Chapter-1
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was like most mornings cold and loud with the sound of thunder.

"You bloody shite. you came here, call me from a ceremony, then go on a rant about how you want to start learning tier-2 magic without giving me an explanation. all while writing runes midair" growled the drenched village elder Huldar while writing multiple runes for lightning midair and raising a stone tablet with the runes for chains carved in them. "And then you made them activate with your shitty mana manipulation and make 'em drench me. Is this a joke?" she looked like an enraged raven with anger issues, small with a lot of wrinkles and snow-white hair. she looked so old that if someone said she was older than Buumor himself they probably meant it.

"I am very sorry, so could we just let bygones be bygones" Cain replied while shrugging. He noticed that she was using a stone tablet that he made for here." Also isn't it a little cruel to hurt me with my creation" Cain said while realizing that maybe provoking the old woman with the power to blow up a mountain wasn't a good idea.

Called her here from her ceremony without giving her any explanation.

Started acting suspiciously and ranting about wanting to learn tier-2 magic.

Made all the runes crumble in her face.

Drenched her while she was wearing her ceremonial dress.

"I think I'll die" he started to panic. he began to run. he ran for his life. even if she is crazy, would she really kill her best pupil... yes she would, he knew from personal experience how insane she was. Bruises still marked his body from his physical training a few days ago. like a deer being chased by a wolf pack, he was running.

*BOOM* "Oh holy shite, oh holy shite I'm gonna die" the young man of 17 thought while running away from the enraged old lady who just dropped the tablet and just started blasting all of the lightning bolts at him." Oh Buumor, please don't let me die today" he didn't even try to control the terror creeping up his face as he ran. He wanted to run far, far away. he ran all through the grassy field and didn't stop even when the lightning bolts stopped shooting towards him but to the area around him. all the grass around him was getting burned, and he was thankful it wasn't him. the only reason he wasn't hit was that her eyesight was waning due to old age. he was sweating a lot by now and felt like he was going to get frostbite. his sweat dripped down on the ground. his hair was jet black and wet with sweat. "Most of it must be from fear rather than the run," he thought.

Cain was far, far away from Huldar by the time he stopped running. he was safe for now, so he started to think about ways to be safe from her wrath later. he thought about all the things that she couldn't do herself, things she liked and things he was good at, to try and offer an olive branch of sorts.

"She had complained a lot about not all her weapons breaking when she used them with her tier-3 strength-enhancing runes. He shuddered from remembering when she said that from a few days ago while she broke those very weapons on him. her favorite weapon was a spear or at least he assumed so as she used that instead of a staff or walking cane. Now, what could he do that the old woman couldn't? enchant weapons with lasting runes. her mana manipulation wasn't good enough to contain the Ludacris power of her mana pool. it was like trying to pour an ocean into a glass jar. The weapons simply broke under her mana.

And Cain on the other hand, had a larger than usual mana pool due to a combination of practice under Huldar, working for the smithy where he lived, and just a byproduct of his mixed heritage. his mana manipulation was the main thing as he had worked on it a lot.

"I need a good spear first," Cain thought out loud. he decided to go to the place he called home, a smithy that looked like it was on fire. he walked up to the front door and then opened it.

"hi I'm home" he shouted but nobody responded, he looked around, but it looked like it was deserted as none of the furniture was there, no tables, no paintings on the wall, no nothing." hi," said Eric Red. Cain screamed at the sight of him. appearing to Cain like he simply appeared out of thin air as he was extremely quiet. he was a bit older than Cain but nearly one and a half the height of Cain and the muscles on his arm were as thick as Cains's thighs, he was enormous. Cain had yelped in a high pitch at the sight of the large man with dark red hair and stubble on his chin, Confusing him.

"Why did u scream?"

"Cause I nearly had a heart attack. it was so quiet and when you came, I didn't even hear anything until you spoke. I felt like a Silencer was upon me," said Cain.

"You scream like a girl." 

"..... I will kill you if you tell anyone."

Eric raised his eyes at the remark and challenged him to try.

"So, what happened here? why did your mom and brothers pack this place up like, the Cessair has come back? asked Cain.

"Oh, didn't you hear, it has," Eric said in a tone that Cain had never heard him use...fear.

1