Chapter 31: Escape
208 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack had always been confident since he was transported to another world. With three times the physical abilities of an ordinary person and inheriting the complete abilities of the Assassin Master Cross

This made him arrogant.

Suddenly, he felt grateful to Steve. It seemed that during their training sessions, Steve had been holding back.

"To be honest, I'm disappointed, but it's to be expected!" The Red Skull didn't pursue the attack, instead shaking his head arrogantly. "After all, I am superior to all humans. It's normal for you not to be my match!"

"Hehe, in the end, you are just a human too!" Jack struggled to sit up and looked at the Red Skeleton with a mocking expression, holding his ribs.

The Red Skeleton's strength was much stronger than he had expected.

"Ah, you're trying to anger me! Trying to delay time!" The Red Skeleton saw through his intentions with one glance. He wasn't angry but instead pulled out a gun from his waist. "You're very successful, but unfortunately, I don't have time to waste with you!"

With that, he raised his arm, about to shoot Jack.

Jack's eyes sharpened, quickly pulling a coin-sized disc from his gun holster under his armpit and lightly tossing it at the Red Skull's feet.

The disc exploded, emitting a bright light and intense smoke. The Red Skull was about to dodge but was caught off guard.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Jack dragged his injured body and rushed towards the window at the end of the corridor, jumping through it.

Just as he flew out the window, a blue energy bullet narrowly missed grazing his scalp, leaving him soaked in sweat. He knew that this would not disturb the Red Skull for long, but he didn't expect him to recover so quickly.

Luckily, he hadn't been tried enough to try and take the Red Skull's head. Otherwise, he might have been killed before he drew his gun.

Jack had only jumped from the second floor, so he didn't have to worry about falling to his death.

As soon as he landed, he didn't hesitate and ran as fast as possible. While running, he even shot at the window upstairs to protect his back.

But obviously, the Red Skull didn't intend to pursue him. When he realized Jack had escaped, he hurriedly rushed to the runway. If he didn't leave now, it would be too late.

Jack ran all the way. Luckily the base was in chaos, and he didn't encounter any soldiers. He successfully broke through the entrance and slipped into the jungle.

It wasn't until he ran for more than ten miles that he finally sat down under a big tree.

As soon as he sat down, he couldn't hold back the blood and vomited it. The violent coughing stirred the lung injuries, causing burning pain.

This was the second time Jack almost lost his life since he was transported into this world. The first time was on the battlefield when he first traveled through time, and this time it was the Red Skull.

Feeling the pain in his chest and lungs, Jack gritted his teeth and took out a small syringe, not even bothering to disinfect it, and stabbed it into his neck.

The medication in the syringe was pushed into his body, and Jack gradually felt the pain in his chest drop slightly.

"It's actually effective."

Jack's breathing became smoother, and he planned to ask Howard for more when he would return. It could be a lifesaver in critical moments!

"Click!!"

The sound of breaking branches woke Jack up, and he almost instantly drew his pistol and aimed it at the other person.

"Hey, it's me!" Steve stood behind him, holding the shield with a rough appearance.

"Thank goodness!" Seeing that it was him, Jack finally breathed a sigh of relief, followed by heavy fatigue.

'Finally safe!'

This was his last thought before losing consciousness.

...

Three days later, at the Strategic Science Corps.

Inside the command post.

"The last surveillance plane has returned but still hasn't found their trace!" Peggy placed a folder in front of Colonel Phillips, who glanced at it briefly before closing it and taking a sip of his coffee, looking relaxed and not saying anything.

"Do we need to continue sending reconnaissance planes?" Peggy asked.

"No, no need!" Colonel Phillips waved his hand indifferently at Peggy's suggestion. "I trust Jack. He will come back safely."

"But..."

"I know you're worried about Rogers, but as a super soldier, I have some trust in him!"

Trust? Colonel Phillips did have trust, but not in Rogers. He didn't think a recruit who had never been to war could survive and make it back alive from 30 miles Hydra's territory, even if he was a super soldier!

He just had trust in Jack.

If he didn't trust him, he would have had to send a telegram to Washington reporting Captain America missing and expressing condolences.

Peggy still had a worried look, but there was a sound outside before she could say anything.

A soldier rushed in and handed Colonel Phillip a telegram. Phillip's serious face finally broke into a smile as he read the telegram, announcing that a group of soldiers led by Rogers was approaching their camp from five miles away.

Peggy was overjoyed to hear the news and exclaimed, "He did it!"

Meanwhile, Jack, who was resting in a transport truck, was woken up by the sound of cheers. He had been seriously injured, and his body had not yet fully recovered, despite his three times enhanced physical abilities.

As the vehicle came to a stop and the cheers outside grew louder, Jack knew that they had safely returned to the base.

The door of the transport vehicle suddenly opened, and Steve, commanding a few medics, tried to move him onto a stretcher.

"No, it's okay, I can walk," Jack politely declined their offer and quickly got up, climbing out of the transport vehicle.

Outside was lively, and everyone wore an expression of joy for surviving. Colonel Philip stood beside the vehicle, looking at him.

"Colonel!" Jack took a cigarette-sized camera from his pocket and handed it to Philip. "The mission is complete, but the mission report will probably have to wait a few days... cough, cough... maybe a week..."

"Go see a doctor and get your injury treated, and then return to the team," Philip took the camera without saying anything.

He had already asked Steve about Jack's encounter with the Red Skull, so it was not surprising that he was injured. After all, Jack was not a super soldier.

"Yes, sir," Jack nodded and headed towards the hospital. As for Steve, he was left behind. He had proved himself well this time, and Philip immediately decided to have him join the Strategic Science Corps!

4