Epilogue 6
5.5k 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fang Cheng Ran had been broken for more than two weeks, but "The Whole World Belongs to My Royal Princess" was still hanging onto the tail end of the top recommendations list.

Although he had not been updating, every once in a while he would skim through his own chapters to check the bloody comment battlefield below.

Reader: Auntie Washing Railways1This is a pun. It sounds like 'aishiteru' (Japanese for I love you) when you say it in Chinese. [Score: 2, Chapter comments: 1]

Recruiting dogs today! Want to make your fortune in a day and transform into a beauty? Want to marry your beloved and get to the peak of your life? Tiangou Swipe welcomes you!

Fang Cheng Ran's brow furrowed. This Auntie Washing Railways again. The comment was posted at 6am - does your boss know how dedicated you are to your job?!

He deleted the comment, but the crease between his brow didn't smooth out. Recently, this person had been scampering around in his comment section every day. All their comments were little advertisements like this, sent out three times a day, more punctual even than mealtimes. He deleted them every time he saw them, but the next time he came back, there would be a new one floating on the top.

It’s like they were stalking him!

Fang Cheng Ran closed the tab and began scrolling through Weibo.

There was a knock on the door, and turning his head, he said, "Come in."

Sister Fang came in with a plate of cut fruit.

When Fang Cheng Ran saw her, he felt a headache coming on. "Sis, if you're here to talk about marriage again, forget it, please. I just got my heart broken, let me wallow for a bit."

Ever since his sister had come back from abroad, Chairman Fang had assigned his marriage to her as her top priority. Honestly, if one thought about it, she didn't have it easy either.

Putting the plate of fruit on the table, Sister Fang tucked a lock of hair behind an ear and leaned against it, watching him. "You're okay with going to the hotel to work, but not okay with blind dates. Dad is pretty annoyed with you."

Fang Cheng Ran shrugged dismissively. "He's been annoyed with me for over twenty years."

Sister Fang narrowed her gaze. Then she pulled a picture from her pocket and put it before him. "This is Sun Ying Ying, the apple of Uncle Sun's eye. Dad has arranged for you two to meet tomorrow.”

Fang Cheng Ran glanced at the photo and smirked, “So this is Dad's type, huh?”

Sister Fang returned his smirk with interest. “What, you don’t like her? Not pretty enough for you?”

“This kind of pretty is the fancy little lady sort. I can't afford her.” Fang Cheng Ran looked up at his sister. “What did you say she was called? Ren Ying Ying? The one from Blackwood Cliff2The heroine of a martial arts novel.?”

Sister Fang rolled her eyes. “I've told you the news. I'm not the one who's going to get trashed tomorrow.” Saying so, she turned and walked away. When she got to the door, she turned back around to add, "Time and place are written on the back of the photo."

Fang Cheng Ran picked the photo and looked it over. Written in blue pen in beautiful English was: KissCat Café, 3pm.

He folded the photo into an airplane and flew it out the window. It landed squarely on.... Father Fang's head.

Fang Cheng Ran: "..."

Father Fang picked up the paper plane and looked up at Fang Cheng Ran standing by the window. The latter quickly ducked behind the curtain.

Downstairs, the dining room table was already laden with food. Father Fang slammed his briefcase down and shouted up to the second floor, "Fang Cheng Ran, you get down here right this instant!"

For whatever reason, Sister Fang approached. "Dad, what's wrong?"

"See for yourself!" Father Fang handed over the paper plane, fuming.

"Fang Cheng Ran!" he bellowed again, and slowly Fang Cheng Ran moved downstairs.

His father snarled, "I have made an agreement with Old Sun tomorrow, and you're going whether you like it or not!" When he saw Liang Ming Hao come downstairs with Fang Cheng Ran, he pulled his grandson away quickly. "Hao Hao, stay a little farther away from your uncle. If you grow up to be like him, you're finished."

Fang Cheng Ran: "..."

Liang Ming Hao glanced at his uncle sympathetically, then went to wash his hands.

Father Fang kept ranting on at the dinner table. The general theme was that Fang Cheng Ran was now old but had still accomplished nothing, and could not even be serious about his love life.

Although Liang Ming Hao lamented inwardly that people of marriageable age were under great pressure, he couldn't help but add, "Actually, uncle did put serious thought into love, but too bad, Teacher Yang's already married."

Fang Cheng Ran: "..."

"She even has a little baby."

Fang Cheng Ran: "..."

Liang Ming Hao picked up a piece of rib and chewed on it gleefully, having successfully rubbed salt into wounds. Who made his uncle withhold his pocket money for so long, ha!

It was the first time Father Fang had heard of this romance, and he almost threw the chopsticks in his hand at his son. "Did you play around abroad so much that you don't even know how to settle down after coming home?! Not even letting off a married man!"

Fang Cheng Ran raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Did you mean to say 'a married woman'?"

Father Fang: "..."

Your father!

 

As usual, Xie Rong’s alarm clock woke her up at half-past six, right on time. The first thing she did upon getting out of bed, her hair still like a birds nest, was to open the laptop on her desk.

She almost fell asleep again just waiting the few dozen seconds for the laptop to boot up.

When the OS had loaded, she opened the browser to Pujiang.com, and habitually checked "The Whole World Belongs to My Royal Princess", which still had not updated.

Xie Rong was disappointed, but didn't forget that she still had business left to do.

She logged into her alternate account, Auntie Washing Railways, and began to post little advertisements under the text.

Recruiting dogs today! Want to make your fortune in a day and transform....

30 advertisements later, she climbed out of bed and started drawing.

She was done at 11.30.

When she opened Pujiang.com again, she found that the comments she had just sent had been deleted. Xie Rong felt a little sad. Every time they were deleted, she felt a little pain in her heart.

However, she was not discouraged. Revived, she once again switched to her alternate account and tirelessly posted little advertisements.

At the end of all that, Xie Rong was finally a little hungry. Taking her meal card, she headed to the cafeteria to eat. She didn't bother taking off her glasses and tied her hair simply into a bun, then went straight out the door.

A few boys on the road whistled her way. To herself, Xie Rong thought that their college was really too lacking in women, for the boys to be this hungry.

When eating, she caught sight of her two roommates. She was originally about to head over, but noticed them having a good time talking to the two handsome guys sitting opposite them, and instead sat alone.

Meh, those two white pheasants had nothing on the great Octopus Ball.

Thinking of that, she took out her mobile phone and checked again. The novel was still not updated. Xie Rong sighed and dug at her rice.

When she remembered the first time she found out that Wait For Three More Minutes and Octopus Ball were the same person, Xie Rong had been so shocked that she had been unable to calm down for a long time.

Her god and goddess had combined! And in the literal sense of the word!

There had been no words to describe her mood.

Xie Rong had first seen Octopus Ball at the book signing of Death Row Paradise. Although he had been wearing a mask and hat, she could tell that he must be handsome.

So she had followed his car at the end of the signing session.

The car stopped in front of a house, and Xie Rong guessed that it must be a big home. The next memory was like a slow-motion shot, playing one frame at a time before of Xie Rong.

A pair of long legs in ankle boots first appeared, straight and beautiful when outlined by jeans, followed by a dark coat, and then, a face even more handsome than her imagination could have created.

Although he was still wearing a hat, the mask on his face had been taken off, revealing the soft, smooth lines of his face. When the sunlight fell on his perfect lips, Xie Rong had been dazzled.

He lifted his head up and smiled a lopsided smile. And at that moment, Xie Rong felt like all her messed up feelings had combined into a single cry.

What the hell, Great God, you're obviously able to rely on your face to eat! Why must you rely on talent?!

Xie Rong watched as he walked into the door and disappeared from sight. And after that, she had formed a habit - when she had nothing to do, she would come here, and with luck, she could sneak a small peek.

As God always pays special attention to diligent children, this sort of good luck came to Xie Rong the very next day.

Fang Cheng Ran finished dressing at half-past two in the afternoon and went to the coffee shop to meet Miss Sun Ying Ying as his father had instructed.

His father wanted him to go on a blind date. So be it, but whether it succeeded or not was out of his control.

When he emerged from the house, Xie Rong had just arrived at her corner. Upon seeing him, she almost spat out the milk in her mouth.

Fang Cheng Ran got onto the car, and Xie Rong rushed to follow.

 

At KissCat Café:

A soothing English song was playing in the café. Fang Cheng Ran listened to the lyrics. It was <End of the World>, so, um, a very suitable song for a breakup.

He looked about in a circle. Sun Ying Ying, in a pink dress, was sitting on a small sofa and drinking coffee.

Fang Cheng Ran walked over to her with a smile, asking, "Hello, are you Ms. Sun Ying Ying?"

Sun Ying Ying looked up, was slightly dazed, and put down her coffee cup. "I am, and you are Fang Cheng Ran?"

"Yes." Fang Cheng Ran sat down across from her. His peach blossom eyes seemed electrified. "Nice to meet you."

Though Sun Ying Ying was momentarily shocked, she maintained her dignity and nodded to him.

Fang Cheng Ran's smile deepened, and in his mind, he conceived a plan for making this blind date fall through.

 

Xie Rong snuck in like a thief, sitting at a table not far from the party. She ordered a cup of the cheapest coffee, and then stared surreptitiously at Fang Cheng Ran's table.

It seemed to be a blind date.

Xie Rong was all messed up in her head. Why would such an excellent person still need to go on a blind date?! Great God, that pretentious woman sitting there isn't right for you! It's not yet too late to repent!

 

When Yang Ming came to KissCat for work, he never dreamed what would happen next. If he had known, he would never have set foot inside.

Half past three was the time of the shift change. Yang Ming changed clothes and prepared to go back to school. Out of the corner of his eye, however, he inadvertently spotted Fang Cheng Ran.

He frowned. He had the feeling that this man looked very familiar, and so he squinted harder, trying to figure it out.

Fang Cheng Ran seemed to be aware of his gaze. He raised his head, and two men's eyes met mid-air.

Yang Ming finally recognized him as the Maserati guy who used to chase after his sister. “Fang Cheng Ran?”

Fang Cheng Ran also recognized him and immediately stood, apparently panicking. “Ming Ming, wait! Listen to me! It's not what you think!"

Yang Ming: ".........?"

Fang Cheng Ran took his hand and said anxiously, "My father forced me to come to this blind date. Although he's still not able to understand, I will do my best to persuade him to accept us."

Yang Ming: "... "

Wait, what he just said wasn't... what he was thinking, right?

Sun Ying Ying sitting on the sofa also seemed to be thinking the same thing. Frowning, she stood and asked, "Fang Cheng Ran, what's going on?"

Fang Cheng Ran said to her apologetically, "I'm so sorry. You see, my father is unable to accept homosexuality. He forced me to come here, to this blind date."

It was quite true that his father couldn't accept homosexuality, but that had nothing to do with the blind date.

Sun Ying Ying: "..."

Yang Ming: "..."

"You..."

Just as Yang Ming was about to interject angrily, Fang Cheng Ran interrupted, "Let's talk about it when we get home."

He towed Yang Ming out of the café. Xie Rong watched them pass by, paralyzed on the sofa.

Was the Great God... gay?

Dear Lord in Heaven, is this the trial sent down for me?!

 

I laughed so hard at this chapter! There are so many individually terrible things going on and yet when put together it's hilarious.

I'm sorry for the late update. I want to tell you that I've been working really hard saving the world, but actually I just got really addicted to video games for awhile. I'm happy to tell you all that one of the best parts of being an adult is that even if you game with your nerdy friends until 2am, no one, no one can make you go to bed.

8