Chapter 3 I will be the strongest
1.3k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remy stood up from the rock where he was sitting and began to walk towards the village. As he walked, he asked in his head, "System, was it you who healed me?"

Remy wasn't sure if the system would respond, but he was surprised when the previously silent system spoke in his head: "{Affirmative, it was me}." After responding, it fell silent again.

"You're not one to talk much, are you?" Remy joked with the system in his head, but the system ignored what he said.

After bathing with Jeanne, Remy felt a little cold because his clothes were still wet. He realized he needed to change clothes to feel more comfortable and warm. However, before thinking of himself, he decided to go to Jeanne's house, which was a bit far from the village but not too far. It was only a few meters away. Besides, he didn't have any other clothes besides the one he was wearing.

As he walked, Remy thought about how he could improve his skills and become stronger. But before thinking about his own development, he remembered he had eaten the food that Jeanne's family produced and, therefore, needed to help them in some way. Since he didn't have any money, he decided to help with the farm tasks to repay the food they had offered him.

Remy decided to do physical exercise and chose to run towards Jeanne's house. He believed that the clothes he was wearing were thin enough to dry quickly before he arrived at his destination.

Remy arrived panting at the house after only two minutes. His breathing was heavy, and his exhaustion was evident in each deep breath he took. The run he had just done left his body exhausted and tired.

"Remy, what are you doing here?" Jeanne asked as she came out of her house with two cows and three sheep tied with a rope. She had an angry and worried expression on her face.

Remy's response was quick but clear. "Jeanne, don't worry. I'm fine, I just needed a little exercise to feel better. My clothes are almost dry." He showed her his clothes, which were almost completely dry.

Jeanne still looked worried and tried to say something, but Remy put his finger on her lips in a silent gesture. He wanted her to know that he was okay and that she didn't need to worry anymore.

"I said I would help you, didn't I? So, let's get started. You're taking these animals to graze, right?" Remy took the ropes from Jeanne's hand, who was taking her animals to the pasture.

"Yes, Ré. Did you wash the finger you put in my mouth?" Jeanne spoke jokingly with Remy and stood in front of him, looking at him through the strands of her golden bangs and her beautiful blue eyes.

Rémy put a smile on his face and spoke with conviction and pride: "I passed on the ground where there was a lot of crap ... Where is the pasture?" Rémy is still tired because of the race he ran, and doesn't know where the pasture is to put these animals, so he asked Jeanne.

"The pasture is in that direction... What?!" Jeanne promptly answered Rémy's question, but immediately panicked when he revealed he had put his dirty finger in her mouth. Jeane began coughing and spitting to try to get rid of any possible feces she may have ingested.

Meanwhile, Rémy laughed loudly at the situation and exclaimed, "Hahaha, let's go, my friends!" He headed towards the pasture, accompanied by the animals that were now his new friends. Jeanne, still recovering from the unpleasant experience, ran after them, determined not to miss the opportunity to help Rémy with his new tasks.

Jeanne, in her mind, also entertained the idea of ​​getting revenge on Rémy as soon as she had the chance. However, at the moment, she only accompanied him to the pasture, spitting on the ground throughout the journey. Rémy, for his part, kept a smile on his face since he left Jeanne's house. He knew nothing had passed on his finger, but Jeanne didn't know.

Rémy decided not to talk about the subject with Jeanne for now. Arriving at the pasture, he contemplated the green fields swaying gently in the wind, finding that scene quite beautiful. Meanwhile, Jeanne started complaining next to him: "Another day looking at the skies. Well, probably today won't be so bad." Then she elbowed Rémy's ribs. Grumpy because of the pain, he showed her the finger he had put in his mouth. Jeanne, in turn, showed a look of terror as she remembered that dirty finger had been in her mouth before.

Rémy fixed his gaze on one of the cows, immersed in deep thoughts. Suddenly, an idea shone in his mind. Although unsure if his idea would work, he decided it was worth a try. Determined, Rémy advanced towards a nearby bush and pulled it forcefully with his right hand, leaving the loose soil. He walked resolutely towards the chosen cow, while Jeanne watched curiously, not knowing exactly what he was about to do.

Rémy quietly approached the cow that was chewing on the grass, holding the plant he had just pulled with firmness. He stood in front of the cow and, with gentle gestures, offered the plant to the cow in the hope of attracting its attention. At first, the cow seemed to ignore him, continuing to chew on its food. But after a few seconds of Rémy's persistence, the cow began to look at the plant with interest, trying to reach it with its tongue.

"Rê, what are you trying to do?" Jeanne asked, still confused about Rémy's objective. She watched closely as Rémy continued to offer the plant to the cow, trying to attract it closer. What he hoped to achieve with this was still a mystery to her.

"You'll see, just wait a bit!" shouted Rémy in response to Jeanne. The cow he was trying to attract finally started eating the plant in his hand, and Rémy began stroking the cow's head, running his hand down the middle of her body. The cow didn't seem to mind Rémy's presence as she enjoyed her snack.

With a satisfied smile on his face, Rémy put all his strength into his legs and arms to climb onto the cow, holding onto her thick fur to avoid falling. He looked down, seeing the cow patiently allowing him to settle on her back.

With a huge smile of happiness, Rémy looked towards Jeanne and yelled, "Look! This is what I was trying to do!" He felt a wave of pride and accomplishment as he realized he had successfully ridden the cow, finally achieving his goal. Well, half of the goal. But Rémy is determined to continue on with his ambitious goal of taming all the animals in front of him, regardless of whether they belong to him or not. Additionally, he is determined to learn to ride each one.

When the cow's food was gone, she looked back and saw Rémy with a smug smile on his face, staring at Jeanne, who was looking at him seriously. However, Rémy didn't realize that the cow had stopped eating, and before he could react, the cow started jumping with him on her back. Despite his attempts to hold onto the cow's fur, he couldn't grip for long and ended up being thrown off her back.

"Rê!" Jeanne screamed in despair, running to try and catch him before he fell to the ground and hurt himself. While in the air, Rémy looked down and saw that the ground was covered in bushes. Although he was in freefall, he wasn't afraid, as he knew the bushes would likely cushion his fall.

With extreme agility, Rémy realized Jeanne was approaching him from below, intending to sustain him to prevent his imminent fall. In a moment of clarity, he shouted to Jeanne, in a desperate tone: "Jeanne! You don't have to hold onto me! The bushes will cushion my fall!"

However, Jeanne seemed oblivious to what Rémy had just said, remaining motionless with her arms open, as if waiting for him to fall into her arms. Suddenly, the fall happened, and Rémy, propelled by the force of gravity, collided violently with Jeanne, his forehead hitting hers in a dull, painful impact.

With a pained expression on his face, Rémy murmured softly as he held his throbbing head. He felt Jeanne groaning in pain, but she still didn't let go of him. Jeanne held onto his body tightly as he tried to recover from the impact.

Rémy felt a lump in his throat as he saw Jeanne's forehead red from the shock. Her blue eyes were full of tears, but she was trying to be strong and not cry due to the pain she was feeling. Rémy felt a tightness in his chest, looking at Jeanne with deep concern and sadness.

In a hoarse voice, he whispered to her as he gently stroked her red and sore forehead: "You're an idiot. I said I wouldn't get hurt because the bushes would cushion my fall." Jeanne looked at him angrily and started shouting: "Why do you do this? Can't you see you're hurting yourself? Why can't you just rest normally?"

Jeanne vented all her frustration and began hitting Rémy's chest angrily. He remained silent, looking at her with a mixture of sadness and tenderness. Carefully, he ran his hand through her hair, gently stroking it with all the affection he had never shown before.

Rémy whispered lovingly in Jeanne's ear, still delicately running his right hand through her hair. "I do this for you," he said, wanting to reassure her. Jeanne heard his words, but instead of feeling happy, she felt a mix of emotions. For a moment, she smiled, but then she angrily headbutted Rémy in the face.

The impact of the headbutt made Rémy groan in pain. Jeanne stood up, still feeling her forehead throbbing, but she didn't care. She spoke angrily: "I asked you to be my partner, but I didn't ask you to sacrifice yourself this way, without adequate rest. I didn't ask you to kill yourself trying to achieve something."

Jeanne ended her speech with tears streaming down her eyes and gasping for having said everything she wanted. She had been feeling bad since she saw Rémy struggling so much earlier. She couldn't understand why he was doing this and began feeling guilty, thinking that maybe it was because of her and her promise.

Jeanne noticed that Rémy didn't say anything, which devastated her. She turned her back on him and ran towards another place. Rémy called out to her: "Jeanne!" She stopped for a moment, but then continued running, ignoring Rémy's call.

Rémy watched her figure disappear into the distance, without moving from his place. Although he felt a pang of regret for not going after her, he knew that his responsibility as an animal watcher was paramount. He couldn't leave them unguarded, no matter what happened.

While keeping his eyes fixed on the animals, Rémy forced a smile, trying to appear more cheerful than he really felt. The incident still affected him deeply, but he was determined to achieve his goals, no matter the cost. He wanted to be the strongest of the servants and be in all possible classes, and nothing would stop him.

"So, my friends," he said, addressing the animals with a soft but firm voice. "Are you ready to be tamed?"

Although he knew that the animals couldn't understand him, Rémy felt a connection with them. They were the only company he had at the moment and, somehow, that comforted him. He knew he would have to have a difficult conversation with Jeanne who had just run out, but now wasn't the time. He had to take care of his duties, which were Jeanne's, and protect his pets. Later, he would find a moment to talk to her.

55