Chapter 8
4k 6 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I just didn't peg you as someone aggressive. Or territorial."

Hesitating for a second, she decides to tell him a partial truth. She did not want to get kicked out before she can help Tony. And she thinks she will get kicked out if she just frankly tells him that his father-figure was the one that caused his kidnapping.

Better to answer vaguely.

'I could smell the emotions coming off from that man… and it didn't seem very friendly to me,' she says, hoping she doesn't come off as manipulative. 'Who is he?'

"Friend of my Dad's. Helped me with the company when my parents died."

She hummed but didn't say more. Instead, she changed tracks. 'You should go to sleep. You haven't got a proper rest on the plane either.'

Rolling his eyes, he replied with a "Yes, mom."

'Hey, don't use that tone. You should be happy I haven't asked you to eat something healthier instead. '

"Don't diss the burger. It had tomato in it."

'Sure it did. In the ketchup.'

"Still tomato."

After going on that trip to Stark Industries, they go to Tony's Malibu house, where she instantly commands Tony to his bedroom. He says 'hi' to Jarvis as they walk to the room, and then she realized she didn't know where his room was mid-way into the trip. Going by the smirk on his face, Tony realized early and didn't bother telling her. Luckily for him, he takes pity on her and doesn't tease her. Much.

"I've got lots of ideas. You're wasting time with all this 'sleeping' you want from me. I've slept enough on the plane, but I'll make you happy and give it a try. Be ready to be disappointed though when I can't though."

'A catnap is not enough, Tony. You need to rest or you'll burn out.'

"Sure I do," he says with a roll of his eyes. He still goes to his bed, taking off his shoes and jacket first, not even bothering to cover himself with the covers. He just lies on his bed, hands interlocked, as he hums an annoying tune.

"It isn't working," he says in a sing-song.

She smirks. 'Then I'll just have to Sing you then.'

"Not even a story? How sad I am."

With that same smirk, she uses the move Sing.

It's super effective.

She kind of wants to clap her paws for her well-done job, but instead, she yawns. She was pretty tired herself as she didn't sleep since waking up in the desert, too frazzled to do before. Instead of finding a guest room for herself, she decides to just use the corner of the bed, the one that covers the longest distance between them.

She'll probably wake up before Tony as she wasn't one to sleep for long in her old life. Just a quick nap will do her good.

Thinking in later pulling a Jigglypuff and painting Tony's face later, she closes her eyes, the light of the room still faintly visible from the borders of the curtains as it's still early.

And when she opens them, it is to a dark room, alone. The light that was bright when before she closed her eyes was now a shade of orange.

… How long did she sleep?

She turns her head around and almost jumps when hearing Jarvis's voice coming from above. "Good morning, Miss Eva. Sir has already shared the details of what he knows of your existence, so if there are any questions you wish to ask, feel free to ask."

She nods, signaling she understands. Then she points to the place where she left Tony sleeping.

"Sir awoke five hours ago. He's currently in his lab. If you wish to talk with him, I suggest hurrying, as Miss Potts is parking her car at the garage."

She nods once before changing back to her Mew form and floating toward where Jarvis is instructing her to go. The change is easier, but something tells her that she endured such pain at transforming first because they differed completely from her typing. Maybe if she tried a Psychic Pokemon she'll have better luck? She remembers a few, as they were one of her favorite types.

She shakes her head. It doesn't matter. She goes faster, and it takes her less than a minute for her to reach it. She enters and is not really surprised to see him lying shirtless in a chair. The hole in his chest was clearly seen.

'Are you sure you're supposed to do this without a professional?'

"Hey, I'm a professional. I've got doctorates, you know." He says, emphasizing the letter 's' in doctorates.

'In medicine?'

He rolls his eyes and ignores her. "Jarvis, how long until Pepper arrives? I need to know the size of her hands, like yesterday."

'Kinky,' She says with a raised brow, or at least tries. She doesn't have any brows in this body.

"Not that I'm not kinky, but not this time." He waves a hand on his chest. "I need small hands to swap the reactor in my chest for an upgraded unit."

His other hand shows her the old arc reactor and it's then that she notices the faint tremble of his hands.

'I've got small hands.'

He looks down at her hands with her following his gaze to her… paws. "Yeah, no. A little too furry for me. I'm not kinky enough to have some paws going inside of me."

'You're an ass, you know?' She rolls her eyes, before taking the arc reactor for his slightly trembling hands with her mind and puts it on the table next to him. 'I can also do this.'

"Huh."

'Huh, indeed. Now tell me what I need to do.' She floats near and goes to his side, her nose twitching at the smell coming from his chest. It doesn't smell like pus, but it's still strong.

'Okay, lay it on me, doc,' she says in a cheeky tone.

195