Chapter 12: Alex And The Philosopher’s Stone
131 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Alex And The Philosopher's Stone

"Where?"

'Just below me.'

I slowly pulled the egg bag into my hands after what he said.

"It's looks like I’m going to use all my mana here"

I used [magic sense] to see all the traps and seals.

"[Mass Dispel]" a spell to erase mana from a spell, disabling it.

I used Nullify to clear the surrounding traps and the seals.

"I'm completely out of mana now."

I went to the center where the egg found the philosopher stone and started digging down.

Eventually i found a weirdly modern rusty metal hatch like and underground bunker.

I went inside the hatch using the ladder that leads below.

The ladder, haven't been used for a long time was covered in dust and rust.

By the time i reached the ground, my hands were black and orange.

"This place is weirdly cold."

Cold...cold..Old

Echoes of my voice came from the dark. 

I took out a light stone, revealing part of a black and silver room filled with wires and metal bits scattered around.

'This place looks modern.'

I walked slowly forward, leaving my foot prints on the dusty floor.

'If the people who sealed this place came here, they should have left foot prints. Did they not come inside?'

The room was pretty big as i walked for roughly ten minutes until i found a human figure in the dark.

Once i saw that one figure, i found multiple other human figures in the distance.

When i took a closer look, they look like pointing something at each other.

'They're all stiff like statues.'

One i came closer more and more people could be seen with all of them wearing the same looking clothes according to their gender.

'Are they holding guns?'

On each of the statues carried firearms of all kinds, which means there was some kind of conflict here.

Some of the statues are lying on the ground, clutching their chest, and some of them are running.

As i walked i noticed that everyone that ran is running in the same direction.

I walked to the same direction, seeing a lot of statues on the way in all sorts of situations.

A huge wall was what i found after a while walking.

This time all of the statues are not fighting each other but all of them are looking at a one statue that's clutching something on his hand.

I pried it his hand open but it felt like he was resisting me, as if he's still breathing.

In his arms is a bright red stone that one its side is flat, as if it was cut in half.

No...no..O

As i took the stone, voices started whispering to me.

'I should get out of here' i thought, putting the stone away in my pocket dimension.

I walked faster and faster as the whisper becoming louder.

It's mine

Don't take it from me

Don't run away

Give it back

The air i breathed turned heavier, the air turned colder.

Eventually i felt like I’m in the bottom of the Pacific Ocean with the ground shaking and metal debrises falling from above.

By the time i reached the ladder, everything behind me was in ruins, with dust flying everywhere.

"Cough cough, my body feels like jelly."

The pressure made my body very tired, and i was sweating even though it was cold.

The trip up the ladder felt like torture with my noodle arms and legs.

When i reached the top, the sun was already gone with a group of animals in the distance.

'Why are they looking at me like that?'

All of them looked at me as if i’m some kind of enigma.

"Die vampire!"

A small figure suddenly appeared from the group of animals and came towards.

"Wait, Red it's me Robin."

"You're not fooling me this time."

I tried to push him back but i was too exhausted to do anything to him.

"Arghh!" 

The pain was bad; my own sword would've pierced my chest, where my heart is if i didn't hold it back with my hands.

'What are you thinking Red?!'

I forcefully tried to read his mind but i was blocked.

It was only when i saw through his eyes full of hatred i was my own reflection.

'I'm stupid!'

I forgot i didn't have mana anymore, so my appearance went back to normal, a 16 year old girl with white hair and red eyes. 

"It's me Robin; i forgot about my magic disguise, this is my real face."

"Lies."

"Let me show you then."

'Read my mind.'

I forced him to use the technique Glinda gave me which is mind reading on me.

But something unexpected happened.

The world changed around me, with me feeling even weaker than before.

'I'm a baby again.'

This feeling of weakness of a baby has never been forgotten.

This time though i can't move my own body, as it's not responding to me.

"The chi-...it's heal-"

After a while my eyes opened to see two blurry figures around me.

One looked like a male doctor while the other one looked like a woman.

Suddenly the room went red and doctor hurriedly grabbed the woman towards me.

"Evac-"

Then darkness returned.

I felt cold and hungry.

Suddenly i appeared inside a house, with a middle aged woman in front of me.

"Red, don't bully the other kids, at this rate you'll never make any friends."

"But they all left me alone, they never want to talk to me."

'I'm seeing Red's memories.'

"Even if they don't want to be your friends, you shouldn't hurt the other kids in the village."

"I don't care."

"This kid."

I left the house, going to a river near the village.

Beside the river i just stared at the running water, and sometimes cry a little bit.

"Why am i so different than the others, calling me pale witch and outsider?"

"Witch and outsider?"

"Ahh! Who are you?"

A young girl that looked very similar to me appeared in front of me, standing on the running water.

"I'm just a witch from the south."

My vision blurred and i saw Red's crying face.

"I...I'm sorry i didn't mean to."

"Aghh!!"

Unbearable pain came in as i started to feel my body again.

A sword pierced my chest, blood covered Red's face as blood came gushing out of my chest.

"Quick drink this, you can't die!"

Red slit his wrist with his nails and brought it to my mouth.

Blood came in my mouth which tasted like my spoon when i put it in my mouth for too long.

"Gulp gulp."

It feels very hot sliding through my throat, with the heat spreading throughout every part of my body but my heart which was not beating any more, as it was stabbed by a long pointy metal object.

"Pull it out."

"Argh!"

More blood is gushing out, as the sword is being pulled out.

Even though the sword was pulled out, it was still useless, as the heat in my body is not getting to my chest.

'Anti vampire sword...great.'

"Red, take me into the waterfall."

///

The other animals left, leaving me and Red alone in the cave.

"I'm sorry, i didn't know," he said, laying me on the ground in front of the tent.

"It’s okay, I’m stupid so i got stabbed by you."

"Can i do anything to help you?"

"Can you remove my necklace and put it in my hand; i want it to be close to me in my last moments."

He did what i asked him to do, he removed my necklace and placed it on my hands and hold it tightly on the hole on my chest.

'It's hot.'

'It's getting hotter.'

"Alex your necklace is cracking."

The necklace gotten hotter and hotter until finally it cracked, revealing a red gem and an egg.

The red gem after landing on my chest started glowing and went inside my body through the injury on my chest which made it gushing with blood again.

"Alex is you okay?"

I'm fine...was what i was going to say but my body suddenly felt hot, very hot.

"I want your blood!"

I jumped at red, biting him on his neck and started sucking without further delay.

3