91ST GEAR – PIGGYBACK ACCEL IS THE BEST!
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

91ST GEAR - PIGGYBACK ACCEL IS THE BEST!

Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

The referee blows the whistle, indicating the end of the most epic Speed Battle I have ever participated in and witnessed.

“Match over! The score is 202:182! The winner is Fluonessia Asahime!”

The crowd went wild upon hearing the announcement. Everybody clapped, most of them cheered, and some hopped with joy. I just realized that the Merry Knights training grounds have been populated by students and teachers even from other clubs. The Journalist Club started taking their pictures with annoying flashes, the Cheerleading Club danced in celebration of Vincent’s final Speed Battle, and the Fireworks Club magus started casting their noisy explosive spells.

I would easily mistake this for a festival if I was not involved in this activity.

I looked beside me, and I saw Justine sighing in relief. He removed his telepathic headset and then smiled at me.

“Good game. You and Fluonessia gave the best Speed Battle we have ever fought.” Justine lent out his hand.

“Nice fight. Let’s play again if destiny permits us to cross paths in the future.” I said as I took his hand and shook it.

I looked back at the Triangle and saw my girlfriend and my old best friend shaking their hand as a form of sportsmanship. Then, with their respective Accel-type speed spells, they rushed back towards the viewing deck where navigators like Justine, me, and the VIPs are situated.

“Haaaaah…” Flu gave a relieved sigh. She has exhausted her physical, mental, and magical strengths that I can feel her energy fading. She might fall asleep any second now.

The first ones to welcome Flu were Ericka and Cruzo.

“Uwoooooooooogh! You are so awesome right there, Flu! You showed us the true meaning of determination, guts, and love! Uwoooooooogh!” Cruzo cried as he repeatedly pumped his fists.

“I am so proud of you, Flu! Finally, somebody from the Merry Knights defeated that smug teleporting chicken! I love love love you, Flu!” Ericka’s crimson-purple eyes gave a hint of tears as she jumped and hugged the exhausted Fluonessia.

“Tahahaha! It was just luck!” Flu gave an embarrassed laugh as she scratched her head. I guess she is still as humble as ever.

Vincent smiled as he watch the Merry Knights celebrate. He crossed his arms and then nodded as if he is thinking of something inside his head. He noticed me staring at him, so he gave me a satisfied beam.

“Thank you, Jon, for doing the impossible. Now that you two have defeated me, there is no doubt in my mind that you will win the National Speedmage Tournament. However…”

“However?” I tilted my head.

“Lilith Nightshade is another story. Fluonessia Asahime may be the fastest woman alive, but that witch has dirty tricks and tactics on their sleeves. Speed Battles cannot be won by speed alone. Watch out for her and that old gay vampire.” Vincent said.

“That is my job as a coach and a navigator, so you do not have to tell me,” I said with a smile.

“Heh. Of course, you will beat them too.” Vincent scoffed.

The Ex-Speedmage Champion looked at the towers, the medieval-style buildings, and the grounds of Saint Crusade Academy through the edge of the viewing deck. He saw the students, the teachers, and the other Speedmages cheering for him and waving their hands at them. His die-hard fans are still supporting him even at the bitter end.

I stood near at the railing while Vincent beside me waved his hands to the crowd.

“You know, I will miss this place. But you lovebirds gave me satisfaction in my entire existence. I no longer have any regrets… except for one thing.” Vincent muttered.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I would have wanted you to become my coach and my navigator. I bet we will beat everyone with ease, even that wretched witch and homosexual vampire.”

“I am sure will work great as a team.” I scoffed. “We’re like peas in a pod.”

“I’m faster.” Vincent laughed.

“I’m smarter,” I smirked.

“I’m more handsome,” Vincent added.

“I got a bigger dick,” I answered.

Both of us exchanged laughs for quite some time.

I remembered something out of the blue and reached for the pocket of my varsity jacket. I withdrew a box and opened it right in front of Vincent’s face. It was a metallic sword-shaped pendant that he gave back to me when we got reunited in the training camp months ago.

“I know you stole it from me back when we were a kid, but now I am giving it to you. Keep it as a memento from me, and remember the one who caught Vincent the Teleporter with his Cannonball Butt Smack in the hot springs.” I smiled.

“Thanks,” Vincent said as he took the box and hid it in his jacket.

All of a sudden, a magical airship hovered right above the Merry Knights' training grounds. It is a private aircraft owned by Vincent’s father, and the attendant is giving a hand sign to Vincent and Justine. Then, the magical airship dropped a rope for the brothers to cling into.

“Looks like our ride has come,” Vincent said.

The Merry Knights dispersed and looked at the floating magitech airship. Flu on the other hand focused her eyes on the two brothers who roped themselves on the airship that started to raise altitude.

“Farewell, Jon. Farewell, Miss Asahime. Let’s have a Speed Battle the next time we meet. It will be a revenge match.” Vincent said as he waved goodbye.

“Bye-bye, Mister Vincent! Bye-bye, Mister Justine! I will continue my training and become the National Speedmage Champion!” Flu energetically waved her hand with a smile on her face.

The airship started to soar much higher in the skies, going to the northeast. It took only seconds before the airship became a small dot in the middle of the endless blue skies. That was quite an exit for an Ex-Speedmage Champion like Vincent.

The Merry Knights Training Grounds started to be silent. Crowds started to disperse as the greatest unofficial Speed Battle has come to an end, and now there are only Flu and I left in this viewing deck. Ericka and Cruzo are checking the Checkpoint Towers and other equipment, so we are alone.

“Jonathaaaan~” Flu asked with her soft voice.

“Yeeeees?” I mocked her with my version of soft voice.

“C-Can you carry me to the changing room?” Flu gave a dumb smile as she shyly scratched her head. “I kind of injured myself out there, tehehehe!”

“Wait, what’s the matter? Are you okay?” I asked in a worried tone.

“I sprained my wrist. I have cramps in my leg. I also feel that my shoulders are stiff. Some of my muscles suffered from mana burn. I also think I’m pregnant.”

The sprained wrist can be explained by excessive touching of Checkpoint Towers and striking the opponent’s back. The cramps on her leg were probably caused by her jumping on her trampoline spells. Her stiff shoulders may have been caused by Vincent’s repeated strikes at her back. The mana burns on her muscles were due to her overly exerting magic and doing big speed spells. 

...But that pregnancy came out of nowhere!

“Stop teasing me, we haven’t even done it yet!” I cried.

“Tahahaha! I’m just joking.” Flu chuckled like a princess and then she clasped her hand. “But can you carry me to the changing room? Pretty please?”

That praying gesture mixed with her puppy blue eyes made me realize how adorable my girlfriend is even though she is quite the monster in Speed Battles. She may be strong, but she is still dependent on me. It makes me proud of my very existence.

So I crouched and offered my back to my girlfriend to ride on.

“Yay! Piggyback!” Flu hopped onto my back, which creaked my spine a little! “Go! Go! Fweeeeet!”

“Hey, I thought you were injured!?” I cried. “And why are you mimicking a whistle?”

“Jonathan, use Piggyback Accel!” Flu pointed at our destination.

I can’t believe she still has the energy to be hyper! Anyway, I still carried her on a piggyback and delivered her to the changing room of our club building in a rush.

Flu injuries are not that severe. After she changed her clothes, I sprayed cold potions on her injuries and made her drink mana and stamina potions. I also gave her a saline solution energy drink to replenish her strength and help her rehydrate.

I also kissed her forehead for some placebo effect. That did nothing but make her blush though.

<>

The next day…

Classes have ended for a while now, and Flu and I are on the way to our guild building for some practice. I know we just defeated Vincent yesterday, but the National Speedmage Tournament is just six weeks from now. We have to train our hearts out until we are ready to face Lilith Nightshade.

But when we entered the Merry Knights building, we were surprised because of the guests.

Right at the center of the lobby are five Speedmages that are wearing white and blue varsity jackets. All these jackets bear the logo of Eaglecrest, so it does not take a genius to conclude that they are members of the Eaglecrest Guild. And at the center of these Eaglecrest Speedmages is none other than the big black macho President Levi Armstrong instead.

Ericka is confronting the Eaglecrest President while Cruzo is eating nachos at the front desk, watching how this encounter unfolds. I guess Cruzo is so focused on getting fat again, so he may be giving less crap about anything other than his love for Heffy.

“Why are you here, President of Eaglecrest?” Ericka crossed her arms and scrunched her face.

“I came here in peaceful terms, President Ericka… Or more specifically, Useless Prez,” Levi said with a smirk.

“Grrrr….” Ericka snarled.

At this moment, President Levi has noticed our presence. He turned to Flu and me and gave a smile.

“Oh, they are here,” Levi said. “Let’s cut to the chase as I do not want to spend much of my time here. I just wanted to give my proposal to you two, Jonathan Wardenorth and Fluonessia Asahime.”

“Are you going to resort back to your illegal tactics again, trying to take our coach and even our ace from this guild?” Ericka snarled.

“No, this one is different. I wanted to propose a Joint Guild Training between the Eaglecrest and the Merry Knights. This will be in preparation for Miss Asahime’s entrance into the National Speedmage Tournament.” Levi said.

“Heh?” Ericka held her waist and gave a sarcastic smile. “Are you proposing that we join forces just because Eaglecrest has no participant in the upcoming National Speedmage Tournament? Stealing our glory, are we?”

“We will never think of a useless idea that is as useless as you, Useless Prez.” Levi chuckled. “If only I have a choice, I would never step foot on this dirty ugly guild building of yours.”

“I’ll freeze your asses if you insult me and my guild any further.” Ericka gave a menacing smile as five icicle spears started floating behind her.

“Whoa! Whoa! Calm down!” I immediately interjected. Normally, I will not step up and mediate in a fight, but there is some context I am missing here! I have to know what Eaglecrest’s motives are before jumping to conclusions.

“Oh, there is still somebody in the right mind in this guild,” Levi said with a smile.

“Just tell me what you want, President Levi,” I said with a cold voice.

“Vincent has left the entire legacy of the Eaglecrest, no, the Saint Crusade Academy, to Fluonessia Asahime. His parting wish to the whole guild is for the Eaglecrest to support Miss Asahime in her endeavors to win the National Speedmage Tournament.”

2