Chapter 483
1.4k 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Well, I was not expecting this…’

Long Enlai along with Zhang Liu were now separated from each other. Both of them were bleeding out after their techniques collided with Liu being in a slightly better situation. Thanks to being a dual cultivator with what seemed to be a better body refining technique he had managed to survive through more hits than his opponent.

Yet victory was not assured yet, each of them had a bit of spiritual energy left in them for one final attack. A victor would surely arise if they continued for longer but this also could cause a long-lasting injury to the both of them. Zhang Dong could see that the two youths were set on even burning their own lifespan to make their masters happy.

When looking at Long Fengge he saw a man too concerned about his own face than anything else. He was the poster boy of a cultivator that could not take any criticism and would allow his disciple to suffer long-lasting injuries if it meant that he would regain his honor.

‘Does he really not care or believes in their life-saving arts enough to heal his disciple from any sustained injury…’

The Long Clan had superior technology and resources to any other superpower in the empire. Their size was also smaller which allowed them to concentrate their assets in a smaller elite force. Perhaps even if the young man’s arms were cut off and he was maimed they would be able to restore him to full health. Even then it left a bad taste in his mouth, he could heal his disciples from critical injuries as well but just standing there twiddling his thumbs was not something he was willing to do.

“Daddy?”

“Sorry, daddy needs to take care of something, go into mommy’s lap instead.”

“Husband?”

Zhang Dong had his daughter sitting in his lap while watching the fight. It was a bit strange to have the children look at the bloodbath but not like he trusted others to keep them safe without him or his wife around. After placing the potato in Liena’s lap he started to stand up which did not go unnoticed.

“We shall leave it at that, stand down Zhang Liu, and you Long Enlai. You both did a great job but I fear that you both risk injury if you continue. This will be a draw.”

His voice boomed through the entire arena which was taken by surprise. This was not his sect and he was only an outsider with a title. Normally as long as the Azure Emperor was here he would not have the right to stop the fight. The people here didn’t see him as anyone above the elder generation and certainly not equal to the emperor.

“What do you mean by a draw? My disciple can still continue and is willing! Isn’t that right Enlai?”
Long Enlai looked to Zhang Liu who was now focused more on his own master than the fight and then back to Long Fengge. Zhang Dong could see the young man clasping his hands and quickly nodding as if it was obviously so. Yet he had seen the disciple feel relieved after he had spoken out but he could obviously not go against his own master, an order was absolute.

“See uncle, my disciple wishes to continue but if you wish to forfeit then…”

“And you call yourself a master? Would you allow your student to sacrifice his future to satisfy your hubris?”

“H-how dare you…”

“It’s us to the elders to lead our disciples yet your dispute with me has clouded your judgment. If you wish to see this as me forfeiting then let it be so.”

Zhang Dong just shrugged while talking back to Long Fengge who seemed taken aback by how his uncle was acting. He could only look towards his own family members for some words of encouragement but as this was happening Zhang Liu had already begun walking away from the stage.

“You dare to do this in front of my father, you are being rude!”

The whole place had become deathly silent as no one was willing to offend the royal family. With the mention of the Azure Emperor Long Fengge had taken this fight to the next level though. Zhang Dong seemed to be going against the wishes of the current ruler by just forcing the event to a close. Normally the Azure Emperor with the highest status should be the one to do that and his younger brother wasn’t even asking.

“Your father?”

Zhang Dong looked towards Long Qing who was just smiling like this was not his problem. He could not figure out this man that did not take anything seriously. If he offended him would he need to actually battle it out? Would he even be able to? He couldn’t see the Azure Emperor acting himself as there were many people that could do it for him.

“What about Long Qing? He is my brother, not above or below me, we are equals but you on the other hand don’t seem to know your place.”

“What? How…”

Long Fengge was clearly confused as he had not expected a response like this. Zhang Dong was sure that whenever Fengge brought up Qing’s name everyone instantly folded and dropped down to their knees. Who in their right mind would go against the Azure Dragon? Yet he was not talking with a regular cultivator but with Zhang Dong.

Long Qing had already shown that he was trying to be an ally even than normal cultivators would still distance themselves into a subordinate role. From everyone's perspective, Long Dong was the inferior of the two and should act as his position required him to. Yet there he was, calling himself equal to the Azure Emperor.

“That you are alive and well now is only because you are the child of my brother, don’t ever forget that.”

Zhang Dong’s aura exploded in front of everyone that was there. Words were just words, he needed to reinforce his statement with actions. He could not go wild and attack anyone here so he decided to do the next best thing. This was to act as an offended elder that was being disrespected by a junior.

After his seed had consumed the three cores his aura had become even heavier. He did not know the full scope of his brother's capabilities and now was a good chance to measure it. Long Qing was a relaxed person but even he needed to act in a situation like this due to the fact that the two elders that were meant to protect them were being pushed down to their knees by Zhang Dong’s overbearing aura.

“W-will the two dragons fight?”

“But if two pinnacle masters clash then we will be affected as well…should we escape?”

“How will we escape if we can’t even more!”

The tremendous amount of Qi that Zhang Dong was generating was making the whole area rumble furiously. The lesser cultivators were instantly knocked out with only a few remaining that were at least at the later stage of core formation.

“My child seemed to have offended you, my brother!”

Long Qing finally made his move, he was sitting on a large throne that was clearly made for him. Even after the elders were pushed down to the ground he remained unaffected by Zhang Dong’s oppressive aura. Even now he was able to protect himself along with his wife and his kids that quickly retreated to their father’s side.

“But don’t you think that you are taking things a bit too far?”

Zhang Dong was really curious about this Azure Emperor. He seemed to be hiding his true motives, the fact that he could be part of the system still existed. Like the human king from the magical world, he was in a similar position.

In a sense he mirrored that man, his position and power was about the same. He was forced to remain in the area even though he could probably solve the empire’s problem before it started. It would make sense if he was just an arbiter watching from the sides and only when there was an imbalance in the scenario he would act.

But he could also be one of the many denizens of this world that had no clue about the shadowy scenario playing out in the background. In a sense, Zhang Dong felt that the Azure Dragon was meant to fall during this war of the empires and the person with the system would become the new ruler.

People were expecting the Golden Dragon to be forced into a defensive position. Everyone believed in the Azure Emperor’s might that was unmatched on this planet. Yet even as he stood up and continued walking forward Zhang Dong didn’t falter.

“How…”

Long Fengge along with his two other siblings were flabbergasted by the scene they were seeing. Their father, who they saw as a god among men, had released the full brunt of his oppressive aura and was focusing it against Zhang Dong. However, instead of seeing him going down to at least one knee to apologize he just stood there with his hands behind his back and waited.

“Am I going too far? I think I’m well in the right of my current position…”

Soon the two men were facing each other, Zhang Dong was a little bit taller than his brother dressed in blue. Both of their eyes were now focused on each other which caused the space to warp around them. The two were giving out spiritual energies that would have knocked even nascent soul masters out instantly.

Yet even though Zhang Dong was managing to hold out he was dead even. This was quite surprising as he thought of himself as someone slightly above the nascent soul's great circle realm. This put the Azure Dragon really like someone that was able to break through the limits of this world but it was not to the extent of taking a step into the immortal realm just yet.

“Well then, I will have to ask that you look past my son’s offense and that we can look past it as brothers!”

“If my dear brother is asking me to look past his hopeless son then what else can I do? Let us consider this water under the bridge!”

Both of the men started laughing while constant sparks of energy erupted and continued to make the whole arena shake. Luckily for the people gathered here the oppressive air of conflict soon subsided without a battle between experts breaking out.

‘Scared me for a moment there…’

He was relieved but didn’t show it on his face. Even though he might have been able to contend with the Emperor in a one-on-one battle he would not be victorious here. Enemy elders, grand formations, and lack of weapons, he was just ill-prepared to further a conflict here. In reality, he was already hovering with his hand over the teleport prompt that would get him and his whole family out of here.

‘Now, I need to get this over with and rebuild that golden palace…’

51