Part 3 – Room no. 132
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I was watching the cashier do her work, she suddenly stopped what she was doing and looked behind me... Her eyes literally gleamed.

What? What is with that look? What is she looking at like this? 

I was curious.

I turned my head towards the direction at which she was looking. And... 

My eyes met a familiar pair of dark brown ones with the same unreadable expression they always hold.

The sudden proximity made my heart race. I must say, I was, for a moment, lost in his eyes. This is the first time I'm looking at his eyes so close. And his eyes make me wonder how I've never noticed them before. His eyes were definitely attractive, but that's not all, they had something else that captivated me. 

Something else. What could it be? 

While I was trying to figure his eyes out, all of a sudden,

"Ignoring me?" 

I heard him ask me. And... I was supposed to answer. But my mind that wasn't expecting him to speak, had other plans as it failed my legs.

*Thud*

"Ahhh" with that I fell back flat... again. Two times in a day.

But this time I stood up quickly than I did in the morning. Practice makes a man perfect they say, don't they? And he had the same unbothered face too, but instead of coffee mug, he carried some books.

"You saw me and turned the other way, didn't you?" He asked knowingly.

He noticed? I thought he didn't.

"No, why would I do that? I'm just seeing you now." I laughed nervously. "And Hi... Came for shopping?" I asked pointing at his books.

He raised a single brow in suspicion. 

"Okay, okay, I saw you. But you were talking on your phone. I didn't want to disturb you... that's why I left." I acted it out to him.

"Oh, really? It seemed like you ignored me purposefully because you didn't want me to see you." He said pointing his finger at me accusing. "But fine, I'll go with it for now." 

The cashier looked at us.

Uhm-

I held his pointed finger and lowered it asking, "Woah, that's a lot of books?" in an attempt to change the topic.

But he simply ignored me. "Crayons?" He snickered. "Aren't you a bit too old for this?" He asked looking at the counter.

"What?" I moved my gaze towards the counter as the cashier was putting the crayons in my bag.

"Actually, it's for my daugh-"

"Here is your bill mam." The cashier interrupted me mid-sentence as she handed me the bill.

I paid my expenses and got the things while Insoo handed his items to be billed.

'Woah... Was I really about to tell him that?' I was a little surprised at myself.

"Then... See you tomorrow." I slightly bowed and decided to leave.

I took my bag and started walking towards the exit until he spoke again.

"Didn't you forget something?" He asked.

What... 

I turned to face him.

He waved my handbag in front of my face.

"Oh, it's my handbag!" The conversation I had with my daughter flashed through my mind as I quickly grabbed it from his hand.

"How- How do you have it?"

"I'm pretty sure the right words you're searching for is 'Thank you'. But to answer your question... you left it on my table." He smirked, a smirk that said, 'Didn't I tell you, you're forgetful? See...'

"Oh... did I do such an irresponsible thing. I must have had the circumstances to do that. Mm... hmm... This is the first time I've left behind my belongings."

He made that I-know-It's-a-big-fat-lie-but-uh-okay kind of expression.

"But thank you for bringing it for me... This won't happen again." 

And with that I started to walk again but was interrupted one more time.

"By the way..." he started.

What now? 

I turned back to face him again.

"What?" I asked wearily.

"I know I'm handsome, but isn't fainting every time you see me a bit too obvious?"

"What?" 

Whaaat? 

"Faint..? I didn't faint! I just fell because... you- you came out of nowhere and I was shocked... You were so close too. Anyone would be shocked when people scare them like that." I blurted.

"Mm... Hmm..." He hummed.

"You're always sneaky." I added.

"And... You're always clumsy." He retorted.

I opened my mouth to argue back but I was out of points. I've going to leave. 

"Uh... Whatever......... If that's all, I'm leaving. Meet you tomorrow." 

I left without taking a second glance.

~

~

~

I walked on the road carrying all the items I had bought. 

I was a little worried about Iseul so I walked as fast as I could. 

I decided to call Iseul just to make sure she's fine.

"Yes, I should call her..." Without thinking much, I dialled the landline.

I grew anxious with every ring that went unanswered, but finally...

"Hello? Momma...?" I was relieved. 

She's safe... I guess I was worried for nothing.

"Ahh... Iseul, I bought your crayons, do you need anything else?" I asked the first random thing that came to my mind.

"No momma... Just crayons", she said.

"Uh, I just wanted to make sure if that was everything... Okay then, I'll be there within 3 minutes, stay safe Iseul..." I cut the call. 

My pace slowed down a bit since I couldn't walk faster carrying things. After talking with her I could relax a little.

The street was getting dark and cold. I looked carefully to check if I was being followed or if there was someone suspicious. 

It has become my habit to check things like this. I had to keep my eyes and mind wide open all the time to make sure that we were safe. 

I watched Mr.Moon's car pass by, he was driving it. 

After seeing him, my thoughts shifted back to the store and the encounter I had with him.

For some reason, the moment where his face was inches away from mine crossed my mind. And oddly enough, even thinking about it made my heart rate increase. 

My thoughts were interrupted when a balloon came flying towards me with a small kid running behind it. 

I quickly grabbed the balloon and the kid stood before me.

I crouched down to face his level. "Here it is." I said handing him the balloon. He smiled as he got it from me.

"Where are your parents dear?" I asked looking to the surroundings having noticed no one around.

"They-" The kid began and his parents arrived just then.

"Eunho... I told you not to run away, didn't I?" His mother came quickly and pulled her son towards her. 

His father followed closely behind. "Sorry if my son had bothered you..." She said to me a little worried.

"Oh no, don't be..." I let out a laugh. 

"Eunho... Say thank you to Noona for getting your balloon." She advised her child.

[Noona - A korean term used by male to address an older female; sister]

"Thank you for the balloon, noona..." The boy did what her mother asked him to do.

"Aw, you're welcome..." I said smiling. "Your son is cute." I told her as she smiled.

After a moment, they took their leave. 

As I watched them disappear into the croud.

I've got no rights to judge someone's life but their life seemed peaceful, beautiful... And... Normal. Everything I wished for in my life... 

Only if our lives were a little safer, only if our lives were normal... It'd have been nice. 

Then... I and Iseul wouldn't have the need to live like this. Then, I wouldn't have to stay worried all the time thinking if something would happen to us... to her. We could be a little more free.

But it's just a wishful thinking. There's no way our lives would turn normal. My life is meant to be this way. Even if I turn the time back and went 7 years back, where it all had started, even then, I wouldn't have been able to do anything. I had no choice. 

I never had a choice...

~

Somewhere...

A man in his late 20s, was looking at a photo... Of a woman... A high-school girl to be exact, paying attention to every single detail of her...

The girl in that photo was...

Ro Dayun...

"I will find you." He whispered.

"Come in." He said after hearing a knock on the door. 

The person who came in bowed to him as he announced, "He has come sir."

His statement made the man smiled an evil smile. "Let him in." He ordered.

~

The two men settled for a drink.

"So, Jo-hwa... What news did you get for me?" The man whose name was Hyun Hee-sang asked.

"We're still searching her sir... One of our men reported to have seen her in a grocery store. But we're yet to verify his claims. We're searching around that area." He recited.

Hee-sung just hummed a "Mm..." asking him to continue.

"Also, it was reported that she was seen with a man."

"A man?" Hee-sang questioned.

"Yes sir, from the information collected, yes... She was with a man." He confirmed.

"Who is he? What's her relationship with him?" He asked interested.

"That, we couldn't find sir, they couldn't see his face."

"Search, I want more information on him." He demanded.

"We're on it, already..." He quickly replied.

"Then, what about......... her?" He asked.

"Sorry sir... We couldn't find anything about young miss..." He replied knowing who he meant. "But, we're positive, we just need a little more time-" 

"Time? I've given you a lot of time, I've given you 7 freaking years already!..." He raised his voice. "So, don't ask for more time... You've to show progress within two weeks." He made it final.

"Okay sir." He could do nothing but oblige and regret asking for time in the first place.

"You still have your head on your body because you've been showing progress, if you want it to continue that way, you better start working hard..." He warned. "I need more information and I want it quick, use all the resources and get her somehow. You know, what happens if you fail."

"I know... I'll be on it. We'll find her soon." He reassured. 

"Good. I'll see it." He challenged.

"Yes sir." He had to accept.

After telling him everything, Jo-hwa left the room.

"Let's see how long you can hide, my lady..." Hee-sang whispered to her photo again as he smirked.

~

Dayun's POV,

I finally reached our apartment and was relieved but my relief was short lived as I noticed something or rather someone... Suspicious.

I watched a man walking near our apartment in all blacks. But the thing that actually caught my attention was... 

His tattoo...

He had a tattoo on the back of his neck. I couldn't look at it as it was dark but I'm pretty sure I saw... A panther...

His neck was mostly covered and I was not sure if I saw right but the possibility that it might be what I was thinking scared me to death.

"Iseul... No..." I was panic stricken as I dropped all the bags at the gate and started running towards our room.

The elevator wasn't available so I took the stairs. I quickly ran up the stairs to the third floor. Our door number was 132. 

Part of me tried to convince me with the fact that I've just talked with Iseul and she would be fine. 

But the other part started to think about all the bad things that could happen to Iseul. It made me nauseous. 

I felt uneasiness growing inside me. In this small amount of time, I've blamed myself at least a hundred times for leaving her behind. I should've brought her with me. I should've dragged her with me, at least. 

129... 130... I'm almost there... I've to pass just one more room... These mere seconds felt like hours as I desperately prayed for her to be safe and sound.

When I reached there, I had another panic attack...

The door was open...

Who was that guy that Dayun saw?

Is Iseul safe?

Stay tuned.

To be continued...

0