Ancient Chapter 11
189 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

    A fierce battle was occurring at the north-west of Brook. The bunch of adventurers and soldiers that constituted the armed force of the city was trying hard in order to repel the incoming monsters. The enemies were all higher ranked species of monsters. Spectral-clawed tigers were fighting alongside Blazing bears. Thunderwolves were doing sneak attacks between the heavy blows given by each strikes of their fellows monsters. Hundreds of them were swarming, scorching the earth and thunderclaps were sounding relentlessly through the battlefield.

    The otherworlders were also fighting as hard as they were able to. Shouldered by the man they interrogated, they were making their own bloody path toward victory. This man was an A-ranked adventurer, a rare kind of fighter called magic-swordsman for some obvious reasons.

    Thunder roared, icicles pierced, flame foxes were bursting all the while the more physical fighters were clashing swords against claws and jaws. Some striking as fast as the sound and some inflicting blows heavy enough to push against the scorched ground the bears and others tigers.

    While pulling his sword out of a corpse and casting a minor healing spell on his lightly injured shoulder, Lion spoke his thoughts out loud. “I wonder how is faring Kyle… He is alone against at least this much enemies.”

    Celes scolded him. “Our classmate isn’t the only one named Kyle out there. Let’s wrap it up here and go help him out.” Lion silently nodded. He caught sight of Kyle from the corner of his eye. The later was looking to fare pretty well.

**

    “...Let’s get some warm up.” Kyle extended his arms and summoned hundreds of red spikes of mana. With a thought, he shattered them in thousands of shards tougher than rock under the dumbfounded gaze of the guild master Svanta.

    Kyle then swung his arm and the shards flew toward the monsters like an oversized whip. He then jumped in the melee without even summoning his favorite weapon. Using his whip-like annihilation weapon and playing with his clawed fists, he tore a path of death through the flood like a hot knife in butter.

    After getting at some distance from the city walls, he stopped his pace and stood there. The monsters, pissed by the death of their comrades, ran at him seeking vengeance only to find their way to early death. Kyle’s fists were breaking through skulls, his claws slashing the enemies’ spectral claws and his shards, now reassembled onto two meters long red icicles, were aiming at the necks of the poor monsters, decapitating the four meters tall Blazing bears and crushing the swift Thunderwolves. Each of his strikes was to fast for the eye to follow but weighed like mountains on their targets. After a quarter hour of pure slaughter, he was standing on a small hill of corpse. His eyes were shining on his head covered in blood.

    When he turned his gaze toward the north, he noticed something. A powerful being slowly closing the distance with him. He smirked. “You were right Yukina, someone was pulling the strings behind this monster flood.”

**

    “Finally! These shit-eaters stopped flooding in!” Lyann exclaimed triumphantly, putting the tip of his bloodied longsword on the ground. Logan grinned. “I thought they would flow in indefinitely.”

    They then saw an adventurer pointing at the east. Expecting a new wave of monsters, the former students turned their heads toward the direction that was pointed, only to drop their jaws in astonishment.

    On the top of a hill of mutilated corpses, a figure was decapitating with a single swing what seemed to be the last standing monster. “This Dusk’s Angel is really something else.” Lyann muttered to himself. The girls in the group were particularly shocked.

    “This stance, it’s the same that Kyle was having when that bunch of thugs tried to harm Yukina.” Krone was dumbfounded.

    “You mean when Kyle scared the shit out of them?” Logan butted in. He wasn’t there at the moment of the conflict so he was curious.

    “The story made the tour of the school. When that I rethink about it, it’s the only time I saw Kyle loosing his poker face and getting pissed.” Farah recalled.

    “Wait, so he is really Kyle?!” Lion was dumbfounded. “I don’t remember him emitting this ominous vibe though.”

    Gwyneth explained. “Just think about it, even Logan that was born in the lower civil district of Swordhold made his way and found us before he was five. What kind of hardships has endured Kyle to prevent him from joining us?”

    Farah recalled the strange mana stone that exploded during the outbreak of this strange monster, the last day at the academy. “I think he went through more than what we can possibly imagine.” She then opened her eyes wide.

    Behind Kyle’s back, an uncertain feminine figure embraced him. Making the Dusk’s Angel relax a bit. Krone followed her gaze. “Looks like Yukina got it rough too.”

**

    While the presumed boss was approaching, Kyle, urged by Yukina, threw a glance at his left and saw is former classmates. He quickly checked if they were wounded before going back to stare at the oncoming monster.

    The later took an eternity before at long last, the boss got within earshot. The monster was a ten meters tall bipedal and bulky dragon. He was of an uniform and muddy brown except for some red lines that were running in his head, reminding those presents on Kyle’s cheeks. His face had sharp elven looking ears and bloodshot little eyes. He was wearing two imposing shields with sharp edges. His folded wings were displaying the same kind of shield, as if his weapons were taken from these giant wings.

    Kyle was looking down at it from his fifteen meters tall pedestal. “If you had come earlier without sending your trash at Brook’s door beforehand, you would have economized hundreds of soldiers.” His mana spears glinted with an evil red. “We would have settled this on a one-on-one and your sacrifice would have spared your underlings’ lives. But I suppose they are worthless at your eyes.”

    His former classmates shuddered when he provoked the boss looking monster.

    The later snorted. “They are just some disposable slaves that my master made for me.” A vein bulged on Kyle’s forehead.

    “Looks like I will really not have remorse after beating you to shit.” The red lines on his cheeks glowed brighter.

    “Oh! I forgot the introductions. I’m Golgomath. And I will become a god… Father.”

    Another vein bulged on Kyle’s forehead. He removed his mask, showing a pissed off grin. Yukina disappeared in order to not hinder him during the incoming fight. “...I have kind of enough of this father/creator bullshit. The fucking assholes that created you with my mana, I will find and kill them.”

    “They are more powerful than me and I’m much stronger than any other monster. Today, I become a parricide.” Golgomath readied his shields.

    “...Come get your fucking beating if you want it this much.”

    Kyle released his killing intent.

The pressure increases! Perhaps I will be able to draw Golgomath tomorrow. At least the lining.

As always feel free to express your opinion and have a nice day!

-Gwenis [Optimized Laziness]

8