Chapter 486
1.7k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So this is a relic left by the ancestor of the Long Clan? Miraculous.”

“Yeah, now it’s ours but as you can see it needs a lot of work…”

“And a lot of cleaning.”

Zhang Liena swished her finger on the wall that was quite dusty. Zhang Jin was also here along with his grandchildren and both of Zhang Dong’s disciples. All of them were astonished to see the golden interior of this large palace.

“That it does but don’t worry my wife I didn’t bring you here for cleaning, no the only one that will remain here is old gramps over there.”

“You want this old man to stay in this empty palace? Can I at least bring ten of my wives to keep me company?”

Zhang Jin frowned at the idea of having to be alone in this large space with no one else to keep him company. Zhang Dong just chuckled before pointing towards the corridor.

“That’s fine, don’t worry you won’t be alone, you’ll have a lot of our sect members to order around but first follow me, we need to get some of this palace's functions in order.”

There was no time to waste now, he had managed to get rid of the Azure Dragon and his children. With the help of this Palace, he would be able to return to this floating city without the need of making himself known. For this, to work he needed to get the teleportation array operational. Luckily for him, the whole place was now part of his system so he just needed to spend spirit points to make upgrades or to repair old broken down rooms.

“Where are we going daddy? This place is bigger than our house!”

“Yes, we are going on a little adventure!”

Zhang Dong smiled at his daughter who came over to ride on his shoulder. His younger son looked a bit envious at this gesture but was still a bit too shy to ask for a ride himself. Instead, his mother grasped his hand so he could float with her towards their next destination. Thus after passing through various empty rooms and corridors they arrived at a spacious one that was somewhat destroyed.

“Here we are, this should be the transmission chamber…”

“There has not been anyone here in a while… there is nothing here Dong’er, everything seemed to have been affected by time.”

Zhang Jin stepped forward to look around. Besides the golden walls and the crumbling floors, there was nothing here. The ceiling had fallen down to bury something under a lot of rubble, this something was what Zhang Dong was looking for.

“Just give me a moment, you’ll probably want to see this so watch!”
After pointing out with his finger both Zhang Jin and Liena glanced at the destroyed area. They had question marks floating over their heads that soon changed to exclamation marks as they witnessed a strange change. The once dirty and destroyed floor started glowing in white.

“What is happening?”

Liena asked while the strange phenomenon took place. Zhang Dong was just smiling so she did not panic as the whole floor disappeared along with the dirt and broken tiles. They were replaced by the golden metal that lost some of its sheens but was the framework of this whole palace. It continued further as everything vanished into thin air.

“That takes care of the cleanup but now we have to restore it…”

Zhang Dong nodded while his finger swished towards the air. While no one could see it he was just clicking on his system menu. The first part was just to clear out the rubble that was taking up most of the space in this room. After it was finished the area looked like an empty warehouse and not something that would have a teleportation array.

But like in a game the room retained its initial use. In the system, it was listed under the transmission room which indicated a teleportation function. The use of points was tremendous but it needed to be done, unless he spent them he would not be able to get his people over here.

After the cleaning up he actually got an option to dispose of the destroyed debris to gain some of the materials back. These materials appeared as a separate source that was now visible in his construction window.

‘Interesting, so I can lower the spirit point requirements if I procure at least part of the materials, what if I try this…’

At first, he just wanted to show off in front of his kids and spend all of his spirit points to remodel this room. Bob had calculated how much he would need and if he spend 95% of his current spirit points this room would be operational. Yet now after going through the disposing he noticed a new option that allowed him to recycle some of those destroyed columns and floor tiles.

“What’s all of that Daddy?”

“Oh, that’s just something daddy will use to bring this place to life!”

Zhang Xiu called out as she saw her father wave his finger and activate his spatial ring. From the ring, a large number of various materials popped up that he had borrowed from some other locations while going through his travels. It wasn’t much as he didn’t think that he would have a use for regular building materials but with this new feature, he now could.

‘The rates are abysmal as always though…’

After throwing out all sorts of various resources in the form of rare ores and even bricks from buildings he wasn’t able to get the price down by that much. It came out to about 15% of the whole sum that he would need to use spirit points for. Yet this wasn’t that bad, every little point mattered and now he had another way of hastening the process of restoring this floating palace made from gold.

His family and disciples were all there to see the materials vanishing almost as fast as they were thrown out from the spatial ring. His wife was the only one that knew that he was a person from another world but he did trust everyone gathered here enough to show everything that he was capable of. Finally after dumping off what he could spare the prompt to repair the room was pressed. This caused the entire room to glow in white once more.

“Go back into the corridor for a moment…”

Everyone retreated to the hall that the room was connected to. Even the doors leading into it were affected by the change and were restored almost instantly. Zhang Jin started scratching his head at the phenomenon but he had already seen Zhang Dong produce many miracles so this wasn’t that surprising anymore. The ones mostly amazed were his disciples and his children that could not believe what they were seeing.

“And there it is… the transmission chamber but you could also call it the teleportation chamber!”

The once shiny golden room had been renovated. Together with the black tiles on the floor and light blue patterns here and there it looked a lot more lively. The focal point of the construction was the large teleportation gate in the middle. It did not look much different than the ones produced by his sect, the technology from this era was still quite similar to the previous one where relics were cherished and protected.

This was not all as the gate was not the only relic that could be used for teleportation. Behind it was another platform with included stairs leading up to it. It had a honeycomb pattern of golden tiles divided by dark lines made from extremely hard marble.

This was a device to teleport people directly to faraway places and did not require another gate on the other side. There was a corresponding panel to the side where Zhang Dong or one of his people could put in coordinates to where people could be teleported to. It was more similar to the technology of the magical knights he had encountered.

‘From what I can tell that device has a limited range and requires a lot of energy but if someone creates a teleportation formation at the location they want to go to the requirements will be lowered. I can work with that but the most important one is still the gate…’

The teleportation gate was now created but it needed to be tested first. The Argonaut came equipped with a small gate for military purposes. It was a mobile fortress that was able to call for reinforcements from the sect directly. Even if it was attacked by a large force a few nascent soul masters could arrive through the compact gate to offer aid.

“Well gramps, how about you help me test this thing out first?”

“You want me to go through it? Are you mad?”

Zhang Jin was opposed to testing a gate that just popped out from thin air. He did not have the system window before him to assure him of it working.

“Can Xiu do it instead? That looks like fun!”

His daughter ran into the room and started looking at all the strange contraptions. She had never before left the sect or used a teleportation gate before. In her eyes, this was certainly a new toy that she could play around with.

“Daddy was only joking~”

Zhang Dong grabbed his daughter that was poking the teleportation gate. He would certainly not let his child go through an untested gate. If there was a problem with it she could end up lost in the void. Then with the other transmission device, if the coordinates were wrong a person could end up inside of a mountain and very dead.

“We will use something else for the test.”

He smiled while snapping his fingers then out burst his familiar, the small dragon Bahamut. The creature was connected with him and would not die that easily. Even if it perished he could conjure it back up again or that was at least what Bob theorized. Its soul would return to his spiritual seed to slowly be nourished once again and be reborn.

His kids certainly were now more interested in the small dragon that their father created. He had not shown them it yet which caused their eyes to go wide. Bahamut was overjoyed after being summoned and gave out quite the cute little roar. This only caused his kids to be more interested in the friendly-looking creature.

“Oh right, this is Bahamut I guess this is something similar to a soul beast but not quite, he can really get big, I’ll show you after we get home okay?”

His dragon flew over to his children and gave each one a lick on the cheek. While Xiu giggled out of happiness Jun on the other hand didn’t appreciate his face being covered in slobber. It seemed that his familiar liked his kids which was mostly due to them having inherited his bloodline.

“Well then, I’ll contact the Argonaut and see if I can get Bahamut there!”

“GAO!”

Little Bahamut cheered out as if it was excited to go through the gate. It was time to have his people get over here to do some work.

47