Chapter 14
4.5k 15 187
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luckily, Tony felt better after sleeping and having a nice dinner. He was once again giddy and wanted to see Attract being used once again. Something about trying to gain resistance. She refused, of course. She doesn't want him to gain a serpent fetish or something because of her.

She still trained, thought we decided it to not use Rain Dance and Surf indoors and to leave Hydro Pump for when the machinery comes as her Water Gun is already strong and they don't want to see how the targets would fare against Hydro Pump.

Safeguard helps with status conditions, so it's hard to see in action, and Recover she used it for last. It's supposed to help with the HP, but she wanted to see if it helps with stamina, too. Which it does, unlike Aqua Ring, who is also supposed to recharge HP constantly for a short time.

.

.

They spent the next couple of days like that, working on both projects at the same time. Usually Tony writes what she's sure is the prototype of the Mark 2, while she reads about this world's history and other policies about meta-humans. Then, when JARVIS does the calculations, they try another form.

Close to two weeks, they finish with the ones that she has so far transformed. They decide to rest for the day with her training. Though they are unsure if continuing with it to perfect her moves or to choose another Pokemon to transform. Obviously another Psychic as Hatterene has confirmed that it doesn't hurt as much as transforming in non-Psychics.

Tony is now preparing for another flight test. This time, he's wearing both the hand and booths stabilizers. He is more confident than the first time he tried it thanks to her, who is ready to grab him in case he goes flying away.

"Okay. Day 11, test 37, configuration 2.0." he says confidently. He's pretty sure he's done it right this time, after all. He then sighs. "For lack of a better option, Dummy is still on fire safety. If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college."

Dummy beeps sadly, and she tries to hide her smile. She knows Tony is too emotionally attached to Dummy as to follow in his promise. Tony sees her trembling lips and rolls his eyes.. "All right, nice and easy. Seriously, just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity."

He starts the counting and when he reaches one - he lifts off the ground, hovering for a bit with a smile, before landing. Dummy as always follows his movements and she giggles.

"Har. Har." He huffs, before pointing at Dummy. "Okay. Please don't follow me around with it, either, 'cause I feel like I'm gonna catch on fire spontaneously. If something happens, then come in."

She pats Dummy's head when he keeps its position. Tony at least doesn't sound as exasperated as he continues, "Okay, let's bring it up to 2.5."

He once again does the countdown, following the same routine of the other times. He lifts off the ground with less control than before. She straightens up as she watches him sharply. He's hovering all over the lab but doesn't seem to be in danger. Though he's approaching the two cars that are still in the lab because Tony wanted to add them a bit of oomph!

"Okay, this is where I don't want to be! Not the car, not the car!" She giggles, but does steer him away from the car. Though he does pass a table with instruments and semi-destroys it. "Okay, could be worse!"

'Don't tempt Murphy!'

He shots her a glare, but reluctantly nods as he lands. Dummy is there, near, ready to use the fire extinguisher.

Tony is quick to point at him with a finger. "No!"

She giggles, waiting for him to cut the camera before approaching. 'So, you can fly now?'

That effectively changes his humor. "Yeah. Do you know what it means?"

'That you and your ego will finally be at the same height?'

He quirks a smile. "Nope, my furry friend. It means it's time to suit up!"

Then, Tony fist bumps.

The chuunibyou is strong on this one, indeed.

.

.

He does suit up, and it looks as cool as she imagined. Now he's talking with JARVIS about the display inside the mask and the interface and things she honestly should pay attention to, but she can't. She's in too much awe. Because this would be almost impossible to do in her other life. However, Tony did it in a couple months if we consider his time in Afghanistan.

Just, woah.

"All right, what do you say?" says Tony, and she finally looks up at where his eyes are supposed to be. "Finished ogling me, Eva?"

She rolls her eyes, but still smiles at him and claps happily. 'I've got to admit that it's really cool, Tony.'

SHe can hear the smugness in his tone as he turns around and says, "Can we start the virtual walk-around?"

"Importing preferences and calibrating virtual environment."

"Do a check on control surfaces."

"As you wish," says JARVIS. "Test complete. Preparing to power down and begin diagnostics."

"Uh, yeah," he starts, giving her a quick glance as he whispers. "Tell you what. Do a weather and ATC check. Start listening in on ground control."

Unfortunately for Tony, she hears him. Also, JARVIS, pretending to not understand him, answers him through the speakers, "Sir, there are still terabytes of calculations needed before an actual flight is..."

"JARVIS! Sometimes you got to run before you can walk."

She sits up. 'Tony—'

"Ready? In three, two, one."

And he goes out.

She groans out loud, grabbing her head between her paws. There is a corner where Tony threw a shirt and she goes there. She quickly changes into human, as that's the only form where she can talk with JARVIS.

"Okay, JARVIS. How's it going?"

"Sir is currently trying to break the altitude record for fixed wing flight. Though there is a potentially fatal  buildup of ice occurring."

She sighs. "When I transform again, I'll put the bluetooth in my ear, be ready to guide me to the place he is falling."

"Of course, Miss Eva. Though I would advise you to hurry, as I just lost contact with him."

She transforms into Mew and goes out of the garage, ready to catch him before he breaks his neck.

.

.

Reviews fill my soul with motivation :D

Also if you wanna read chapters ahead, go to:

www - Pat - reon - com - /JorieDS

187