Chapter 29: Infiltration
222 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Howard knew what Jack would do and volunteered to escort them in personally.

Jack ordered them to depart as night fell, as it would be easier to infiltrate in the night. Howard started the plane, and inside the cabin were Jack and Steve, who were dressed like in a movie and even had his shield from his performance with him.

"The place you need to go is in Koseberg. The Hydra's weapon is located between two mountains, and it should be easy to find," explained Peggy as she handed Steve a signal transmitter from her bag.

"Take this, once the mission is complete, send a signal, and we'll come to pick you up," Peggy said, handing Steve a signal transmitter.

"Is this thing... effective?" Steve asked.

"He's tested it more than you have!" Peggy quipped, causing Jack to chuckle with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes and teased Peggy, "Oh, dear Agent Carter, why haven't I had such good stuff before?"

"..."

Peggy didn't reply. She just rolled her eyes at him.

Steve looked at Peggy with emotional looks. Noticing his gaze, Peggy looked back at him.

Watching this couple exuding a strong lovey-dovey scent, Jack twitched his lips, turned his head, and ignored them.

The plane flew for about two hours, and just as it entered Korsbek, the Germans finally detected the intruder.

Despite the danger, Jack and Steve had to parachute early, but luckily, they were only a few miles away from their destination.

With the enemy's invasion, the Germans naturally launched a series of major investigations.

A squad of German soldiers walked through the forest, carefully observing every grass and every tree with flashlights.

Above their heads, Jack carefully packed his parachute into a bundle and placed it on a tree branch. He kept his eyes on the German troops below and checked his weapons and equipment.

As soon as the German troops left, Jack heard a strange sound. Suddenly, Steve emerged from a dense bush below and ran away in the distance, looking chaotic.

Shaking his head, Jack was unable to comment on Steve's behavior. They were actively searched for, and he just ran out like that.

Helplessly, Jack jumped down from the tree and, cat-like, crouching low, chased after Steve.

On the side of a forest route, Steve crouched behind a bush. In the distance, a convoy was slowly approaching, and if he remembered correctly, they were headed toward their destination.

"If I were you, I'd crouch lower," said Jack, who had dashed over to Steve's side. "Your butt is sticking out!"

"Sorry," replied Steve, awkwardly adjusting his position and trying to hide his body as best he could in the bushes.

"We hit the jackpot," observed Jack, as he noticed the menacing Hydra logo on one of the trucks and analyzed the tire tracks. "The trucks are empty, and they must be headed to the armory to transport weapons and equipment. It looks like we can hitch a ride!"

Jack and Steve quickly jumped out as the convoy passed their hiding spot and climbed into the last truck.

Two soldiers of the Hydra organization sat at the side, seemingly engaged in conversation. The next moment, they noticed a sudden movement, and before turning their heads, they lost consciousness.

"Looks like you still have a lot to learn!" said Jack as he casually snapped the soldiers' necks. Sitting in the corner, he watched Steve, who seemed startled by what he had just witnessed. "This is war. It's either they die, or we die. Being soft-hearted is not a luxury we can afford here."

Steve had never seen anyone die before and wasn't prepared for this. He only wanted to knock them out, but Jack acted first and killed them.

"You can't just rely on your shield on the battlefield," Jack explained as he retrieved a knife from his leg and handed it to Steve. "Remember, the best defense is a good offense. If you want to end the war, you must be a part of it."

Steve looked at him with a complex expression, hesitated for a moment, and then took the knife from Jack and fastened it to his waist.

Jack nodded silently. At least it was a good start.

The convoy continued to move forward for more than an hour, and finally, they arrived at a location.

After quietly observing the environment, Jack realized that the factory was heavily guarded. Many searchlights were monitoring the area from above, Hydra soldiers were patrolling everywhere, and even security cameras were in sight.

He silently admired the advanced technology of Hydra.

Then he turned to Steve and said, "Listen, when we enter the factory, we'll split up. You find Barnes, who is being held captive, while I gather intelligence in their main building. After we're done, we'll meet at the base of the left mountain. Understand?"

"Understood!" Steve replied sternly

"Good, let's move."

The train car door opened with a whoosh, and the two men stepped out into the night.

Just as the two of them finished discussing, a Hydra soldier opened the car curtain and caught sight of Jack and Steve. Before they could react, Steve quickly grabbed him by the neck and pulled him inside.

Jack and Steve jumped out of the car, looked around, nodded at each other, and immediately split up to go in different directions.

Jack's target was the isolation area of the weapons factory, where most of the important facilities were located, including the archive room, which was his target.

He carefully crossed a parking lot, where the latest tanks and armored vehicles produced by Hydra were parked, all powered by cosmic cube energy, with performance that left Allied tanks in the dust.

Following the principle of not leaving anything to waste, Jack casually took one of the tanks and put in the storage, thinking that Johann Schmidt probably wouldn't mind.

5