Prologue 1
15k 8 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Disclaimer: I do not own D&D 3.5, this is mostly clean D&D story. We did add some custom races and such over time. This is a LitRpg and will have lots of the pen and paper elements. I will give readers story progress choices now and then too. I am not using a specific campain setting since I don't want to bother rereading all the historical lore.

In a hidden laboratory a figure was standing before a crystal tube, inside was a red liquid. In the murky red liquid something was floating.

"Soon you will be ready." The figure spoke in the empty room.

The figure inside the tube did not move.

"A fully sentient homunculus in a humanoid form." A lot of work had gone into it. "Finally one has survived." A hand is placed on the crystal. "You were given so many races, so many choices. Which one are you? What will you be like? Will have your former memories? Will you be ready or will you be like a child that has to learn everything?"
A long moment passes.
"I guess blood will tell, whoose blood is the strongest? You were given a lot of blood, maybe this is the answer to the question who has the purest or strongest blood."

------

True life cannot be created at the hands of man.
True life cannot be bred without adding a spark of life.

True life needs a soul.

Now a vessel was made, it still was not finished.
No matter what mortals thought, simply growing a body did not allow it to spark a soul.
Mortals could not create a true soul that could learn, that could grow.

A soul from some dead had it's own shape, it is why possesion destroyed bodies.

However, a soul from someone dead, could be granted a new body.

Amusingly there was a biased soul at hand.

Giving it the spark of rebirth, memories retained and inserted into the vessel the mortals had prepared.

Calling it an avatar was a bit much, however this one could be fun.

A soul was tied to the hommunculus.

The merge begann.

------

Something changed.

The project was growing stronger.

It was clearly magical. There was the both the touch of the divine and the touch of the arcane on it.
It was even visible to Sense Living Creature now.
It was clearly growing.

Soon it would rise.

"I am waiting, soon you will rise. Finally I will see what you are!"

 

Poll Description: 2 picks allowed.
1: Old mage made his Masterwork: Now our Protagonist gets kicked out since the mage wants to grow a new one to verify the results. Explorer and random adventures.
2: The Duke needs a replacement for his dead Daughter who died with his wife. Otome Game Setting as the Villianess replacement. (Yes a D&D 3.5 Otome is possible. Heroine will be reincarnated but a normal character.) Expect humor, missunderstandings and heroine POVs.
3: Overly rich duke wanted the perfect loyal guard and maid for his daughter. What he gets might be different. Accademy Arc with humour and not caring about the nobility.
4: A General waiting for his ultimate weapon to awake. Nope, not interested in war, sorry the lab got broken during the escape. being hunted by a nation is annoying.
5: Any of the above but with the unofficial sex Rules Books Applied. A darker and more erotic world, where the hommunculus goes for the yuri, and lots of unwanted attention from many races and genders.

Who is the one waiting for the creation to Awake
  • 1: Old mage made his Masterwork Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 2: The Duke needs a replacement for his dead Daughter who died with his wife. Votes: 17 30.9%
  • 3: Overly rich duke wanted the perfect loyal guard and maid for his daughter. Votes: 25 45.5%
  • 4: A General waiting for his ultimate weapon to awake. Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 5: Any of the above but with the unofficial sex Rules Books Applied. Votes: 29 52.7%
Total voters: 55 · This poll was closed on Dec 29, 2019 12:30 PM.
153