Chapter 20: Burning wish
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: Burning Wish

“Wake up!”

“Hot!”

I opened my eyes as i was in pain from the hot liquid poured on me.

‘Who poured hot water on me?”

Once my eyes adapted to the blinding sunlight, i saw the uncle that Aqua called teacher.

“Uncle?” i said, trying to get up, but something is tying me down.

‘My arms and legs, she did this to me.’

Looking at where my arms and legs should be, i saw nothing but my half naked body tied up in a lot of rope, wet from the hot liquid earlier.

“Don’t call me uncle, monster, I’m here to ask you questions that you will answer” he said, putting a bucket down.

“I can do that but, isn’t there a better way to treat me than tying me up.”

“No, i think this setup is good enough” he said, sitting in a chair a bit far from me.

“At least cover me up in bandage or something, I’m a bit exposed right now.”

“It’s just a precaution in case you turn into a vampire.”

“Why would that happen, do i look like a vampire.”

“Enough now answer my questions!” he said, grabbing a lighter from his pocket.

“What do you want to know?”

“Who is that vampire woman who took Aqua away?”

“She calls herself Vanny, if I’m not wrong, she’s one the three vampire queens.”

“Next question, why did she kidnapped Aqua.”

“Not sure, i think she kidnapped Aqua to lure someone out.”

“Then last question, are you a monster?” he said, opening his lighter.

“No, I’m not.”

“Liar, a human can’t live after all of their limbs are torn off,” he said, slowly approaching me.

“What do you want to do to me?”

“Purging a being of evil.”

The moment he lit his lighter i knew, the liquid that he poured on me is not water.

‘I knew this smell is familiar.’

“Goodbye” he said, dropping his lighter to the ground and quickly ran away.

Seeing the sudden burst of fire on the ground, i immediately tried to bite the rope on my body.

‘There’s not enough time.’

Seeing the quickly approaching fire, i pushed the table that i was tied to, to the side, making the table fall along with me.

‘If i can’t walk away anyway, all i can do is roll around with the table.’

Even though i got away, a little bit of fire still caught face, and burned half of my left side of my face.

“Oh shit.”

‘Eat the fire, eat the fire.’

Of course i can’t do that, if it’s not in my mouth, i can’t absorb it.

The fire on my face spread to my neck and the other side of my face.

‘I need somewhere to hide from the fire.’

I saw that nearby there’s plenty of buildings but,

‘All of them have the smell of alcohol, did that bastard poured them everywhere.’

With nowhere else to do, i rolled as fast as i can to reduce the fire on my body towards a location with the least amount of alcohol smell.

After rolling, i saw that there’s a stairway leading up towards a tower nearby.

‘If he soaked the nearby building or even maybe the whole city...no that can’t be, this city is huge, and how can he douse the whole city in alcohol.’

Rolling up the stairs, i begin feeling my cheeks starting to cool down and the hot sensation on my neck and body went away.

‘Good, the fire went away, but, my face still hurts from rolling.’

After rolling up the stairs, although slipping a bit, i managed to reach the top.

‘The smell alcohol here is light, i knew it, and he doesn’t have enough time to climb this annoyingly tall tower.’

Biting the rope off, i freed myself from the table.

“Is he trying to burn the whole city?”

Moving my body with my chin, i climbed a table with a pair of binoculars.

///

“Huff, huff”

Light ran towards the north gate, while looking a t his pocket watch.

“The sun is almost at its peak, i need to get out of here” he said, looking behind him

“The mayor’s alcohol and supply is really plentiful, if only i know more advance water magic, i can even douse the whole city and its surroundings,” he said, looking at the slowly rising flames in the distance.

“If this doesn’t kill her, i can only retreat.”

“Let me go!” a muffled voice said, from light’s backpack.

“Be quiet demon!”

///

“Holy shit, that fire’s big!”

Looking at the fire with a binocular stuck to my face, i saw a giant roaring flames spreading.

“How am i going to escape from that?”

‘Think... maybe the stone can help me.’

“Other than trying to eat the fire, i have no other ideas.”

‘maybe i can use stone power directly to use magic, if i can duplicate something seemingly perfectly, there’s no way i can’t use magic with it.’

‘Even then, what kind of magic i can use to escape.’

“Ahh, if only i can just eat this ball of energy in front of me.”

*Boom!*

“What?!”

Looking at the direction where the explosion sound came from, i saw a huge explosion, of blue fire, spreading at the speed of light.

In an instant, blue flames covered my body.

‘What happened?’

Feeling the scorching hot flames, and the wet feeling of melted goo on my face, i snapped back into reality as pain wreaked havoc on what’s left of my body.

“Argh what is this?! What happened?!”

‘This is unfair, why am i treated like this, i haven’t done anything to deserve this’

As tower fell down, with my body falling into a sea of flames, i had only one thought

‘The world, why do you hate me? All my life i have been passive, not wanting much, yet, just for something as small as a happy family.’

“The world wants to burn me, then i will burn it back, i will burn the flames that want to burn me and my family!”

“Melt! Philosopher stone, give me your power, grant my wish!”

///

“Good, the blue blood wine exploded, it’s a wonder how the mayor got a hold of such powerful wine in large quantities.”

Watching from a far is Light, the teacher of Aqua.

“With this, the city will be purged of all evil once more.”

Looking smug, light leaned on a tree and watched from afar.

“Hmm?”

‘What’s that?’ he thought, pulling out a retractable telescope from his backpack.

With the telescope, light saw the flames suddenly disappearing.

“What is this?!”

The flames started disappearing slowly from the center.

“Did that monster did this? I knew it, she’s dangerous.”

Seeing into the center with his telescope once the fire in the middle is all gone, he saw a naked girl with white hair sitting on the floor in between the smoke caused by the fire.

“Her hair turned white, and her limbs are back?”

///

“This hurts, there’s too much energy.”

Inside my heart, the Omnia drop that been produced has exceeded the total that both of my hearts can keep up.

‘I need a way to use this energy or else i will explode.’

I searched my brain to see what i can do to upgrade and i remembered about the big bone in Emily’s store.

‘Maybe that can work, but i need to make a program first...I’ll just copy the program for my human form and just put it together, i hope this works.’

With a thought, i willed the energy in my body to mind and brain.

“Argh!”

‘What’s this thing? It hurts, when this did appear in my head.’

A force appeared an attacked the place where my soul or what my soul have become

‘Burn, burn!”

Once the philosopher stone melted and fused with my soul, my soul transformed into a distortion in the shape of a burning flame.

‘It’s too strong, my flames can’t damage it.’

“Arghh! Damn it!”

The force stabbed me with full force, and made me felt the most painful experience yet.

1