Chapter 39: Revenge
203 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve stood at the front with his shield, and Jack followed behind as the two advanced toward the cockpit.

Upon arriving at the cockpit, they found it empty. The plane was on autopilot, and in the middle of the cockpit, there was a technology emitting a faint blue light containing the Cosmic Cube.

Jack, on the other hand, was less cautious and didn't worry much about the Red Skull at that moment.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps behind them. Jack quickly pushed Steve aside and threw himself to the side.

There was a loud explosion as an energy weapon hit the wall beside them, creating a hole that allowed the cold wind to rush in.

"Is giving up something you guys never understand?!" Red Skull appeared out from the side, holding an energy weapon.

"Never!" Steve replied, about to charge forward, but was suddenly grabbed by Jack

"Let me handle this!" With that, Jack rushed forward. Red Skull fired multiple shots, but Jack dodged them all, quickly closed the distance, and smacked away his weapon.

Before Red Skull could react, Jack's fists darted forward, throwing a quick jab. But the Red skull was quick to respond, dodging the blow and countering with a lightning-fast kick. But Jack didn't avoid it because he has the power of Black King, as every blow struck against him only makes him stronger.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Jack landed a decisive blow. Red Skull stumbled back, dazed and disoriented, and Jack seized the opportunity to launch a final attack. With a fierce yell, he leaped forward, throwing a devastating punch that sent his opponent crashing to the ground.

Severe pain filled his brain, and he felt like all the bones in his body were broken. He didn't understand how the person who had fled from him earlier could suddenly become so powerful and ruthless.

Not only did Red Skull not understand, but Steve couldn't. He stood there with his shield, looking like an observer, staring blankly at Jack's brutal beating of Red Skull. He nervously swallowed a mouthful of saliva.

He inexplicably felt some sympathy for Red Skull.

After enduring five minutes of a brutal beating, Jack finally let go of his opponent. He punched Red Skull's stomach with great force, sending him flying and crashing onto the device that held the Cosmic Cube.

"Phew~ that was satisfying!"

Jack took a deep breath, feeling as if he had finally relieved himself after being lost for days.

Only then did Steve come to his senses, looking at Jack with a frightened expression and taking two steps back.

Looking at Red Skull's lifeless body on the ground, Steve shuddered, realizing Jack's brutality. Did he kill him?

"Uh...it's...unlikely!"

It seemed to be responding to Steve's question. The red skeleton wriggled and struggled, supporting himself on the technology next to him to stand up. His face was completely disfigured.

A pair of bloodshot eyes stared at Jack fiercely with an unbelieving look.

"There's nothing impossible, Schmidt," Jack dusted his hands, looking at the opponent with a smirk. "You lost!"

.

These words seemed to have stimulated the red skeleton. He screamed wildly, "No, no! I won't lose! I absolutely won't lose!"

Suddenly, he made a crazy move!

The Red Skull opened a technology beside him and grabbed the Cosmic Cube in his hand.

"I never lose!" he exclaimed, raising the Cube high and intending to smash it on the ground.

Jack's face turned pale. The Cosmic Cube was very unstable and contained Space Stone energy. He couldn't guarantee that the energy of the stone wouldn't explode, potentially causing doomsday to the earth

Red Skull was aware of this danger, warned by Zola, but he seemed to forget it at that moment.

Just as Jack was about to step forward to stop him, the Red Skull suddenly let out a strange yell. The Cosmic Cube in his hand emitted a blinding light, and energy overflowed from it. Then, a beam of colorful light shot into the sky, illuminating the rainbow.

The beam gradually expanded and enveloped the Red Skull, who was howling in agony. After a moment, the beam shot into the sky and disappeared as if nothing had happened.

The only change was that the Red Skull had disappeared, and the Cosmic Cube fell to the ground without support. Jack reacted quickly and caught it.

However, he soon realized that he had made a mistake. The Cosmic Cube was now as hot as a branding iron and had burned through his gloves, directly onto his skin.

Fortunately, he had the ability to absorb energy; otherwise, the damage would have been much worse. Nonetheless, The Cosmic Cube not only had an astonishing level of heat but also emitted a tremendous amount of energy that his body absorbed without abnormality.

At first, this seems like a great thing, but the problem is that the cosmic Cube is a legendary space stone that can transport you anywhere in the universe with a single thought.

There's no doubt that it contains an enormous amount of energy, and even a small amount of it that spills out is enough to fill and overwhelm him. However, he can only absorb some of the Cosmic Cube's energy while the rest remains dormant inside his body.

If this energy were to burst, he would likely be powerless to control it. The fact is that there are limits to energy absorption. Jack throws the Cosmic Cube away with all his strength to prevent himself from being overloaded.

Unfortunately, things happened so coincidentally that Jack didn't think about the direction in a panic and threw the cosmic Cube out through the gap created by the Red Skull.

"..."

Seeing this, Jack and Steve looked at each other, then at the device that originally stored the Cube.

"Uh... this plane should have backup energy, right?" Jack asked uncertainly.

As if responding to his question, the plane suddenly shook and dropped downward.

"Damn it!"

Steve's face turned pale. Without further ado, he quickly took the driver's seat and forcefully pulled the plane back on course using the control stick.

"What do we do now?"

Jack and Steve stared at each other, at a loss for what to do. He knew how to fly a plane, but he couldn't fly a plane without fuel.

"We don't have much fuel left, Jack, and the plane is full of bombs. We have to take it to a safe place," Steve said, checking the fuel gauge, which only made his face darker.

"A safe place?" Jack looked at the navigation system and laughed at himself. "The Arctic Ocean, there's nowhere safer than here."

They weren't far from the Arctic, the climate was cold, there were few people, and it was a good place to crash.

"You go first, Jack. There should be a parachute here," Steve said, looking at him. But Jack shook his head.

"I have to stay here and land the plane in a safe place," Steve said firmly.

"You may not come back."

"Well, isn't that my goal for joining the army? To save the world, hehe."

Jack fell silent. He knew that Steve wouldn't die, but he didn't know if he could face death with such calmness.

"Steve! Can you hear me?"

Peggy's voice came from the speakers.

Jack didn't want to stay here. He knew what was coming. He patted Steve's shoulder and sighed, "Don't die. We'll meet again in 70 years!"

After saying this, he turned and left without looking back. Steve looked at him strangely. He didn't understand what "meet again in 70 years" meant.

His lover's call kept him from a phone, and he turned to say goodbye to Peggy.

Jack ran into the ammunition station, circled inside twice, took all the bombs, opened the door, looked towards the cockpit, took a deep breath, and jumped out of the plane.

...

please drop me some power stone ;)

6