Chapter 41: Sentry Serum
460 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, decision made!"

Jack had decided on his next course of action. He would first win the championship and remove the control device from his neck before finding a chance to escape.

If he remembered correctly, the biggest portal on Sakaar led to Asgard. When he was in Asgard, he hoped that he could use the Bifrost to get to earth.

If all else failed, he could try using the name of the Ancient One to intimidate them. If that didn't work, he would have to rely on luck and try to escape to other civilized planets.

However, he needed to plan his escape carefully. His recent experience had taught him that Grandmaster was not as harmless as he appeared. Jack was afraid that he might accidentally reveal his origins and end up being dissected for research.

He needed time to collect enough power during the championship match, using the abilities of the Black King to strengthen himself.

After becoming strong enough and accumulating enough energy, the chance of successfully escaping would be the highest.

As for whether exposing his trump card today will cause Grandmaster to take extra precautions against him, although it's a bit troublesome, it's not that serious. After all, his biggest trump card, the Multiverse Salvage Pool, is still with him.

With the Salvage Pool, he finally has the means to travel in the Marvel Universe.

Jack remembered that he still had one opportunity to salvage that he hadn't used yet when he took a vacation in Russia and never got the chance to use it.

Now that he's in Sakaar, he has changed his location, and maybe his luck should be better. He could salvage some good stuff and return today.

Jack closed his eyes and sank his mind into the Multiverse Salvage Pool but was shocked by what he saw.

Above the original Multiverse Salvage Pool, there was a floating blue light that illuminated the surface of the pool, giving it a blue hue.

Thin strands of golden fluorescent light emerged from the surrounding void and converged into the light orb.

Jack could feel that these golden strands were made up of his energy, and the light orb was likely the cosmic cube energy that was lurking within his body.

It was also the culprit that brought him to Sakar. No wonder he couldn't find it before. It was hiding here all along!

Jack was amazed by this scene. Usually, he should have sensed the cosmic cube energy absorbing his energy, but if he hadn't come here, he probably would never have known about this "parasite" attached to him.

Was it because he had absorbed some of the cosmic cube energy?

He shook his head, not wanting to think about the topic as it didn't have any impact on him at the moment.

Arriving at the salvage pool, he lifted the fishing net and silently prayed before extending it into the water to start fishing.

After stirring the water for five minutes, he lifted the net.

"Hmm?"

He didn't expect much, but what he found inside the net surprised him: a bottle of faintly glowing golden potion.

Jack took out the bottle, and the name of the liquid flashed in his mind. Upon realizing what it was, his eyes widened, and his expression became a mixture of joy, regret, and hesitation.

It wasn't surprising, as anyone who knew the power of this particular liquid would have the same reaction.

To put it bluntly, if Jack drank this bottle of liquid, he would instantly become the most powerful in the universe.

He could easily dominate even characters like Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

All of this was because the liquid was the Sentry Serum, which granted the user the power of a million exploding stars.

In the original comic book series, Sentry, who had taken the serum, possessed super speed, stamina, defense, learning ability, flight, and more.

The Sentry possesses super-strong energy control abilities, which allow him to absorb any energy to replenish himself, as well as Photokinesis which could generate, control, and emit light.

Furthermore, his abilities in the comics are still unknown, and nobody knows his true limits.

The Sentry is unbeatable in a single universe and even among the top in a multiverse.

To be honest, Jack's brain is utterly excited at the moment. He never thought he would be so lucky as to salvage this unbelievable treasure.

He even can't resist the urge to drink the potion, but his last bit of reason tells him that he can't do it!

Not because of anything else but simply because the success rate of awakening after taking the Sentry potion is too low, and he could even get the second personality, Which is "The Void" also known as Dark Sentry

Furthermore, the comics later proved that the Sentry serum only works for members of the Sentry family, and anyone else who drinks it will only experience genetic collapse.

Although the Sentry serum salvaged from the dimensional pool does not have the latter rule, the success rate is greatly increased. Jack still does not want to take the risk. He knows that zero multiplied by one million is still zero in the end.

Jack has not had enough of life yet and does not want to meet One Above All yet.

Suppressing his desire to drink the serum on the spot, Jack quickly found a safe deposit box and placed the Sentry serum inside, sealing it tightly.

This thing will probably only be used in a life-or-death situation.

With a small thought, Jack withdrew from the Salvage Pool and returned to reality.

When he opened his eyes, Jack found the cell was in chaos. Several warriors under the command of the Topaz were driving the people in the cell out. He inevitably got caught up in it, stood up, patted his butt, and awkwardly followed them out.

He estimated that the championship match was about to start, and the participants should be entering.

Suddenly, Jack felt his vision darken, and a burly man with a figure of more than two meters was standing in front of him, staring at him with an aggressive look.

It was the burly man who felt threatened by Jack just now.

The big man opened his lips and muttered something in a language that Jack didn't understand before turning around and leaving the cell.

Jack greeted him but then turned to the guard beside him and asked, "What did he say?"

"He told you to be careful," the guard replied with a sympathetic look. "He said he would twist your head off and make it his trophy. So, you better stay alive until then."

Jack's expression immediately soured. "What the f*ck! I'm usually the one who threatens people. Who dares threaten me? Unbelievable!" He cursed under his breath.

.....

Note: According to the comics, the Sentry serum had a number of negative side effects, including severe mental instability, memory loss, and other psychological issues. so even if someone were able to avoid the influence of the Void, they could still suffer from these dangerous side effects.

please give me some stones ;)

7