Chapter 35: Brainwashing Drug
210 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Those people didn't expect Jack's arrival and were caught off guard. In just the first round, most of them were killed or injured, leaving Gerhard Winkler exposed and unprotected.

He seemed dignified and relentless, and when he realized he couldn't escape, he tried to commit suicide by taking poison.

Jack wouldn't allow that. He stepped forward and grabbed Gerhard Winkler's jaw just as he was about to bite into the poison pill. With a slight force, there was a crisp sound as Gerhard Winkler's jaw was dislocated.

"Sorry!"

Without hesitation, Jack hit Joeven Winkler's neck with his palm and hadn't even had a chance to scream before he fainted.

Jack quickly picked up  Gerhard Winkler, put it onto his shoulder, and glanced at Claire, who was rushing towards him from the other side. He turned around and ran.

Claire's target was also his target. She was after the same target he was, so he turned and ran. He couldn't risk being killed.

Holding a person, Jack's speed was not slowing down, and no one could stop him on the way. He ran in front, and Claire chased behind, and they headed straight towards the gate.

"Damn!"

Just as they turned a corner, they reached the parking lot. Jack's face twitched, and he took two steps back without thinking.

A large number of Hydra soldiers had gathered in the parking lot at some point, and they spotted him immediately.

"Bang, bang, bang!"

As soon as Jack stepped back, a dense barrage of bullets rained down on him. If he had been even half a second slower, he would have had a couple more holes in his body.

While he was still trying to catch his breath, Claire caught up to him from behind. Jack had no choice but to keep running, but this time he changed direction.

The two of them were chasing each other around the base, leaving a trail of dead soldiers from the Hydra organization. Either Jack shot them, or Claire snapped their necks.

Jack ran into a large hall with Claire still hot on his trail. Frustrated, He threw Gerhard Winkler onto the ground and pointed his gun at her head, yelling at her to stay back.

"Don't come any closer! If you do, I'll shoot!"

Possibly intimidated by the gun or perhaps tired of the chase, Claire gasped for breath and waved her hands, signaling Jack to relax.

"Don't talk... Let me catch my breath~" she said, patting her chest. The trembling feeling under her tight uniform made someone feel a little dry in the mouth.

"Why were you still chasing me so closely?" Jack asked.

Jack forced himself to look away from Claire, saying, "He's just a scientist. Why are you risking your life for this?"

"Take a look at this first!" Claire said, handing him a stack of papers from her uniform pocket.

Jack took them, still didn't let his guard down, and began reading, his expression becoming more and more shocked as he went on. He finally realized what this so-called "Number One" drug was.

A Brainwashing drug

As the name suggests, this drug can invade the central nervous system of the human body when injected, taking over the brain's nerves. The person injected with this drug becomes a cold-blooded killing machine, obeying commands without question.

They have no personality, no sense of morality, and become nothing more than machines!

Their brains are still functioning, but they cannot control their bodies. With this drug and some special techniques, one can quickly turn a person into a willing slave who will obey any command.

'If this thing were to be developed,' Jack could already expect a chaotic world.

Unfortunately, it has already been developed!

The main leader behind this drug's development was Gerhard Winkler, the guy that Jack had been stepping on.

No wonder the orders specifically state that the target must be returned alive. Perhaps the trial is fake, and there is another purpose behind it.

"Bang!"

Suddenly, a loud gunshot woke Jack up. Looking down, he saw Gerhard Winkler's head had been blown to pieces.

Looking up, it was clear that Claire was the one who killed him. Jack didn't blame her because he also wanted to do the same. If the outside world got their hands on this drug, it wouldn't be good for anyone.

"Well, at least it wasn't for nothing!" Jack put away his gun and looked at Claire. "You don't have any backup research data, do you?"

"What do you think?" Claire looked at him with a dumb expression. He realized that the research data for the first drug must be many, and now it was 1945. It was not realistic to carry so much data on her.

Furthermore, since the developer was killed, they probably have no intention of getting their hands on this thing.

"I never thought we would meet again, especially under these circumstances," he looked around and continued, "It's a bit different from what I had imagined."

"Do you think this is the time to talk about that? We should focus on finding a way out!" Claire replied. Jack realized their current situation. They were trapped with only one exit and surrounded by Nazi soldiers.

"We need to hurry and get out of here!" Jack said

"Do you have a plan?" Claire asked

"Of course I do. The plan is to launch a strong attack!"

What a great plan, But there's no other way.

The two of them began to prepare.

Jack didn't bring a lot of ammunition in reality, and he couldn't just take out ammo in the inventory out in front of Claire with his guns.

At the top level of the base, there was an armory full of guns and ammunition. Seeing this, Jack ran and took enough ammunition. He asked Claire to stay put while he went down to the lower level alone.

After an intense battle, Jack single-handedly wiped out the remaining Hydra soldiers in the base. He then placed explosives throughout the facility, causing a massive earthquake and burying everything beneath the ruins.

Outside the base, Jack looked at Claire and wanted to say something, but he decided against it and turned to leave.

"Hey!" Claire said

"Huh?"

Turning back to look at Claire, Jack was confused about why she called him back. Unexpectedly tried to recruit him, warning him that he might be discharged if he returned.

Jack rejected Claire's proposal and walked away.

....

Note: he will catch abilities in the upcoming chapters

5