Chapter 13
4.2k 11 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tony stands up, taking the pizza box away from her. It leaves her pleased and annoyed because, while the looks were disappointing, she still wanted to taste it. As people say, never judge a book for its cover, right?

She follows him with Obadiah behind them. "Oh, come on. Tony."

Tony squares his shoulders in that stubborn line she's seen in others. Obadiah keeps calling him once more, but Tony just says, "I'll be in the shop."

Now she can feel real annoyance coming from Obadiah and Eva is subconsciously ready for a fight even if she knows it won't happen. "Hey, hey! Hey, Tony. Listen. I'm trying to turn this thing around, but you gotta give me something."

Uh-oh. She puts between them when Obadiah moves to grab Tony's shoulder. He throws her an annoyed glare but ignores her quickly in favor of Tony. "Something to pitch them, you know? Let me have the engineers analyze that. Draw up some specs."

She looks up at Tony, glad to see him shake his head. "No. No, absolutely not."

The annoyance grows into something slightly greedy and malicious. "It'll give me a bone to throw the boys in New York!"

"This one stays with me. That's it, Obie. Forget it."

Obadiah huffs as he takes the pizza box. "All right, well, this stays with me, then."

Tony glances at her when she whines and gives Obadiah a raised eyebrow. The large man rolls his eyes.

"Go on, here, you can have a piece, then." Tony grabs one so, but then his hand hesitates. "Okay, take two."

"Thank you."

Obadiah waves his free hand before looking in the lab's direction. "You mind if I come down there and see what you're doing?"

"Good night, Obie."

.

.

She turns once again into Mew as soon as they are down in the lab. Tony hands her one of the pieces of pizza and she floats it closer to her mouth. Her mouth opens, but before she can take a bite, Tony says, "You really don't like him, huh?"

She tenses up. "That obvious?"

"I'm a genius, after all."

"And so humble, too."

"Yeah, yeah. Spit it out."

"I already told you." She sighs, putting her pizza slightly away from her. "I can feel the echo of his emotions. And they're not pretty."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. Finish your pizza. We will work next on the first transformation you did."

Eva takes a bite of the pizza, and it's... passable. Not as fluffy and thick as the one that she tasted in Italy. Actually, it tastes like the one she used to make when she wanted one with little effort done in it, made from Mexican tortilla as a base.

"So how it is?"

She looks up. 'It's good, though not something I'd buy for myself.'

"Yeah, sure, but it does help fill the stomach."

"I will still cook something later. Just this won't be able to feed us."

"Awesome, then." He finishes his pizza with quick bites before cleaning his hands with a rag that's filled with oil. She looks at him wryly, but he ignores her as he claps his hands. Okay, so! Transformation, if you would."

Nodding, she takes a small breath and transforms into a Milotic. This time, though, she concentrates on her movements so as to not look silly. Tony would never let her live it down otherwise.

"Oh, cute. How's this one called?"

'Milotic,' she says as she carefully glides back to where there's more space. Apparently, Milotic is bigger than she gave it credit for. Tony moves forward and touches her fins.

"Oh. So it's not scaled hair, but fins. Huh. Okay, I'm no biologist, but it's interesting. Anyway, let's go for the cool powered stuff."

She nods and starts with a simple Water Pulse towards the metal targets Tony prepared beforehand. When it leaves an indent in the metal, she croons. 'This is Water Pulse. It has a chance of confusing someone if it's hit by it.'

"If not outright destroying it. Was this one the strongest you could make or are we still following the half-power rule from yesterday?"

She tilts her head to where there's a piece of destroyed old machinery that wasn't able to survive her Pound. 'Half the power, of course.'

"Okay, next."

She thinks about it. 'Umm, next would be Flail, Splash, and Tackle, which come from the base evolution of Milotic: Feebas, who is a fish.'

"Oh. Those attacks sound..."

'Yeah, I know. They're not really useful, except for maybe tackle.'

"What kind of Pokemon is Feebas, anyway? Does it have any other attacks or..."

'It's like a normal big fish. Just uglier.'

He looks at her form. "How ugly are we talking about?"

'Well, if Milotic is considered one of the prettiest Pokemon, Feebas is considered the ugliest.'

"Huh... Next!"

'Wrap is pretty self-explanatory and until the machinery to resist pressure and the one for hits arrive, we won't know how much force I do.' She sighs before brightening up. 'At least the next is cool. It's called Water Gun.'

Not waiting for a prompt, she shoots a torrent of water toward the target. It manages to bend it, somewhat.

Tony whistles. "JARVIS, send me the info on the power of that shot."

"Done, sir."

"Okay. For the next one, I would need you to cover your ears."

When Tony follows suit, she uses Disarming Voice. And it hits even if she doesn't focus on doing so. 'This one is Disarming Voice. It never fails to hit.'

"Ow. We're lucky you talk by using your mind or I wouldn't be able to hear you."

She laughs and continues by doing a Twister. 'This is a dragon type move, Twister.'

"There are dragons in your world?"

Thinking of Dreepy and Goomy, she grimaces. 'They're not the types of dragon you've got in mind.'

"Have you ever transformed into one?"

'Nope. Do you want me to...' she trails off, unsure.

"No, no. Better not." He shakes his head. "Okay, I think I can hear better. Let's move to a more fun power."

She thinks for a while before looking at him and winking. There are hearts coming out and they're (ugh) pink. Tony gets a dazed look before stepping forward involuntarily. Then he stops and shakes his head. He blinks and turns his head to the side with a mildly horrified gaze. "I had thoughts I shouldn't on a pretty snake. I need some time."

He goes to the couch near the computer and lies down, groaning.

She turns into a Mew and floats towards it. 'Are you fine? It's supposed to be a move to make the other infatuated.'

"Yeah. My mind is just a double-edged sword. I just realized it's too dirty." He sighs. "Can you Sing to me? I never have dreams when you sing to me."

Swallowing, she Sings.

191