Chapter 2 – Conqueror’s Haki
1.3k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeus chased after Teach's direction in his dragon form, his visual senses were heightened in this form as his Observation Haki got a huge boost as he could see the entire surrounding area.

He flew in the direction that Whitebeard pointed and saw a small island.

"W-what is that thing? A dragon, it's a fu*cking dragon!" said one of the people on the small island as everyone stared into the sky shocked at the huge blue and white scaled dragon that was surrounded by lightning.

"Isn't that the Whitebeard Pirate's Zeus Newgate!" said the other guy pointing to the dragon in the sky.

"W-what is the Lightning Dragon doing here? It doesn't seem like he's just taking a stroll " said another pirate nervously.

Zeus looked down and spotted Teach immediately who was also looking at him, knowing he had nowhere to run and had to fight him, he knew Zeus was stronger than him but he also had the Yami Yami no mi, he could not fully use its power as he had just eaten it but he could at least try to get away from here. With Whitebeard nearby he did not want to drag this fight too long.

Zeus opened his mouth in his dragon form as he formed a ball of lightning in front of his mouth which started creating waves in the surrounding ocean, he then released this ball which converted into beams of lightning as they struck towards Teach.

Teach used his power of darkness to cover his hands in darkness to absorb the incoming attack but the attack was pure lightning and thus was too fast for him to fully absorb it, and thus he was still hit and crashed backward destroying the several inns on the island in the process.

Zeus who was hovering in the air was surprised to see Teach alive after taking this attack, "Did he absorb this attack? Is that the power of the Yami Yami no Mi?" thought he as he swooped down and struck his gigantic claw at Teach wanting to tear him apart, as the claw of lightning struck down on Teach , he activated his Devil Fruit's powers and nullified a lot of the dragon claw's power but his chest was still cut deep with a three-lined claw mark on his chest , but he held onto Zeus's claw and did not let go .

As Zeus tried to lift Teach he felt his body suddenly lose all his power as he shrunk down from his Dragon form and fell down with Teach on his hands.

Teach's powers had nullified his Mythical Zoan devil fruit abilities.

Teach, taking advantage of this opportunity pushed his left hand forward and grabbed Zeus's throats as he kept the latter's power suppressed.

His ability allowed him to nullify the devil fruit power of anyone he touches, as long as he remains in physical contact, the power is effective.

He then punched straight on his chest with his physical strength as Zeus's chest caved in and he was seriously injured being attacked out of nowhere.

"Hahaha, what are you gonna do now Lightning Dragon?" said Teach with blood all over his body as he choked Zeus with a smile and hit him with another punch as he splurted blood, "You want to conquer the world? How are you going to do it now? huh ?" said he mockingly as he increased his hand's force and choked him.

"Y-Yeah, I want to conquer the world, so do you really think someone like me would just depend on my Devil Fruit to do that ?" said Zeus with a smile as blood dripped from his mouth and his eyes darkened and a huge pressure descended on Teach that instant as it suppressed him as the entire island they were on start shattering as everyone else passed out.

Teach himself was being suppressed as his knees started weakening and he felt the urge to submit when he looked into Zeus's eyes and felt intimidated.

"C-Conquerer's Haki, you h-have that, and to such extent," said Teach shocked as he used all his strength to not be suppressed as his body that was covered in darkness started becoming chaotic as it left a few spots untouched

Zeus pulled up his right arm as he used the armament Haki and his entire right arm turned black and he punched forward towards Blackbeard.

As the punch hit the spot uncovered by the power of darkness, Teach's chest caved in at that point, he had not just been training with his Devil Fruit but also training Haki with a certain lunatic swordsman, he lifted his left hand and used Armament Haki and punched out again.

He started hammering Blackbeard who held him by his throat with punch after punch with haki, hitting the spots uncovered by the power of darkness.

"Aaargh, damn you," said Teach angrily as he was being severely injured, he finally let go of his throat and crashed backward and immediately started to run away.

Zeus who was hit with that straight punch and had not managed to use Armament Haki in time to block it was huffing on the ground as he dropped.

He spurted blood as he looked at Teach running away, he did not have strength left to pursue him after using his dragon form to fly all the way here and being injured by him.

"What the hell is that devil fruit, it wasn't like seastone suppression, it was like I never had eaten the fruit in the first place and I was a normal person. Haki was the only thing I had left. And he also absorbed most of the power out of my attacks otherwise he should have died instantly" thought Zeus as he recovered his strength slowly and got up.

He swore to take down Teach, he knew that bastard would not just hide after doing such a thing to the Whitebeard Pirates, he was probably planning something big, when he would find him next time, he would strike him down as he now knew the weakness of his power.

After recovering his strength on the island which was half-destroyed, he turned into his hybrid form as wings sprouted out of his back and he flew back towards the ship.

/---

Whitebeard saw his son coming back with injuries along with Marco

"Zeus, what happened? Are you alright" said he as Zeus landed on the ship.

Thatch was out of danger and was recovering, Marco had gone after Zeus immediately after fixing Thatch to support Zeus but had found him halfway through as he was too late.

"That Teach got away, the powers of his fruit are something I have never heard of," said Zeus as he sat down and explained the entire fight.

"I'll find him and he will pay for what he has done," said Ace with his fists tightening with sparks of fire after hearing what happened.

"You gotta be careful Ace, he is terrifying, now that you all know his weakness you should fare better if you encounter him, but he is still very strong and would continue to grow stronger," said Zeus rubbing his temples.

"Gurarara, you worry too much my son, we'll take him down, no matter how strong he is, he is no match for the Whitebeard Pirates," said Whitebeard laughing as he patted Zeus's back

"I could use your optimism old man," said Zeus as he sighed.

"There's something I wanted to tell you all," said he standing up.

"I am going to leave soon, I need to see the world for myself and start doing what I have always wanted to do," said he looking at everyone.

Whitebeard looked at his son with a tinge of sadness, he knew he could not just keep his son under his protection forever, he would have to go someday, but he still was a father and was worried.

"What are you planning to do? Are you going to fly around the world" asked Thatch as he laughed having somewhat recovered.

"As much as I like flying I'll probably drop into the ocean when I run out of energy," said Zeus as he laughed.

"So, you are gonna form your own pirate crew eh?" said Marco standing by the side.

"This world is connected by the seas, so I have no choice, do I? I have to become a Pirate to move around" said Zeus as he put his arm around Marco

"Well, you take care of pops alright?" said he as he smiled.

"Don't worry about it, no one can scratch him as is with his increasing strength, but with me around, no one's getting that chance" said Marco laughing as patted his brother's chest.

"So, where are you heading now? You need to get a ship right?" said Jozu on the side.

"Yeah, gonna go meet that guy and drag him to my crew, then get a ship, that's the plan," said Zeus as he looked towards the sea.

"Eh! are you really going to drag that guy into your crew ?" said Ace on the side surprised.

"You sure he will even agree? That guy is a huge loner you know" said Marco on the side as he remembered that bastard.

"Oh, I'll make him join my crew, don't you worry about it," said Zeus as he laughed and they partied all night as they had a huge farewell party for Zeus finally leaving and forming his own crew

14