Chapter 14: Preparing To Leave
111 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: Preparing To Leave

in the tent, i felt a huge amount of information flowing into my brain, hurting my head.

'Egg's fur have so much information,' i thought, sweating from the pain.

After a while the pain went away.

'The information is big, why didn't my nails have this much info?'

So i tried eating my hair, it tasted horrible as i haven't have a bath yet.

'It hurts!'

The information that i got from my hair was enormous, making me have a huge headache.

'I need a bigger brain for this.'

Suddenly the omnia drop in my heart moved through my head, stopping in my head.

"The pain, it's gone."

My head now felt clear, and my headache is gone, with the world looking clearer, i even saw dust in the air even though there's almost no light inside the tent.

"Wait, there's another pile of information in my head, this should be Red's info, wait did i turn into a vampire, Egg said that my race is unknown."

Looking at my mouth, i have no sharp fangs.

'Maybe the philosopher's stone prevented me from turning into a vampire.'

"Oh right, my unawakend true vampire didn't change right?"

Going out of the tent to ask Egg, i saw Egg being squished under Red's feet.

"What are you doing?"

"Teaching Grey about the law of the jungle," he said, crushing all of Egg's body, making him unable to speak.

"You named him Grey?"

"I took inspiration from you, a good name right?"

"I guess, how much of my memory did you see actually?"

"I saw your brother going crazy, your death, your adoptive father, and that creepy grandma."

Mentioning my brother, i have mixed feelings, he was the most awesome person to me as a kid, until he grown up and left the town.

'Money and power i guess, i hope in the future i won't turn out like that.'

"Why aren't you mad about you're brother, if i were you, i would've gotten really mad."

"I guess it's because i've already forgiven him, it's not like getting mad at him will help me."

"How could you forgive the man who killed you?!" He said, running up to me and grabbed my shoulders while staring at me with his red piercing eyes.

"I'm free!"

"No you're not" he said, stopping Grey from running with telekinesis.

"He's dead, there's no reason to hate a dead person."

"Well i won't, you also don't know if he's dead," he said, walking away with gray in his hands, leaving cracks on the stone floor for every step he takes.

"A lot of time passed, i'm sure he's dead, my anger went away after a long time."

After eating every spirit stones that i can see, i managed to make 3 more drops of omnia.

'I need a better way to get energy other than spirit stones or i'm going to go poor.'

Standing up, i walked out of the cave to look for Red.

Lookig for Red, i met the others like Kong, Leon, Fefa, Mug, and the kids, but they were all scared of me, but when i explained to them about me, they calmed down but, still kept their distance.

I eventually found Red sitting quietly on top of a tree branch, with Grey on his shoulder.

"Are you okay Red?"

"I'm okay, i was just thinking."

"Do you want to go back?"

"No, let's go to Naive city, i want to find him."

"Not saying goodbye?"

"We'll be back, besides, i'm just a random person to them, i was always distancing my self fron them, never getting too close."

"Okay then, i will follow you."

"Don't you want to save your father?"

"I have my magic back, i checked from the Weave and heard that he escaped by himself, so i'm not worried about him."

"Fine, here's Grey, he's sleeping," he said, throwing Grey to me.

I caught Grey and Red jumped down to the ground.

'Grey's still sleeping even though he's been thrown.'

"Let's go."

On the road to Naive city i asked Red.

"Can you check if i'm a vampire now?"

"Yeah you're a vampire, can't you feel the difference?"

"I want to try something, can you give ne some of your hair."

"Why do you need that, if you want, you can some of my blood."

"That work too."

Red bit his thumb and blood flowed out.

"Here," he said, holding out his thumb.

I crouched and grabbed Red's thumb and licked it.

Huge anount of Information appeared in my head but this time, it didn't hurt, in fact it felt nice like someone is patting your head.

After i got what i wanted, i sat down on the grass beside the road.

'I should be able to tell the difference of a vampire and a human.'

In my head, i compared the information of me and Red and i found that, there is a similarity.

'I guess i didn't awaken but i'm still a vampire.'

"Red, do you have human blood."

"Yes, why?"

"Can i get some?"

"No," he said, walking away.

"Why? But if you don't want to tell me, it's okay."

"It's my mother's blood."

"I'm sorry."

"Let's just get going, if you want human blood, we'll get some in the city."

After getting in the city, i met up with the mercenaries who wanted to recruit me disguised as Adam and joined them on one mission to escort a noble from the south back home.

"We'll leave tomorrow, also you should meet the others, i also recruited someone else while you were gone," Jack said, drinking some alchohol on the bar.

"Can i take someone with me during the escort, he's not weak."

"Sure, but don't let him get us into trouble, also i've prepared a room for you upstairs after i heard about you not finding one," he said, giving a key to room number 14.

"Thank you."

'I wonder how Red's doing.'

Red said that he knew a gathering place for vampires in the city and want to get something from there.

'I should first get inside my room.'

Going upstairs into room 14, i canceled my disguise spell.

"It's so exhausting to use this spell, having low quality mana sucks."

I was so exhausted until my whole robe is wet with my sweat.

Casting magic that's too advanced for low level magic is possible but it puts a huge burden to the body and uses a huge amount of mana.

"I hope i don't have to meet jack or any high level people while in the road, for an adept warrior to recruit members is too much."

"Hello?"

The door opened behind me with a bang.

"You're...Alex."

"Vio? Why didn't you knock first, also why did you kick the door down?"

The one who kicked the door down was Vio, the cultivator from Sunset mountain.

3