Chapter 3 – Marielle
3.9k 25 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- --- Week 1 - Day 3 - Thursday, 5th Day of the Seventh Month --- ---

Marielle woke up with a feeling of trepidation. That feeling where you just knew a day would suck.

Get washed everywhere by the maid. Get dressed by the maid. Get served breakfast by the maid. Realize that your breakfast is out to kill you.

Sausage dripping with fat.
Bread smeared with a lot of butter.
Bacon strips glistening with the lard they had been fried with.

She felt her stomach scream in agony just from looking. She really wanted to run away and she silently prayed for help. However, her maid’s hopeful eyes were on her.

She was doomed.

------

One breakfast later she was holding her stomach that was in pain, again. It was a hopeless situation, she decided.

With difficulty she rose from the table and made for the gardens while her loyal and misguided cowgirl removed the remains of the 'for her' disastrous breakfast.

How much she cared was sweet in a certain way. But on the other hand, it was killing her. She hoped not literally.

After walking a bit, that being down the hall, she realized a walk in the gardens was a bit much. She turned down another hallway. She had snuck out, so she might as well enjoy the library for a bit.

After entering the large two-story room filled with shelves full of books, she felt much better. Today was a good day for continuing the unsorted section.

The first book was an incredibly biased human history. Books like that annoyed her and were meant for the 'to be discarded' pile

Number two was better. Talking about high level spells and possible uses.

The next book had her face aflame. A bard telling about his adventures and conquests. Of the carnal kind. It was crude and basically calling all women sluts. She put that into the 'to be discarded' pile.

The next one was a little better. The benefits of the races from a lesbian standpoint. Looking around she found herself still alone and she went further in.
The benefits of a catgirl’s rough tongue had her swoon. In addition, cats liked to be naked.
High elven fascination with all things anal and how sensitive they were there. Also, how much in denial the race tended to be of it.
The orgies halflings liked.
The sensitive ears of rabbits.
The lactating cowgirls. That stopped the noble. To be the exclusive drinker of a cowgirl’s milk meant you were her chosen or her lover. She suddenly wondered if she was being served her maids milk every evening. It was also very common to drink freshly from the breast.

The shy noble slammed the book shut. She was supposed to drink from the breast? From those huge and firm mountains? Impossible.

She took the book with two others. She would have to study cowgirls more, not just skim it. And from the looks of it, the author had written about a lot of adventures.

------

Back in her room she quickly hid the erotic book in her desk. She took a look at the third book she had randomly grabbed. From the title it was yet another travel journal. "The Misadventures of S'chii the Epic Black Cat." That sounded ominous. Misadventures could mean many things. Like having your party be eaten before your eyes. There was a mention in one of her books about a paladin being raped by a satyr in another. The less was said about elves and how much orcs loved elves the better. Carefully she skimmed the first page. It was a call to the audience about avoiding black cats and how much trouble a horny nekomata was.

Nekomata was a blessed race she remembered. With qualities above normal races. Offhand she couldn't remember them, but they were probably close to cats.

The journal was probably funny. The way the author wrote the introduction was both funny and exasperated about all the trouble a teasing black cat could cause.

She turned to the other book. "About the Unconventional use of Higher Spells"
Surprisingly the book had an index.
1: Spells for the Lazy
2: Spells for the Daily Life
3: Abusing Spells
4: Spells for the Careless
5: Spells that annoy Others
6: Spell to get your Peace and Quiet
7: Metamagic Abuse
8: Spells that are more useful than people think
9: Spells for Fun
10: Wish and Miracle: Limitations
This honestly sounded like an interesting and unconventional book. One worth studying in dept, even if spells per day were a limited resource.

"Mistress, lunch is ready in the dining room." Her cowgirl maid informed her pulling her from looking through her findings.

"Is father present?"

"The Master is present."

Marielle rose and followed.

At the table she wanted to run away.

A thick soup with pieces of meat and clearly very oily. Main dish was meat that was still dripping fat and potatoes that had been poured over with the fatty sauce. Where was her salad?

She bravely shouldered on. Her father was chatting about something. "And Elior sent a new letter today, she had it express delivered."

That caught her attention enough for her to hurriedly suffer through the food and get the letter.

------

Feeling sick and bloated she rubbed her painful stomach. She ordered lemon water to hopefully relax the heavy feeling a bit.

With a feeling of trepidation, she opened the letter with the silver letter opener and pulled the message out.

She read it.

She looked at her books after she was done.

"That makes no sense."

She decided to read it again.

People did not simply change class after dying. People did not suddenly become epic after dying, loose experience, sure. Deleveling was also common with reincarnation, as was a race change.

Becoming an epic shrine maiden was not normal!

From the letter she gathered that her fellow Lady was now a kitsune, the memory loss still applied. She was epic according to Elior, she had an arctic fox a familiar, she now had a bunny as a sex pet, and she was a total tease that was probably not just teasing. She was also protective of those that caught her attention. Finally, she was very anti-racist.

Marielle blushed.

Being Epic was fine. Suddenly having all that new knowledge and power in return for her memories?

Marielle knew that gods were sometimes whimsical, she wondered what Zaria had done to gather attention of that one that was known for being as random as they come.

Spoiler

Marielle rolls Knowledge (Religion)
1d20 + 7 = (16) + 7 = 23
Marielle rolls Knowledge (History)
1d20 + 7 = (13) + 7 = 20
Marielle rolls Spellcraft
1d20 + 9 = (2) + 9 = 11
Marielle rolls Knowledge (Arcana)
1d20 + 9 = (9) + 9 = 18

[collapse]

With a mental whimper she discarded her current research. Race was not a foxgirl as they had thought, but she had turned into a kitsune, a blessed race. She was still a wizard, as proven by the Circle of Teleportation. After some searching, she found a reference to the spell. It was a Spell Level 9 spell. She was also proven a shrine maiden, she had healed the fluffies, as she had called them.

Something felt off about it.

She checked the books on higher spells. Then she checked several more books.

The Teleportation Circle or Circle of Teleportation was Spell Level 9, but a modified one by metamagic was at least Spell Level 10. But it was an arcane spell, meaning it could not be cast with the shrine maiden class. And she doubted that her counterpart had an enlarged Teleportation circle prepared on a whim.

That meant spontaneous cast.

Shrine Maiden could spontaneously cast, but not the Teleportation Circle, that meant something was still off.

What was going on?

Marielle was sure of one thing; her counterpart was hiding a lot more. She tried to gleam more from Elior's letters. The cleric was rather serious and straight forward. She tried reading between the lines.

Spoiler

Marielle rolls Sense Motive
1d20 + 5 = (4) + 5 = 9
Marielle fails to gleam more from the letter

[collapse]

Aside from the rather un Elior letter itself, she was not sure what was going on, the kitsune had clearly flustered the cleric.

She researched some more. Sorcerer had the familiar, the circle of Teleportation, and was a spontaneous caster. It fit all requirements, if you disregarded levels.

She rubbed her temples. It made no sense; even whimsical gods did not hand out levels like sweets usually.

"Mistress, are you alright?" The worried cowgirl asked.

"I am alright Noemy, it is just … my reincarnated counterpart makes no sense!"

The maid was taken aback at the very uncharacteristic outburst. "Moo?"

"Weird enough she is a kitsune now, she became an epic shrine maiden of Tamano no Mae and has at least one more class at epic level, probably a Sorcerer."

"Tamano-sama?"

"Yes, in return for all personal memories she is now epic, at least twice."

"Tamano-sama was feeling playful?"

"That makes no sense."

"Tamano-sama does not act logically Mistress."

"Do you pray to her?"

"No, my deity is Milka-sama." The cowgirl then seemed to remember something. "It is time for dinner, actually Mistress."

"No thank you, all this heavy food and this letter have killed my appetite."

"As you wish Mistress."

"I want a relaxing bath, and I will sleep on it."

Marielle was confused. Her counterpart was impossible, she was not explainable by normal methods. She did not make sense by normal rules.

At least she had a good excuse to not eat dinner.

Very confused Marielle went to bed.

Her thoughts were filled with teasing, sexual, overleveled kitsune.


Glossary has D&D 3.5 Game and Rule Information
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/69709/lets-explore-and-enjoy/glossary/
Discord Link
https://discord.gg/chtmk3t
Character Sheets sorted by Chapters
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vzsM3kW_dXlHtbA6lrqL2YJW42L52esY?usp=sharing
Current Character Sheets and Various other Sheets
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sJdLJ_NUhYLzvsVnnyeNTjpE-X5ksjBw?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Dramatis Personae (quick Character overview on who, where, what, contains spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEHE2l_FYYl6Q2iaj6e3BQmbbHpnZIAVja59T4i-xM/edit?usp=sharing
Timeline (which mc did what where and when, massive spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TD7tSrDjTnwvTyqV3OtvJzoxzxzLtvhlZY3LtGplkvI/edit?usp=sharing
Current Character Sheets and Various other Sheets
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sJdLJ_NUhYLzvsVnnyeNTjpE-X5ksjBw?usp=sharing

[collapse]

Wow, Marielle figured out more than I expected. Much more actually.
This will make meeting Zaria later on really amusing. To Marielle Zaria is a walking impossibility.

Next chapter is 80% into the draft stage.
Then comes editing and feedback.
So, it shouldn't take more than a few days.

Poll: Marielle needs a familiar
1: Cat (+3 Move Silently)
2: Fox (+2 Reflex saves)
3: Hare (+3 Listen)
4: Owl (+3 Spot (dark))
5: Owl, snowy (+3 Move Silently)
6: Rabbit (+3 Listen)
7: Raven (+3 Appraise, speaks)
8: Snake, tiny viper (+3 Bluff)
9: Squirrel (+2 Reflex saves)
10: Squirrel (+3 Jump)

Marielle needs a familiar: Race and Gender
  • A-1: Cat (+3 Move Silently) Votes: 17 13.1%
  • A-2: Fox (+2 Reflex saves) Votes: 16 12.3%
  • A-3: Hare (+3 Listen) Votes: 6 4.6%
  • A-4: Owl (+3 Spot (dark)) Votes: 2 1.5%
  • A-5: Owl, snowy (+3 Move Silently) Votes: 26 20.0%
  • A-6: Rabbit (+3 Listen) Votes: 9 6.9%
  • A-7: Raven (+3 Appraise, speaks) Votes: 30 23.1%
  • A-8: Snake, tiny viper (+3 Bluff) Votes: 18 13.8%
  • A-9: Squirrel (+2 Reflex saves) Votes: 8 6.2%
  • A-10: Squirrel (+3 Jump) Votes: 2 1.5%
  • B-1: Male Votes: 13 10.0%
  • B-2: Female Votes: 102 78.5%
Total voters: 130 · This poll was closed on May 9, 2020 12:34 PM.
76