chapter -2
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Cressair, an ancient force of darkness came back every 100 years. He had been defeated by Buumor, their god long, long ago, during the first cycle, and yet, he hadn't been destroyed. So, every time the Cressair came back and infected the entire Continent-kingdom of Aureliana with its magic and monsters, Buumor their benevolent god blessed Five people with the power to fight it. On their 18th Birthday, a mark would appear on their body. The five heroes are the Fool, the Sage, the champion, and the chosen. It was always on the same day as the appearance of the Cressair. the painting on the wall had a portrait of the entire hero party fighting the Cressair with the Chosen's sword in the stomach of the blackish, shadowy creature. It was their eternal enemy. It always started small splitting pieces of itself and spreading it across Aureliana.

Cain was stunned into silence at the doorway in front of an unmoving Eric. "How do you even know this? asked Cain still in shock."The Saint was discovered in the citadel this morning. Eric replied normally the fear in his voice now hidden replaced by the same expression he had when he went on a hunt, fearless and silent. "my crow was in the mainland this morning. The priests were shouting it in the streets, telling everyone to pack up and evacuate to the Empire".

"Today is your birthday so, Did you get any kind of mark?" Eric asked quietly while crouching a bit to meet eye level with Cain.

'N-No I didn't" Cain replied understanding why he had asked. All the heroes got chosen on the same day and they were always taken and sent to fight the Cressair. Cain didn't need that kind of trouble.

"Now help us pack up, everyone's already in a boat heading for the Empire." Eric was already moving through the living room without waiting for Cain. He opened a back door leading to the smithing area. there were two anvils in the corner of the room. He just lifted one of the two anvils on the shoulder and started to take it to the family longship. His massive muscles strained as he picked the Heaver anvil. "CAIN! *hmph* quit wasting time *hmph* and get the other *humph* one." Cain broke out of his thoughts and started to run to his room upstairs to get his supplies instead of the anvil.

Taking the wooden steps two at a time he reached in a few quick steps. He reached for his Wooden door and yanked it open. He opened his Cuboard and took out a bag and started to stuff all of his clothes in. He stuffed as many as he could and got a separate smaller bag for all of his rune-making supplies. looking at it he remembered his plan to make a spear for Huldar." ahh forget about it" he thought and took out a small stick with a burned end and started to draw a few runes of strength enhancing on his arms and legs, a few of Haste, and then he put the burned stick back in.

Cain had almost forgotten why he was writing the runes on his body."Wait... why am I doing this?" he thought. He remembered when he heard Eric's unmistakable voice shout "When in the hells are you coming with the anvil? You better not have forgotten again". He had to get the lighter Anvil. So, he sat on the ground and started to concentrate his mana inside the runes, powering them up and giving them a new reddish glow. The air thrummed with power as he started to finish. The power in the air died down as he felt energy coursing through his muscles.

He got up wore his bags and ran down the stairs to the smithing area. He went in, the door was already open, and hot air was blowing out. it looked so deserted that had he not worked here every day he would have thought it had been abandoned for longer than a year. then he looked at the bright, fiery, forge in the middle. It burned bright as ever, filling the chimney with intense amounts of smoke and making the entire smithy look like it was on fire. It was made using a powerful, natural vent of fire and mana. Cain then walked over to a corner of the room where a massive Anvil was.

It was extremely heavy yet lighter than the one Eric took. Cain walked over and picked it up and put it on his shoulder. His runes enhanced muscles strained under the weight of the anvil. Cain was envious of Eric's massive strength that allowed him to pick an anvil heavier without the help of any kind of rune. He started to walk out of the room then the house and then he started to walk to the nearby river.

"*Huf, humph,* Cain wheezed, the anvil felt like it was growing heavier with each step. he could see the river in the distance and the grey longship floating on it. It had a sigil on its sail that looked like a raven midflight on it, the raven was the sigil of the Runic folk. The longship had been made from a single tree, a very large tree that he had found deep in the Greywoods. He had put many self-sustaining runes on it for durability, and speed in water and made it poisonous to any kind of sea Barnacle or tubeworm.

He had a feeling of pride looking at such a magnificent ship that he helped build. He continued to labor until Eric appeared from the ship, walking towards him. "much too slow" Cain thought as he struggled not to fall as he tried to place the anvil on the ground. Instead, he fell facefirst on the ground with the anvil in front of him. fainting as he saw Eric running towards him. Eric then took the lighter anvil.

r u reading this cause i told u to do so
  • yes, you told me to. Votes: 1 25.0%
  • no, i read this when i found this on the website. Votes: 3 75.0%
Total voters: 4
0