Chapter 33: Another Mission
217 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed.

On the European battlefield, attacking a Hydra's base was not an easy task. Even a fully-armed troop would struggle to take down the defenses of the Hydra.

The best way to approach such a fortress was to act at night.

And so...

"Steve, how many times do I have to tell you to keep your butt down?" muttered Jack under his breath as he looked through the scope at Steve. He couldn't understand why Steve always lifted his butt so high.

Although to be fair, only a few people had noticed him before.

They had a simple plan: Steve would infiltrate the base and take out the guards as the super soldier, while the Howling Commandos team waiting outside would rush in and kill the soldiers. Once the assault team had succeeded, the main force stationed several miles away would come to collect the loot.

Meanwhile, Jack's task was the easiest: he had to ensure Steve wasn't caught or killed when infiltrating the base.

It was a simple task, but given the reckless behavior of the enemy, it was not easy. Because time was running out, and they needed to take down this armory before the next one received a message and increased its alert level.

Whether or not their daylight infiltration would be successful remained to be seen. As it turned out, a loud alarm sounded inside the base almost the moment Steve approached the wall.

The operation is compromised, infiltration failed, and they can only force an attack!

Jack no longer focuses on Steve. He takes special care of the Hydra's heavy firepower with his gun. Although it is still very dangerous, the Howling Commando Team rushes up.

Seeing this, Steve abandons his plan to climb over the wall and instead charges toward the gate!

"Fire!!"

The only patrol with a machine gun at the gate is about to open fire when it sees Steve charging towards him. However, the latter calmly raises his shield and places it in front of his body. The machine gunner adjusts his aim to Steve's completely unprotected legs!

"Puff"

However, a bullet enters his head before he can pull the trigger, without knowing how he died.

Silently putting the hot casing into the bag at his waist, Jack looked for his next target.

Under his guidance, the heavy firepower of the Hydra was almost completely destroyed. The few remaining soldiers couldn't put up a fight and soon retreated in defeat as Steve led the charge into the main base.

Steve led his team out of the factory with spirit and pride. Explosions suddenly rang out behind them, and the factory was reduced to rubble in no time.

Jack put away his sniper rifle and quickly rejoined the team. The rest of the troops were coming to finish the job, and they needed to hurry to the next military factory.

Over the next month, Schmidt fully experienced what it meant to have a "fire under his ass." The Allied forces launched strikes on the Hydra's base he controlled all over the European occupation zone. He suffered heavy losses in just a month.

He had considered moving their base, but before he could start the process, Captain America and his assault team had already arrived at his doorstep.

Only three of more than a dozen military factories had safely transferred their equipment and weapons. The rest had been left behind, with no time to move them.

Schmidt wanted to provide support, but the Howling Commandos always got there first. He was so angry that he even killed several factory managers.

Schmidt stood in anger on the ruins of what used to be his biggest factory, which was destroyed by the Howling Commandos Team a few hours ago.

He was furious and venting his anger on everyone, and unfortunately for Zola, he became the target of his frustration.

"We could have conquered the world quickly, but we have been delayed because you couldn't handle a stupid man with a shield and a sneaky little rat!"

"I apologize. That's not my expertise. I am only capable of developing various weapons. Zola dared not express dissatisfaction or even try to argue, as he feared that Schmidt might shoot him in anger.

Schmidt suddenly turned around and stared at him with his eyes fixed on him. "Take care of him before that Captain America takes care of you!"

From his eyes, Zola realized that if he had no use, Schmidt would have killed him in anger!

"Sir, we have a captive here!"

Two soldiers found a survivor, or rather, the only tough guy who dared to not surrender or run away.

"Sir, our entire army has been defeated!" one soldier said.

Schmidt's gaze was dark, and he silently drew his gun. "Don't lie to me!"

The soldier said nothing and was shot.

"Shoo!"

...

Inside Norway

Jack took the intelligence report handed over by Steve, quickly read it, and furrowed his brows: "Why did they suddenly change our mission objective? We're not taking out their factory anymore?"

Steve shook his head.

Steve shook his head, equally puzzled: "I don't know. Colonel Philip only said to kidnap someone. As for the factory, most of them have already been destroyed by us, and the remaining few are hiding. It's no problem for my team to continue!"

"Alright then, be careful!"

Three days later, in Oslo, Norway

This base is well hidden. It's built entirely inside the mountain, carved out of natural caves. After observation, there is only one entrance and exit.

The security here was extremely tight. Only supply trucks were allowed once a month, and all other entry and exits were restricted. Luckily for Jack, today was the day for the supply truck to arrive, according to his info.

Looking through his binoculars at the main entrance, Jack furrowed his brow. The entrance looks like a door, but it's just a hole. From the outside, you wouldn't think there's anything special inside.

The problem is the guards are too vigilant, and he can't find an opportunity to get in. Once he's inside, no one will be able to escape!

The only hope is the supply truck convoy, but Jack is forced to patiently wait.

"Hmm?"

Just then, his telescope quickly scanned past something, and Jack let out a surprised "Huh?"

As he quickly adjusted it to look back at the same spot.

He had just spotted someone, An old friend.

Claire Vayant, that Russian female special agent who looks just like the Black Widow!

'What is she doing here?'

5