Author’s note/Update
2.3k 9 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey Everyone!

Hope everyone is managing to have a happy holidays in some form or another 

I thought I would give you all an update of where we are at, so here we go. Back on the first of November I posted my most recent chapter of Illegal Alien, then for the rest of November I was writing a standalone story from scratch in a single month for LightNovelber2021 (An Itch.io writing jam I help run).

For the first half of this month I slowly released that same story for free for those who couldn't or didn't want to pay for the epub/pdf release. Here is a link to that story: Alexithymia

I planned to jump right back into writing Illegal Alien at the start of December, unfortunately I haven't been able to. November was a busy month and I pulled a lot of late nights writing that story, all of which left me exhausted and needing a rest by start of December. 

Annnnnnd... 

Well December hasn't been all that restful. Between a busy schedule, Hell's own heat and humidity, and everyone around me coming down with omnicron variant covid, I am exhausted. Thankfully though I have managed to stay mostly healthy and avoid covid despite caring for family members.

Which despite even my medical training is almost a miracle.

So what's the plan going forward?

Well I don't expect to be posting much or anything before next year, but once the stress is off and I am rested, you can bet I am going to jump back into writing.

First off I want to finish writing Arc 3 of Illegal Alien: A mission in East Parcosia, we are entering the second half now. Afterwards I want to switch back to Songbird and try and write its third and probably final(?) story arc. There is also a grittyish space story that has been rattling in my head for at least a year and a half and has been growing ever more tempting to write, so I might write a trial chapter or two. There are also my old stories from Itch.io that I hope to do new edits of and maybe post to Scribblehub.

Anyway thats enough from me, the only thing I have left is to thank all of you, my readers. You will never know how much your readership and comments mean to me.

So I wish you a Joyous Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Best Wishes for all your various holidays and religious observations that occur around this time of Solstice (Summer and Winter).

Ashlyn

99