?????
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thousands /An eternity of years/of time earlier/later

A new moon was in the sky with a sliver of light coming from it. The Creature knew what it/it was here for... after all this time/distance looking/wandering. It would have its revenge/perfection/ending. ‘The journey is getting to me,’ it/it thought, ‘as I am starting to think with sometimes.’ But the cost was worth it when he/she saw the clearing in a long forgotten forest that had 4 seasons. ‘Time, it/it thought ironically, did not favor the sword.’ as the faint moonlight revealed the changes to the sword in a wooden pedestal carved from a stump. The ivy surrounding the sword did not hide the rust/dents/use the sword had from days past/future? . Time travel... isn’t it a pain? One step. A second step. it/it took joy in each step towards the circular clearing. 

“Go home. The story’s over and there isn’t anything else left to experience.” 

The Creature/EXISTENCE  looked at the source of the voice. The sword’s consciousness standing to the front-left of the sword’s resting place. Endeavor

“Those eyes... you’re greedy for more of the story/fate/destiny aren’t you? You want to change it all? You’re not satisfied/done with how it ended?” Endeavor said. The creature looked back to the sword. it/it had no interest with the sword’s... inconvenience/consciousness. 

“Excuse me!” 

The creature looked back to Endeavor’s manifestation.

“I was talking to you! That was rud-“ The creature took another step revealing not only its eyes but a face/neck/body/existence

Endeavor was at a loss for words,”... you. You... you shouldn’t... I see... that’s unfortunate. That explains a lot, too.”

The creature turned its gaze/intent back to the sword. It took a third step. Then another and another... until Endeavor blocked his way a mere 5 steps from its/its goal/prize/end.

“You don’t get to.” Endeavor spoke defiantly/disrespectfully. The Creature stared into the sword’s/ the Zagoonz’/ thE DeAd MAn‘s eyes. Horror entered the Zagoon Endeavor’s eyes/Face/Soul

“Now you show up. Now! After all of it is over! You won’t remember but you know that don’t you. You, still, want to try to change what is to come/ to happen? How will you know what to change when you: don’t know/don’t remember :what will/has happen/ed?” Endeavor spoke like it would be the last minutes... stalling for each second of his existence. Then the mood changed. Endeavor nor the Creature remember the exchange of blows that happened in a flash. They both saw the end result though. Endeavor was dying... but not in the traditional way. The Creature started to question its decision/desire/choice. ‘Am I really going to change... anything?’ The Creature “•?•” couldn’t look at Endeavor as his body was...”?£@&•^*%#” Guilt tickled at the Creature. Endeavor felt it.

“You’re worse than Null. Do you have any guilt for what you are trying to do?” Endeavor continued.

“You have to get rid of me to start the process, but getting rid of anyone isn’t new to you is it? I hope you know this won’t get rid of me when you restart... what I now understand as the cycle. I’ll be asleep for a bit like last time. You know the rules/code for this. ... All of this really is pointless ... ... he was right and I can’t tell him. I won’t even be able to remember this for a long time.” The last part he said rasping to himself. 

“Ok then... shall we play one more game, old friend? Let’s see if who/ he /you can break this... cycle?/loop? Whichever meaning you think describes this. I win if you can’t change any of it permanently or he makes it more favorable for himself. You will win if you change anything permanently for yourself. How will I know? I will know the next time we get here. I’m having something akin to... what did he call it? Dejà vù? I didn’t think I’d feel something like this right now... but it will be different... I’ll remember our last chat like this... as I think this is the last time... ...” The Creature was losing patience with the “dying” Zagoon. He wanted to know what poor idea this... shell was proposing. His eyes conveyed this to Endeavor without even having to say a word.

“If you win? ... ... ... sorry, it’s getting harder to think... ... ... ... then I’ll let you keep resetting ... *gasp* ... until you’re NEVER satisfied. ... .... .....” Endeavor finished with a definitive silence. The dying smirk was evident. ‘You never said what was my cost for losing.’ thought the Creature. Endeavor ... “died” standing. ‘Pity.’ it/it thought, ‘He wasn’t able to protect himself anymore without another.’ Contrary to its/its thought a piece of its/its armor had been chipped off but no one would know this small detail. 

it/it proceeded to then go onto the pedestal, overgrown and truly lost to time. They had laid Endeavor in the stump of the long dead and forgotten four seasons tree. it/it brushed aside the weeds that had grown around and over the forgotten blade of great power. 

Funny, I never normally pull out this sword do I? She does. But she didn’t get to this time.’ 

The Creature grabbed the sword. A temporal/creational energy wave was released. At the same time the Creature laid its/its grasp on the sword, certain beings had different reactions to it/it pulling the sword out... for one last use. 

Someone looked back at the trials she overcame and strengthen the resolve to repeat them. Another knew that he would be forgotten and would forget some things. Another knew he might not exist again as time/fate could be a fickle thing as his father had taught and shown him. Someone dreamed of what could have be and feared what had been. An old stubborn one stayed steadfast with its guard. A balance realized he had the chance to say something to someone he lost. Someone... a rather more important someone to this story, who wasn’t near, realized he couldn’t stop the Creature and that his friend guarding the sword had lost, a part of his abilities had been sealed in his friend. He had lost those abilities for now but it was enough to prevent him to come and stop the Creature. He dreaded what was about to transpire. He took a look back at what he did with regrets and a hope that this time, he would change it. 

...

......

.........

Something the Creature had not thought of occurred.

void for the first time felt joy for the last time. It didn’t want to forget the feeling. It had been forgotten!!  ... No. Deleted by a certain someone. It had been an accident, the void knew this but... there was going to be a price for all parties involved. A chance to be in the story again along with others that had been deleted/forgotten/gone for an eternity? This would entertain him. 

All of this caused by one final choice of the Creature meant to protect ... something he forgot. 

Then Creature, spoke, uttering only one word. One of the words that was etched into existence of the world. Uttering it would change things. 

....

For a price.

“_”!

Everything spun day was night, night was day; the sky was down, the ground was up; dreams and nightmares couldn’t be distinguished or stopped; creatures were unmade; stories of live were unwritten! Chaos, Destruction, Agony reigned!!

Then everything stopped. Existence was still.

... Until the Big Bang happened.

0