Chapter 26: Bad News
234 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few spies outside the antique shop were unaware that their operation had failed and was waiting when Jack quickly took care of them. Except for one spy who disguised himself as a taxi driver and managed to escape, the others had their necks or spines twisted and broken.

Jack watched the taxi fleeing in panic and shook his head. Fortunately, their team arrived just in time to support him, and Jack took a car to chase after the taxi.

They eventually arrived at a small pier, and Jack and the spy came almost at the same time. The spy got out of the car and saw Jack smiling and waving at him from behind, causing him to panic and forget that he even had a gun, and he ran towards the pier as fast as he could.

Upon arriving at the dock, Jack had already achieved his goal. Walking behind the spy, people around them saw a soldier chasing after someone running quickly. So the people spread to avoid getting caught in the crossfire.

While the spy was running, he pulled out a lighter from his pocket and pressed a button as he ran. Not far away, a small single-person submarine slowly appeared on the water and opened its hatch.

The spy quickly looked behind him and didn't see the soldier chasing him. He was overjoyed at the thought that he would be safe as long as he could get on the submarine.

Just as he thought he was about to escape, a mini arrow, as thin as a chopstick, flew from behind and pierced through the spy's neck, slamming into the pillar in front of him with unstoppable force.

'How...could...this...be...' This was the spy's last thought before he collapsed on the pier, and blood rushed into the sea.

Jack walked over, carefully avoiding the blood on the ground, and looked at the submarine below the pier. This was his target. It wouldn't have been so troublesome if it weren't for the submarine. As for what to do with it, he would definitely keep it as a collection. The Hydra had advanced technology, and even Howard Stark couldn't understand the technology in this submarine.

It was worth keeping!

After storing the submarine in the salvage pool, Jack notified someone to clean up the scene and then returned to the secret base.

......

Colonel Philip was furious, and anyone could tell.

Senator Brant had brought a spy into their secret base, almost causing the Super Soldier program to fail. But instead of apologizing, Brant just left, claiming he had to report to the president. If Brant hadn't been of a higher rank, Phillip would have killed him on the spot.

But seeing Steve undergoing a physical examination made Phillip feel a little better. At least his efforts weren't useless. He needed to arrange the first super soldier carefully, or else any flaws would threaten the entire program.

"How's everything going here?" When Jack returned, exhausted and covered in dust, Colonel Phillip immediately took notice of him with an uneasy look.

As expected.

"Captain Wayne, starting today, you are responsible for training Rogers to get him quickly adapted to his new body and ready for combat. Do you have any questions?"

"Of course, I have many!" objected Jack. "Wait, when did I become a captain? And does Rogers even need training? He's already beating me like it's child's play. Are you sure I'm qualified to train him?"

"Of course I do, a lot of them!"

Jack resisted and said, "Wait a minute, when did I become a captain? And does Rogers still need training? Are you sure I can train him?"

"As for your appointment as a captain, it's now. And as for why you need to train Rogers..."

Crack!

Phillip's words were interrupted by a sudden sound. Jack turned his head towards the medical room door. Steve was standing awkwardly, holding a piece of a doorknob, with Peggy behind him struggling to hold back her laughter.

"...Okay, I accept this task," Jack said

"I'm glad you accepted this task. Remember, you only have one week." Philip replied

"Leave it to me," Jack said

......

Suddenly, the surge of power made Steve temporarily unable to adapt. During the blood test, he had already broken a chair, smashed a table, and damaged a medicine cabinet. This made the nurse's blood pressure increase.

From this, it was obvious that Steve needed to train and at least learn to control his strength.

One week was a bit short, so drastic measures were needed.

The Strategic Science Corps' training ground was in their secret New York secret base.

"Why do we need this for training?" Steve asked as he waited in the field. Soon, Jack came over carrying a tray of eggs.

He was confused; didn't they agree on training? Why did Jack bring so many eggs?

"Continue!"

"What?"

Steve was confused when he heard a reminder and saw an egg flying toward him. He quickly reached out to catch it.

"Crack!"

As expected, Steve's grip instantly crushed the fragile egg, and the shell was completely smashed.

"Very good, at least you have a reaction time," praised Jack, who then picked up another raw egg with a smile and looked at Steve. "Now it's time to train your control."

"..."

Looking at the egg yolk and egg white on his hands and pants and the large bucket of eggs under Jack's feet, Steve felt he would be doing laundry today.

From morning until afternoon, after destroying more than two thousand eggs, Steve was covered in egg yolk and egg white and covered in a pile of broken eggshells.

After a long and intense training period, Steve has finally made some progress. Initially, he was breaking 100% of the eggs thrown at him, but now he can safely catch 8 out of 10.

This is a significant improvement that can be attributed to the strengthening of both his body and mind.

Initially, Steve was very uncomfortable, but he quickly adapted and made significant progress. According to Jack, with this rate of improvement, they would finish the training in just two or three days.

Jack trained Steve's control over strength and taught him a practical set of combat skills derived from the Brotherhood and the Cross heritage.

A week passed, and on this day, an unexpected visitor arrived at the secret base with unbelievable news.

Dr. Erskine had died!

6