Chapter 2 – Marielle
4.7k 13 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- --- Week 1 - Day 2 - Wednesday, 4th Day of the Seventh Month --- ---

It was another morning. It was another boring day. It was a day she had to fill.

She hoped she would not get a full breakfast again, and that her maid would let her out.

Pulling her Spellbook to her, she decided to change things a bit. She blushed when she saw the few erotic spells she knew and quickly went to check the next pages. Closet Pervert wanted her to test the spells in secret, Shy demanded her to switch pages before someone saw.

"My Lady, breakfast is ready." Her maid interrupted as she entered. Marielle hoped she had stopped blushing. At least this time it seemed to be just a pancake, she hoped there was a lot of fruit inside, and not too much cream. Cream was tasty, but too much made it heavy.

It was a nice break from the heavier breakfasts. At least until she started eating and found the inside stuffed with cream, honey and chocolate sauce. It was far too sweet.
She just knew it would be another stomach-ache. Not from overeating this time, but from too much sweets.

It was so sweet she cringed.

It got worse when her maid started fretting because she was not eating. The soft yet firm breasts were pressed against her side, and her maids warm hand removed her spoon. She was gently but firmly fed the sweet monstrosity.

After being fed the sugary experiment from hell, she felt her stomach revolting. She wanted a lemon, a cringy, overly sour lemon. "Mistress it is time for the bath." However, there was no time for rest.

After the bath she sat carefully in bed, feeling like any movement might return the breakfast and make everyone fuss even more over her. She did not want that.

With a mental scream of annoyance at the cook, she turned her focus to the important part. A message from Elior.

She read it three times to make sure she missed nothing. Her poor House Kairan counterpart was unlucky.

"Bad news Mistress?" Her cowgirl maid asked worried.

"No, just news from Elior about Lady Zaria." She decided to share it. "She changed a lot. She is an albino foxgirl now. Her personal memories are gone however, knowledge seems to remain. Her actions seem to be mostly based on feelings."

"That seems unfortunate; at least she still knows some things."

"She recognized only her familiar by name. Elior is unsure how to proceed." Marielle tapped the letter. "She probably has more information that she did not share with me. Maybe she has sent it to my father."

"Will you ask the Duke for it?"

"No, I will try to make a picture with what she sends me." The frail girl made a helpless smile. "She is probably trying to protect me and prevent me from getting my hope up."

"Very well my Lady. I guess it is too early to schedule a meeting."

"Probably." The frail girl responded. "And Elior called her a tease."

The maid then gave the letter a curious glance. "That does not sound like Lady Elior."

"It makes me very curious." And for Elior to call someone a tease after only one day, meant that their meeting and interactions were really intense. She wondered what kind of tease her counterpart was.

------

Her thoughts returned regularly to the letter over the next hours.

Her thoughts came to a halt at lunch. She had asked for something sour. What awaited her was a salad drenched in vinegar, meat covered in lemon, and a glass of pure freshly pressed lemon juice. She understood that the cook was an earl's son and therefore politics played a role. But why did he have to overdo everything?

She wanted to escape. But all exit routes were blocked by hopeful looking staff. Everyone wanted her to eat up.

She really needed to learn teleportation soon. Only as overprotective as everyone was, she had no chance to level. She wanted an adventure, even if it was unsafe.

------

She had beaten the foe. Her stomach was feeling as if lunch was trying to dissolve it. Marielle wanted to ask for a snack to calm that mess. But eating more was impossible. Her complexion was bad enough that she had been ordered to rest again.

After a bit of pondering she wrote to her acquaintances, she had no idea when she would be allowed to hold another meeting, or rather so called tea party.

She froze. She had started penning a letter to Lady Zaria. She had no idea what to write. Mentioning the ordeal seemed wrong. Casual talk about the weather seemed too trivial. She did not know a lot about the new Zaria. With old Zaria she could have tried to write about spells maybe.

Did she even have her class anymore? Formerly she had been a wizard. Now however? Elior had made no mention. But she had recognized her familiar. "Noemy, the book on arcane basics please."

"Yes Mistress."

Marielle started browsing the book. Sorcerers and wizards had familiars. Bards, warmages, and other arcanists could gain a familiar by feat. That was less helpful than she expected. It made her wonder where her familiar had escaped to again. At least it was not limited to a room and being brought everywhere. She felt a small spike of jealousy. It was irrational. She knew that.

She could not help it.

She decided she needed a good nice cry in the evening when she was alone. She was a prisoner. Without a guard like Elior she was just a prisoner. Even then, her life was very limited. She needed permission for everything that required physical effort.

A nice long frustrated cry sounded good. She would feel bad afterwards, since her life was much better than that of many others, like those in the slums she had read about.

She kept complaining about her cook, but others did not even have enough food to feed themselves or their children.

Now she had managed to depress herself.

------

Teatime was good today. A nice cheesecake with some slightly bitter black tea. It had helped settle her stomach some more.

She just had to fight for her right to use the toilet afterwards. Bedpans were embarrassing. Her maid had seen her naked a lot. But being helped to do that and being wiped afterwards? No, that was mortifying.

Showing that to her maid and have Noemy touch her there? Last time she had felt the touches for hours afterwards and had made a wet spot on the bed, and the sticky nightgown had felt terrible afterwards.

Alone on the toilet Marielle felt the blush and the tingle. She wondered if others like Zaria had that problem.

After all, did she remember how to use the toilet, or how to use the bath?

Or did she require help and being touched all the time.

Marielle finished or Neomy would check on her again. By entering the toilet. It had happened before after all.

------

She finished the letters and threw the one to Lady Zaria away. She did not have enough information. Her books were of no help. How do you write someone who lost all memories, changed race, and changed colour.
Marielle froze; maybe she had something she could write about. It would require some research first.

She made a list of books and topics. She doubted there was a book on albinism, so that book on skin types, the books on races, the book on skin conditions, the book on physical flaws. After some thought she, added books she remembered on flaws, mental conditions, and mental health. She would have to check first, but she could probably try to connect that way. Maybe she should mention her own issues too.

The cowgirl looked with a gentle smile at her mistress; it was good to see her motivated. Now if it only were not over books, her mistress needed to do more than just read books.

Spoiler

Cowgirl Maid Noemy rolls Int DC 10
1d20 + 1 = (8) + 1 = 9
Int roll failed
Cowgirl Maid Noemy failed to see the irony of her statement

[collapse]

Two hours later had her mistress surrounded by many books. She was taking notes after quickly looking through various books. It was a shame she had to be interrupted. "Mistress, dinner is ready."

"Eh? Ah, it is already that time." Marielle looked out the Window. "I guess time flies when you research."

------

He pondered the letter from Elior. And the things she already knew about the reincarnated daughter of his Kairan counterpart.

-) changed race to foxgirl
-) turned albino
-) lost memories
-) has knowledge did not have before
-) acted based on feelings
-) feelings were often based on past experiences
-) still remembered her spellbook
-) recognized her familiar
-) self-proclaimed Shrine Maiden of Tamano no Mae
-) self-proclaimed epic
-) chaotic
-) a tease

He checked the list again. It looked to be a lot, but actually could be summed up in a few points. No memories so feelings were guiding her, or instincts. Got a second class added by a chaotic goddess that was a tease. Was influenced by her connection to her goddess.

Nothing on how friendly she was, her motivations, what drove her? If that one liked his daughter, probably a protective epic shrine maiden and wizard multiclass that would endlessly tease his shy girl. If the two clashed however. His imagination showed his daughter huddling in a corner of her room, crying after a series of vicious pranks, or worse cursed.

He would put a decision off. He clearly needed more information.

------

Marielle had a moment of hope, before reality came crashing down. Dinner was aspic, sour aspic. The gelatine was cooled and sour from lemon juice, the peas and meat tasted like they had been boiled in vinegar.

It was awful.

She wondered if her pocket money was sufficient to hire an assassin.

She would try to say nothing about the food tomorrow. Maybe then, it would be normal.

She shifted in her bed. It was time for a nice long cry. Cry for the unfairness of life, hers and others.

She wished someone or something would save her.


Glossary has D&D 3.5 Game and Rule Information
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/69709/lets-explore-and-enjoy/glossary/
Discord Link
https://discord.gg/chtmk3t
Character Sheets
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sJdLJ_NUhYLzvsVnnyeNTjpE-X5ksjBw?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Dramatis Personae (quick Character overview on who, where, what, contains spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEHE2l_FYYl6Q2iaj6e3BQmbbHpnZIAVja59T4i-xM/edit?usp=sharing
Timeline (which mc did what where and when, massive spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TD7tSrDjTnwvTyqV3OtvJzoxzxzLtvhlZY3LtGplkvI/edit?usp=sharing

[collapse]

Actually, a well-made aspic is delicious, the sour version is polish summer dish (that I personally don't like), the spicy version is fun, there are almost meat only versions, vegetable versions, and almost only gelatin versions. There are versions I really like.

New poll, just to add flavour to Marielle's background. If for example little sister does a landslide Victory, she will get 2 little sisters. I will try to make something from the mess this poll will become. Real plot impact is negligible, but slice of life impact will be high.
Multi-Poll: Marielle's family situation is what? A: 1 vote; B: 2 votes; C: 2 vote
A-1: No Mother (like other MC's)
A-2: She has a nice Stepmother.
A-3: She has the Evil Stepmother.
A-4: Stepmother who likes her a bit too much.
B-1: Randomly roll siblings.
B-2: Little sister.
B-3: Big Sister.
B-4: Oldest of many sisters.
B-5: Youngest of many sisters
B-6: Add more Sisters and Half Sisters!!!
B-7: Little Brother.
B-8: Big Brother.
B-9: Several overprotective brothers.
C-1: 0 Siblings
C-2: 1 Sibling
C-3: 2 Siblings
C-4: Many Siblings
C-5: includes Half Siblings
C-6: As above but they are siscons.

Multi-Poll: Marielle's family situation is what? A: 1 vote; B: 2 votes; C: 2 votes
  • A-1: No Mother (like other MC's) Votes: 14 8.2%
  • A-2: She has a nice Stepmother. Votes: 51 29.8%
  • A-3: She has the Evil Stepmother. Votes: 6 3.5%
  • A-4: Stepmother who likes her a bit too much. Votes: 105 61.4%
  • B-1: Randomly roll siblings. Votes: 38 22.2%
  • B-2: Little sister. Votes: 36 21.1%
  • B-3: Big Sister. Votes: 32 18.7%
  • B-4: Oldest of many sisters. Votes: 14 8.2%
  • B-5: Youngest of many sisters Votes: 54 31.6%
  • B-6: Add more Sisters and Half Sisters!!! Votes: 57 33.3%
  • B-7: Little Brother. Votes: 10 5.8%
  • B-8: Big Brother. Votes: 9 5.3%
  • B-9: Several overprotective brothers. Votes: 26 15.2%
  • C-1: 0 Siblings Votes: 11 6.4%
  • C-2: 1 Sibling Votes: 17 9.9%
  • C-3: 2 Siblings Votes: 33 19.3%
  • C-4: Many Siblings Votes: 61 35.7%
  • C-5: includes Half Siblings Votes: 41 24.0%
  • C-6: As above but they are siscons. Votes: 104 60.8%
Total voters: 171 · This poll was closed on Jun 17, 2020 07:17 PM.
82