Chapter 30: Red Skull
216 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack finally arrived at his destination, passing through the parking lot and avoiding several patrol teams.

This area was the center of weapons manufacturer and the mass of weapon workshops. The weapons produced here in a day are enough to fight a small-scale war.

Jack, like a ghost, bypassed many soldiers and entered the factory. He did not forget that there were many good things here, and he could not afford to forget them.

Inside the factory was a scene of extreme activity, with many ragged, skinny, and numb-looking prisoners of war repeatedly performing heavy and tiresome work.

Surrounding them were Hydra soldiers holding firearms and standing with disdainful attention. Anyone who slowed down even slightly would receive a beating.

Jack did not pay too much attention to them. His mission was not to rescue people but to steal and gather intelligence.

Carefully avoiding the patrolling soldiers and cameras, Jack sneaked into a corner where he collected some magical weapons. He hurriedly made his way to the main building next door.

As soon as he stepped out of the factory, he heard a fuss outside, followed by gunfire. It was obvious that Steve had successfully freed the captured soldiers, causing chaos.

If he remembered correctly, Schmidt would soon detonate the entire armory. He had to hurry.

The escape soldiers had thrown the entire armory into chaos. Jack did not have time to hide his presence and rushed into the building, pulling out his pistol from his holster.

According to intelligence, the archives were on the top floor. Jack did not stop for a moment and rushed to the top floor. After dealing with a few soldiers along the way, he finally found the archive.

Having found the information he was looking for, Jack exited the archive and hurriedly turned to leave when suddenly...

"Boom, boom"

A violent explosion shook the entire building, causing Jack to speed up his run. He knew he would be buried alive if he didn't run. As he descended two floors and turned a corner, he saw a short figure running towards him, catching his attention. The figure also noticed him and froze in place.

Jack recognized the person as Arnim Zola, the chief scientist of the Red Skull. This guy was a genius in terms of his research capabilities and ability to experiment with the cosmic cube energy, a feat that even the future organization of S.H.I.E.L.D. would take many years to achieve.

There's no denying that this person is cunning, and Jack must be cautious. He spent years hiding in SHIELD before successfully transforming it into a Hydra outpost in Washington, D.C. This shows his capabilities.

He would use an algorithm that almost killed over 20 million people in the future.

However, right now, he's just a powerless scientist.

Zola notices Jack, too but hesitates for a moment. He can tell immediately that he is not on his side. However, Jack grabs him before he can even think about running away.

Given that there's nothing good in the Multiverse Salvage Pool, Zola is a valuable asset to him!

Zola struggled to break free from Jack's grasp, but his hand was stuck to his shoulder, and he couldn't escape.

"Help!!" Zola yelled in a panic.

"Let me go! Please let me go! I can give you my research! It'll make you rich beyond your wildest dreams!"

Zola knew that no one was coming to rescue him now that all the troops had been sent to suppress the revolt. And in a few minutes, the base would explode, so he had to get out of there quickly.

"No, no, no, Dr. Zola, you are my wealth!"

Jack took the briefcase from Zola's hand while still firmly holding onto him. "Don't you know that the knowledge in your head is the most valuable thing?"

Thud, thud, thud!

Suddenly, there were urgent footsteps behind them. At the same time, Jack felt a deadly danger, and without hesitation, he pushed Zola aside and swooped forward.

Whoosh!

A cold wind passed just above his scalp, and at that moment, he took a quick glance back, and sure enough, it was none other than Red Skull Johann Schmidt who had arrived.

Only this person could give him this kind of threat.

Seeing that Jack had dodged his attack, there was a hint of surprise on Schmidt's face.

Dr. Zola, who had broken free from his control, crawled behind Schmidt just as another explosion sounded.

"You're pretty good, soldier! If I'm not mistaken, you're the Ghost, right?"

The Ghost was Jack's code name in the German army. Although Schmidt had never seen him before, Hydra's intelligence network was very powerful, and he knew that the famous Ghost had been well-known lately.

Therefore, seeing Jack for the first time, Schmidt had a strong sense of honor.

He handed the suitcase in his hand to Zola behind him, twisted his arm, and said with interest, "Come on, let me see how strong the famous battlefield ghost really is!"

With that, he rushed towards Jack at speed far beyond that of an ordinary person.

The opponent's speed was so fast that he could only capture a blurry image, even with his vision three times better than an ordinary person's. As a last resort, he had to activate bullet time!

Suddenly, it felt as if the whole world had everything slowed down. Only then did Jack realize that Schmidt's fist was coming towards his head.

Jack quickly leaned his upper body backward and moved his feet two steps back, narrowly avoiding the punch. He raised his right foot high and kicked toward Schmidt's left face, hoping to force him back.

However, he didn't expect that just as he thought this move would be effective, Schmidt suddenly lifted his leg and kicked him hard in the chest!

It was like being hit head-on by a large truck. Jack's body flew straight out for seven or eight meters and landed heavily on the ground.

Jack coughed heavily, holding his chest and struggling to stand up. He couldn't help but spit out a mouthful of blood.

This kick had caused his bone to crack, two ribs to break, and his lungs to be injured. If he weren't exceptionally tough, an ordinary person would have had trouble moving at this point. 

Jack gasped and looked at Schmidt, the burning air causing intense pain in his lungs.

At that moment, he finally realized the huge gap between himself and the super soldier.

....

Note: he just took a vial weakend version of super soldier serum in Chapter 3

7