78TH GEAR – LET’S GO TO THE EDGE OF YOUR DREAMS
32 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

78TH GEAR - LET’S GO TO THE EDGE OF YOUR DREAMS

I’ve thought about it long and hard last night and even this morning. I used my deduction skills to figure out what Flu is going to do with me with a tracksuit- She will have me run laps around a Triangle, the same way I did to her in every day of practice.

Sure, I am a demonic coach and made their lives a lot agonizing, but I never would have thought that Flu would be punishing me. It would be understandable if it was Useless Prez who gets to torture me with practice, but I never thought that Flu would be that of a vengeance person.

Actually, I’m a bit impartial about my hypothesis. Flu may or may not punish me as she is not that kind of person. I’ll just see it for myself.

After lunch.

The weather is nice, and the clouds are occasionally blocking the sun. Autumn has started, and the ocean breeze has started to get cooler. There are only little to no people at the beach at this point.

I am all set with my tracksuit, and some spare clothes on my backpack. I looked at my pocket watch as I walked around the beachfront, but then I was surprised when a soft voice called out to me.

“Good afternoon, Coach!” Flu said.

“Uwaaaah!” I cried as I accidentally threw away my pocket watch and fell on the soft sand with my butt!

“Waaaaaaah!” Flu shrieked when she was surprised by my scream!

Flu managed to juggle my pocket watch two to three times before finally catching it. Then she bent over and offered it right in front of me.

“H-Here! I-I’m sorry if I startled you again! Tahahaha!” Flu gave a dumb laugh.

I just noticed that Flu was already on her Speedmage Suit. She still looks alluring as ever even if I have been seeing her in that clothing almost every day. The white, pink, and black colors still give her a cute and badass aura.

“I-It’s fine,” I said as I recovered my pocket watch from her palms. I stood up and wiped the grains of sand stuck on my back. “So, what’s our agenda for today?”

“Let’s go to the Eastern Islands! I want to show you something!” Flu energetically pumped her fists and pressed her face forward. Her blue puppy eyes sparkled as they looked through my eyes.

“C-Can you tell me first what are we going to do today? You’re making me nervous.”

“You’ll see once we get there!” Flu said.

“No, tell me first.”

“Hnnngh!” Flu pouted with blushing cheeks. “We’re going to have a Speed Battle.”

Speed Battle? In the Eastern Islands? I thought that place is too rural to have that kind of sport? I mean, Fluonessia had zero knowledge about it back when she was stuck on that island. I don’t even think magical soft drink retailers have ever reached that place! Is her hometown finally getting civilized?

“Come, take my hand!” Flu energetically offered her palms. “Let’s run to the edge of the world!”

“R-Right.” I smiled wryly as I took her hand. I’m getting more confused about what is going on, but I decided to submit and go with the flow.

“Stardust Accel!”

<>

We dashed through the ocean at almost lightspeed until we reached the Eastern Islands. However, unlike the other times we went here, she did not stop at the coast. She continued running in the opposite direction from the town square.

With the power of Stardust Accel, we trekked through a steep mountain forest until we finally reached the top of a wide flat plateau filled with soft green grass and wilted flowers. Since it’s autumn, the pinkish-white flower petals have filled almost fifty percent of the plateau.

Flu finally put on her brakes when we reached a wide flat grassy ground on top of the mountain. I bet this plateau is hectares wide so that it can fit an arena here. From this height, I can see the mainland on the west. But in the north, east, and south, there is nothing but the vast blue ocean.

“Welcome to the edge of the world!” Flu said as she raised both of her arms in celebration.

“W-Wooooow…”

The soft breeze made some of the pinkish-white petals on the floor fly away. I first thought they were butterflies.

I can’t prevent myself from smiling. I have never seen a great view like this, not even in my wildest imagination. This plateau looks like the only remaining place on this planet that was never tainted by a magical revolution. Everything here is in harmony with nature and peace. I feel like I could just lie down on this grass and sleep in a matter of three seconds.

“Coach!”

“Yes, yes, coach here.”

Flu kissed her index finger and smiled with a blush. “This is our secret place! Do not tell anyone, okay?”

My cheeks went beet red upon seeing Flu’s cuteness. Sharing a trivial but exclusive secret with her makes me want to burst out with joy.

“Y-Yes!” I nodded.

I walked around and smelled the fresh air. My feet brushed on the fallen petals and the smooth short grass. I looked at Flu running around with airplane hands as if she were a kid. I would have joined her blissful act if I was not aware that I am an eighteen-year-old man.

“So, where’s the Speed Battle at?” I asked.

“O-Oh!” Flu stopped running like an idiot and then turned to me. “We will do it here!”

“Are you sure? Who are you going to play against?”

I saw Flu turn into a proud smirk; something she was not able to do in a long time.

“I will play against you, Coach!”

“H-Huh?” I cringed and tilted my head in confusion. “Are you nuts?”

“M-Maybe! Tahahaha!” Flu scratched her head with a forced laugh.

“Is this your idea of a prank?” I said coldly.

“N-No! I’m serious about it!” Flu immediately pumped her fists and turned serious.

“So tell me, how am I going to play a Speed Battle if I am not a mage?” I asked.

Flu went back to her confident smile and clapped her chest.

“I have been studying and practicing a spell that can transfer mana to another person. And when I discovered Stardust magic, I saw some windows of modification that not only transfer mana but also mimic magical circuits to another human being.”

My eyes went wide open upon hearing this revelation. My jaws dropped in surprise, and goosebumps jolted through my whole body.

“W-Wait, does that mean…”

“Yes!” Flu smiled with joy. “I can temporarily grant you magical circuits based on my body!”

Flu immediately approached me and grabbed my right wrist. Then, she touched my heart with her right hand. Soon, she put my right hand on her chest to feel her beating heart.

“This might sting a bit, but you will be fine. Just synchronize your breathing with me, okay?” Flu happily said.

I found myself trusting Flu’s words. She has grown a lot not only as a Speedmage but also as a person. She is holding the key to my dreams- to become a magus and be able to cast magic for the very first time.

Flu heaved, inhaling fresh air. I did the same thing, and I felt that my heart was beating like a boombox. I can also feel Flu's heartbeats through my fingertips. Flu exhaled, and I did the same. As we executed the exercise repeatedly, we closed our eyes.

“Hooo… Haaa… Hooo… Haaa…”

After a series of soft breaths, Flu started chanting. A swift pain in my heart sparked that echoed throughout my nerves.

“Constructing Temporary Magical Circuits set. Mana transfer at 50% of total capacity. Experience Duplication complete. Mana Link Synchron, activate!”

I felt my brain implode as mana flowed through my veins. I felt energized and every cell of my body was tingling. The warmth sensation of Flu’s mana that envelopes my whole body became the only thing I can feel.

“You can open your eyes now, Jonathan.”

When I opened my eyes, I saw Flu’s kind and adoring smile. I felt that my body has been revitalized as if I had just drank coffee, cola, and energy drinks in a matter of minutes. I looked at my hand and I can see a transparent red aura.

“T-This is…”

“Mana! You now have magical circuits, Coach!” Flu giggled. She took a step backward and then pumped her fists. “Now, use any speed spell you like!”

I gritted my teeth in excitement. I clenched my fists and then felt the mana flowing on my fingertips. I touched my rubber shoes, and then shouted out loud my very first speed spell!

“Wind Accel!”

Wind blasted all around me, as green wind revolved to each of my feet! I squeezed my buttocks, bent my knees, and then took my very first step as a Speedmage!

Swoosh!

Pinkish-white petals flew away as I dashed forward at extreme speed! Green wind contrails followed me wherever I went, and made twists and turns to try out my maneuvers!

“Wooooohooooo!” I cried with joy as I spread out my arms as I run at superspeed! “I did it! I did it! I can use speed spells!”

“I’m so happy for you, Coach!” Flu cried out loud. Then she started to run and match my speed! “Stardust Accel!”

Green and sparkling pink contrails raced through the edges of the plateau. We did some zigzags, sharp U-turns, and drifts in this wide-open area of grass and flowers. We saw different landscapes of the Eastern Islands as we had this awesome joyride!

Flu is leading the joyride with her far superior Stardust Accel. While she was busy running around, I had this evil idea to strike her back! I reached out my hand and swiped her from the rear!

“Horeyaaaah!”

Bzzzt!

“Gah!” I was launched back due to the magical barrier’s repelling effect! “Wait, what?”

“Tahahaha!” Flu laughed as soon as she saw through my evil plan. “You can’t score just by touching my back! You have to pour mana on your fingertips before you strike! Just like this!”

Flu showed to me her gloved hand, and her fingertips are coated with glittery pink magical energy. Then, she used a Stardust Trampoline to immediately change her trajectory and go towards my back! And then-

“Yaaaaah!” Flu swiped my rear using her mana-coated fingers!

Beep! There was a pink magical circle point indicator!

“Point for Fluonessia! 1:0! Tahahaha!” Flu giggled as she ran away at superspeed! “Try to catch me now, Coach!”

“I won’t lose!” I roared as I tried to chase the person who granted my dream!

2