Chapter 11
3.9k 13 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tony compliments the food as soon as he tastes it, which is good. He's still curious and makes her wish to return to her Mew form, but she doesn't want to dirty herself with the pasta, so better not. Or at least, not now.

"So, now that we finally got time for ourselves, mind telling me about your species and why are you able to transform in such a painful way?"

She could bullshit her way through, but better to give him half-truths, as she's the type to harbor a deep sense of guilt for anything that she thinks may think hurts others. Being physically or emotionally.

"Well, Arceus, the god of pokemon, was the one who created the first Mew. He gave her the ability to unlock the DNA of every pokemon in existence, but each one of them comes with a move set of original powers according to their typings."

"Oh. So like what you used to heal me and to make me fall asleep?"

"Yeah. I think the new powers hurt my brain. Though I found out that it hurts less if the Pokemon I change shares my typing."

"And what's your original type?"

"Psychic," she says with a smirk.

Tony covers his chest as if he were a schoolgirl who's been found naked by her crush. "So you can read my mind?"

She rolls her eyes. "I've been talking in your mind for a while now. Why are you surprised?"

"True, true. So, how many types are there?"

"Eighteen."

He raises both eyebrows. "That's a lot."

"I know. But they complement and restrain each other. I could give you a chart of how it works?"

"Really? Sweet!" he says, looking giddy before he stops. "Wait, how many of these Pokemon exist?"

She rolls her eyes, but there's a smile tugging at her lips. "Well, first of all, you've got to understand that most Pokemon have got at least one or two evolution forms. Like the Pokemon I used to heal you was the third evolution of their species. And Linoone was the second evolution of another. Also, sometimes they've got variants, depending on where they are from, which changes their looks and typing."

"... So how many?"

"Around a thousand."

He hums. "Not as many as I thought, but yeah, interesting nonetheless."

Nodding, she decides to move on before he decides to experiment with her. Though, maybe that could help her... Not the experimenting bit, but the one where he could use his big brain to help her with her moves. "So anyway, got anything to do after dinner?"

"Oh. Already got a dinner with me and want to move to the next stage already? How forward of you."

She glares at him, a dry smile on her lips. "Yeah, no. I wanted to know if I could use one of your empty garages to train my powers. Maybe help me with them."

That makes him sit up with a grin. "Do I get to see more of your powers? Sure! Though I've got a new project I'm excited to try. Maybe we could do both my project and your power testing downstairs in my lab. I've got an enormous garage in there, too. Let's just move the cars and there will be even more free space for us!"

She smiles. "Sure!"

.

.

It takes an hour to get everything ready; she goes back to her Mew form, which made Tony sad. But she ignores it as she takes five whole minutes to appreciate her new soft, shiny fur. Tony's laugh startles her from what he realizes is the sound of her purring.

She looks at him and finds him sitting in front of the hologram table. After his laugh is done, he pets her head, which she ignores by lifting her head up, glad she's covered in fur and unable to blush.

"Heh. Anyway, JARVIS, you up?"

"For you, sir, always," the ever-polite AI answers.

"I'd like to open two new project files, index as Mark Two and Project MEW."

She looks up at him with a sardonic smirk. 'Mew?'

"No, no. Gotta give it emphasis, Eva. It's MEW, all caps."

Before she can banter some more, JARVIS interrupts with a "Shall I store this on the Stark Industries Central Database?"

Tony hums, his brow furrowing. "Actually, I don't know who to trust right now. Till further notice, why don't we just keep everything on my private server?"

"Working on secret projects, are we, sir?" the sass is strong on this one.

"I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands. Maybe in mine, it can actually do some good. Besides, I don't think Eva would like to share her abilities, either."

She shakes her head, no.

"I thought so." He writes something on the computer nearby for a couple of minutes in which she floats in circles before he finally stops. "Okay. Gotta wait until JARVIS finishes working on these calibrations. So let's go back to you."

'Yeah?'

"So, tell me about your powers. Or the ones that come from your original Mew form."

She does so, explaining what she understands of each move as she got a brief summary of what each move does and, going on by what she remembers of some of the moves, sometimes it's totally different from what she remembers it said in the description that came from the game.

Well, this life isn't a game, so it's obvious it wouldn't work the same. Then, she shows some of the visible ones, with him talking with JARVIS and recording what each does, their potency, and what JARVIS registers from each.

It takes them until the end of the night to do every Mew move. At one am, she bullies Tony once again into going to sleep. She Sings to him when he gets stubborn before lifting him up with psychic into his bed.

Then she takes a nap as she knows Tony would wake up as soon as the effect is over and go back to work. Better to sleep as much as she can. Tomorrow would be when the boots of Tony's suit will be done, too, so yeah. She's excited.

193