Ancient Chapter 13
175 8 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13

    Golgomath, a high-ranked officer, came in the throne room of his king, the High-elves king. Golgomath was a well built man, his large frame and his martial demeanor were highlighted by the huge battle ax strapped behind his left shoulder. He put his knee to the ground while greeting his king.

    “You have summoned me, Your Majesty.” His tone was deep.

    “Stand up, lord Golgomath.” He did as his king ordered. “You know well that our race is on the brink of extinction. We are depending on the mana in order to make us live a little longer. We even drain the core of this world in order to keep us from rotting, we are stealing what rightfully comes to the four other races.” The king took a deep breath before resuming his monologue.

    “Lately, one of my most trusted agent, sent on the Continent stumbled upon a hidden gem. A human child that can regenerate his full mana capacity in seconds. It pains me to say so but he is used even now in order to make us live and understand from were comes the mana he gathers.” Golgomath’s eyes were opened wide in astonishment. It was trully unbelievable. “Using his slave company as a cover, my agent reflected and experimented deeply on this matter. And he made an unbelievable discover. This kid gathers his mana from other worlds.” Golgomath’s breath was rough. He was trying to anticipate all the new ways opening before his people.

    “Using his mana as the energy source, we are actually able to sustain our lives and are even able to stock some. So the most eminent researchers of our people came up with a plan. Creating a third god, a god of portals...”

    “And fly away from this grave!” Golgomath interrupted his king’s speech without knowing it. His eyes were full of hopes.

    “...Yes, and you have been chosen, with others outstanding talents, to become the recipients of this power. This isn’t a decision I can make for you. By sharing his mana, you will experience all he endured. And he endured a whole lot… By our fault.”

    “Your Majesty, don’t blame yourself. You did all this for the sake of your beloved race. I shall take on my shoulders the burden of bringing salvation to our kin. I volunteer for these experiments!”

    “...Why a reply this quick?”

    “I-I don’t want other families to be shattered like mine.” Golgomath’s gaze lost itself in sweet reminiscence of the past.

**

    While going to the underground facility especially conceived to give birth to the new god, he stumbled upon a woman. One of the most proficient elven mages.

    “I see that you are also a volunteer, Golgomath.” Her voice was prideful.

    “I have nothing left to lose. Like you, Avanta.”

    “We hold the fate of the High-elves in our hands. I wish you luck.” Golgomath slowly nodded at her words.

**

    Golgomath entered a room full of red mana stones. Small sparks of black and white were flickering inside them, hypnotizing the gaze. A mage greeted the officer and guided him to his designated place.

    There was a great red pentacle that was looking like melting wax. Lots of the same red stones were stocked against the three other walls of the room. A smell of old blood was staining the air.

    “Why is this place full of blood’s scent?”

    “The subject’s feelings are oozing out of his mana. He feels continuous pain since we do him lots of… things. And his permanent mana over consumption doesn’t help the things go well.” Golgomath shuddered. Mana stones weren’t normally able to do this kind of things.

    “Please put your wrists against the pentacle. The awakening will take a lot of time. Probably years. Please hang on to the best of your capacities. Ah… And be at ease, you will not experience 100% of the feelings of the subject.”

    “Please take care of the High-elves.”

    “Of course, officer Golgomath.”

**

    Unbearable pain.

    Punches breaking already wrecked ribs.

    Blood oozing out of a limp mouth.

    Whips slashing bones in bloody wounds.

    But the consciousness didn’t fade away.

**

    A black-hooded tall man, speaking undiscernible words.

    Sudden surge of anger.

**

    Wounds regenerating at an unbelievable speed. “You monster!”

    Everything was black and red.

**

    Scratch or be scratched.

    Bite or be bitten.

    Fight or be beaten.

    Kill of be killed.

    Never give up.

    For you have people waiting for you.

    ‘Even if you have to become a monster?’

    “I don’t…. fucking CARE!”

**

    Suddenly Golgomath woke up. His body was heavy, some huge things were hindering his back as he was leaning on all fours on the floor of his room. The pentacle wasn’t shining anymore.

    The same searcher than the last time came back in.

    “How much time?”

    “It’s been five years.”

    “How are the results?”

    “You are the third to wake up. I’m really sorry to say that this is another failure though.”

    “… I see.” Golgomath pondered a bit. “I have great new to tell to His Majesty.”

    Golgomath stopped on his tracks before leaving the room and looked at the mage. “And it wasn’t pain. It was hatred.”

    “I will do everything in order to never let him free. Don’t worry.”

    Golgomath left with a worried look on his face, and hit the frame of the door. “Damn, I grew up a bit too much.”

**

    “You Majesty, I have great news!”

    “… Golgomath! I’m sorry to have put you through this much trouble for nothing.”

    “This isn’t what actually matters, Your Majesty. I may not have become the god we wanted but I saw some of the boy’s, Kyle Dawnstar’s memories.” The king’s eyes shone with interest. “He came from another world. Moreover, they don’t have any means to resist us if we invade them. This world, called Earth, is our ideal target!”

    “Please tell me more about this other world, Golgomath.”

*****

    “Have we been locked by a bunch of weaklings?”

    ‘No, you are just too strong. Please, don’t try to meddle with our survival plan, Father, no, Soulmate.’ Golgomath’s soul left his body with his last reminiscences of the past.

    ‘Now, I will be able to see my beloved family again.’

*****

    Kyle turned his head toward Brook’s guild master while putting on his mask. “Now, shall we stroll while talking about that certain matter?”

    He left without throwing a glance behind.

    “Ye-Yesh!”

 

Hey guys! Gwenis, the lazy but optimized wannabe author is back from his weekly seclusion, bringing out the cursed 13th chappy.

I hope you enjoyed it. (Or will enjoy it if you are a weird guy that reads the AN before the chapter even if they are at the bottom :p)

6