"

He started to rub the side of his face I hit, and gave me a "Yes it does." In pokemon speak, not that I understood him of course.

"Well you did number on me too pal I don't think my soulders going to be the same." It was my was of saying sorry and to accept my appoligy he gave me a little smile mashed apple included. "Well what most worried about is that final blow I gave you, so it might be a good Idea to find a pokemon center, then we can find out how thick that skull of yours relly is."

When Machop was done I stood up, and reached into my pocket for the pokeball but when I pointed it to return him thier was no Machop to be found, then I heared a noise behind me. I turned to find Machop throwing my duffle over his shoulder.

"You want to carry my bag?" I asked

he answerd by pounding his fist to his chest and give out a proud cry. I guess I don't need the pokeball after all. "Alright then lets go."

We hit the road and for once I was thinking that my Mom realy did know best after all. This relationship between me and this pokemon was good so far. I had a good feeling about this, and maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

0