Mana Awakened!
142 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A teacher was teaching history in a classroom. Half the students in the class looked like they wanted to end their lives, while the other half wanted to fall asleep. The teacher was discussing World War II. At the back of the class, a grey-haired boy with red eyes was peeking into his phone. He was the type who stood out even when he didn't do anything.

A girl with white hair and blue eyes sat next to him. She was looking over at what he was doing with a small smile. She is trying to read the story he is reading with her cold eyes, trying to get a better look at the screen. Both of them are having a good time at the back of the class, not paying attention to the lesson.

The teacher looked at the two having fun, and he scolded them.

"Ash and Allie, I wish you two would listen to my class rather than fool around in class all day. History is a crucial subject." He looks at the two troublemakers. Ash is making a stupid grin like he has no care about what he says. In contrast, Allie is making a cold expression at him, looking like he is the scum of the earth.

He looked at the two and sighed, deciding to ignore them since they were the top students in the class.

'I wish I could take them down a peg sometimes.' He focused back on the board to teach the rest of his class, who needed his help.

Ash ignores the teacher with a goofy smile on his face.

" Hey, Allie, can you believe Mr. White thinks history is essential?" He laughs and continues to look at his phone. He continues to read a story that seems to be about magic and dungeons.

"This world is boring as it is. I would rather have fun exploring a world of magic and new things. "How does that sound like an adventure with you and me?" He grabbed her hand and laughed, making Mr. White yell at him.

A big smile spreads across Allie's face, and she pats his head and nods.

'He is like a big child, sometimes looking for adventure. But he is right. An adventure with just me and him would be fun.' She looked at the teacher again with a stern look.

" Ash, I think you would probably not survive without me sometimes. I would love to join you on an adventure with you." She sighed, looking at Ash as he continued to have a cute, goofy smile while reading stories.

The class looked at the two. Some were filled with jealousy. Those two have always been together since they were kids. Allie was always cold to everyone at school except Ash. While Ash was constantly happy and goofy, he beat anyone who tried to use him and ignored them like he did not even care about them. They are opposites, but somehow they get along so well. It is like they are in their world.

A bell rang, and everyone sighed in relief that they could now go to lunch and leave this hell they call History class. Ash jumps up from his seat and grabs Allie's hand.

" So, what do you want to eat today?" I know you usually bring lunch for both of us, but we could always buy some cookies with our lunch or get some ice cream since today is Friday. "He starts to talk in a crazed manner about sweets rather than lunch.

Allie looks at Ash and sighs with the disappointed look of a parent dealing with a child.

" Ash, you must eat healthily. The world is not just about sweets." She looks at him, hopping around repeatedly, talking about candy and ice cream.

"You must have a balanced diet, or you may get sick."

Ash smiled at Allie as they walked into the hall on the way to lunch. They were holding hands on the way.

" Come on, and sweets are exceptional. I am sure one or a couple won't make me sick." He tries to bargain with Allie to get some sweets for lunch like he does every day. Ash makes some puppy dog eyes at Allie.

" Please! Just some sweets today!"

Allie frowned and tried to resist those eyes staring at her.

" Okay, but later you must eat vegetables to balance your diet." She saw him flash a smug look as she said that.

'Why do I always fall for that cute-looking face each time he has that look?' She sighed, shaking her head at what she had done.

They both make it to the lunch room and grab a table nearby. Allie sits down first and opens her bag, and takes out two bento box lunches. She hands one to Ash as he sits down at the table with cookies and other sweets in his hand.

" Why did you get so many? I thought you said only cookies. "What the hell is all of this?" She looked at him with packs of Gummy worms, ice cream, and cookies.

Ash looked at her while stuffing his face with cookies.

" I need all these sweets to survive, so I always bring snacks in my bookbag. You can never have too many sweets, right?" He stopped eating his cookies and focused on his lunch instead. He opened the bento box and saw some chicken with rice and broccoli.

" Wow, this looks amazing. You outdid yourself this time Allie."

Allie blushed with a smile when Ash commented on the dish she had made. She could see him stuffing his face with the food she had prepared last night for them.

" Don't think you are off the hook yet, Ash. You still have too many sweets."

Despite the stern look on her face, she couldn't hold it as he ate and looked up at her with a cute expression. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

The two continue to eat their lunch while talking about books and anime and ignoring everyone around them looking at them. For some reason, many of their classmates always seemed to have problems with them or tried to separate them.

As a result, some teachers looked at them with contempt since they usually didn't appear to be focused on class. Unfortunately, since they have the best grades in the school, they can't do anything about it.

Ash and Allie finish lunch. Getting up early, they headed to their next class as soon as possible. Unfortunately, our next class will be math class with Miss Williams.

Ash hates math with a passion. He does not have a bad grades in math. It is that he finds it boring. As they like to sit in every category, they see two seats at the back of the class. They are still fooling around reading books and playing games together while eating snacks.

Miss Williams entered the classroom and wrote warm-up math problems on the whiteboard. All the other students came into the class, some with sad expressions since most people hate math.

Hello, class. Today we will have a pop quiz after the warm-up questions are done. If I find anyone of you cheating, you will get a zero on the examination."

All the students groaned and whined about the quiz.

" Also, I want the homework from last night that was supposed to be done. Please have it on your desk as I walk around."

Some of the students froze at the mention of homework. Ash and Allie take care of the task they did last night.

Usually, Ash waits until the last minute to do homework, but Allie forces him to do his homework before school ends. He looked at Allie, looked over his homework, and sighed.

'I do love Allie, but I wish I could never have to do homework and just have fun reading and playing games.'

He starts to pray for something to happen, so he does not have to do a pop quiz.

The earth started to rumble beneath their feet. All the students and the teacher began to panic.

" Everyone stays under your desk in case the roof falls on itself!"

Miss Williams yelled while hiding under her desk. Ash covers Allie with his body instead while they are under a desk.

They hear screams from outside the school and some booms that seem to be explosions. The lights start to flicker, and the windows break with everything happening.

The earth continues to shake for about an hour. All the windows are broken. All the students get up from under their desks.

No one seems injured, and the roof is still intact. Miss Williams gets up from under her desk.

"Alright, was anyone hurt by the earthquake?"

She walked around and checked each of the students for injuries.

Ash and Allie stood beside each other as they got up from the table.

Ash looked at Allie and checked her to see if she was injured. Then he has a goofy smile as he sees she is alright.

" Well, at least we won't have to take that pop quiz now."

Ash laughed while Allie shook her head with a smile and checked him for injuries as well. The blue energy forms in front of their eyes into words that say.

[Mana has emerged from the world!]

[Everyone here will be bound to take a mandatory tutorial to ensure the survival of humanity!]

3