1ST GEAR – SPEED BATTLE RULEBOOK
541 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1ST GEAR – SPEED BATTLE RULEBOOK

*FOR THE START OF THE STORY, PLEASE PROCEED TO THE 2ND CHAPTER*

[Definition of Terms]

Speed Battle - is a terrestrial sport in which two mages utilize spells and compete over who can obtain the most points within 12 minutes. It is a mixed-gender outdoor sport that is played in a field with three Checkpoint Towers.

Sudden Death Speed Battle - is played with one Checkpoint Tower with a time limit of five minutes. Whoever scores the first point wins.

Speedmage – a magus who plays Speed Battles. Speedmages are divided into three different playstyles: Striker, Speedster, and Counter.

Speed Spells – a form of magic that is cast by the Speedmage to enhance speed or disrupt the opposing players.

Navigator – off-field personnel that offers advice to the Speedmage player during Speed Battles.

Triangle – the field where Speedmages conduct Speed battles. It consists of three Checkpoint Towers which are 500 meters apart from each other to form a triangle.

Touch – An action where a Speedmage touches the Checkpoint Tower to score a point.

Strike – An action where a Speedmage strikes the opposing player’s back to score a point.

Checkpoint Tower – a magical tower that glows when touched by a Speedmage.

Magical Circle Point Indicator – a magical circle that appears when a Speedmage strikes the opponent’s back to indicate a point.

Repel – a magical barrier reaction resulting from two Speedmage colliding.

Yield – An action where a Speedmage gives up on reaching the next Checkpoint Tower and decides to ambush the other player. Often conducted by Strikers.

Striker Class Speedmage – a Speedmage that specializes in control. They mainly score a point by striking their opponent’s back.

Speedster Class Speedmage – a Speedmage that specializes in top speed. They mainly score a point by touching the Checkpoint Towers.

Counter Class Speedmage – a Speedmage that has average control and top speed. They rely on spells to counter their opponents and either touch the Checkpoint Tower or strike the opponent’s back to score a point.

Note: A Striker Class Speedmage can still touch checkpoint towers to score a point, and a Speedster Class Speedmage can still strike the opponent’s back to score a point. Speedmages are not confined to their classifications.

[FIELD REGULATIONS]

  1. The playing field consists of 3 Checkpoint towers placed to form a triangle. Each checkpoint tower is connected by a hologram broken line which is numbered after their respective towers.
  2. To play, Speedmages with competitive shoes and suits are required. The competitive shoes serve as spell catalysts while the competitive suits include a built-in magical barrier to protect the player.

[PLAYING REGULATIONS]

  1. Matches are played one-on-one and the player with the most points after 12 minutes wins. If the scores end up with a draw, the Speed Battle will turn into a sudden death match where the next player to score the point wins.
  2. There are two ways to score- the first method is to touch a Checkpoint Tower, and the second method is to strike the opponent’s back. Speedmages must race clockwise and can stop or move backward as long as they do not pass the previous Checkpoint Tower. Behind Speedmages may yield touching Checkpoint Towers and ambush the opposing player anywhere in the Triangle.
  3. Before the start of the match, the Speedmages take a position on the 1st Checkpoint Tower. Once the whistle is blown, the players must race and touch the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. Striking the opponent’s back before reaching the 2nd Checkpoint Tower results in a foul.
  4. Once a player has scored a point, he or she is now allowed to strike the opponent’s back.
  5. The order of touching Checkpoint Towers must be clockwise, mainly from 2nd to 3rd then to 1st, and then back to 2nd.
  6. Once the whistle is blown, it concludes the end of the match.

[VIOLATIONS]

  1. Speedmages cannot strike their opponents before the first Checkpoint Tower has been tagged. This constitutes a foul that deducts 1 point from the violator.
  2. Speedmages cannot use offensive spells as they may injure the opposing player. This constitutes a foul that deducts 1 point from the violator.
  3. Speedmages cannot use any weapon of any kind, but they can use mana-based projected weapons as long as it is not used for offense. Using weapons for offensive purposes results in the ejection of the violator.
10